High blood pressure overview
The regular rising and falling of blood pressure is closely related to the heartbeat movement, and its variations can even be observed with daily routine, viz. physical activity, diet, rest, exercise, etc. Such a phenomenon generally happens with more or less to all the people. But, it takes a worrying condition due to our faulty lifestyle such as sedentary habits, stress, beverages, smoking, etc. and all these lead to obesity, vision loss, cardiac problems, giddiness, and other conditions. However, hypertension can be managed by using Unani medicines and Hamdard remedies.
Some of the important signs of hypertension are:
- Loss of vision
- Blood vessels thickening
- Heaviness and restlessness
- Respiratory congestion
- Increased heartbeat and heart attack
- Chest pain
- Irritation and anger
Causes & reasons
High blood pressure is not suitable for the smooth functioning of the body system. At the same time, it invites many complications to the body.
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive use of salt
- Use of steroid
- Hormonal disorders
10 Unani medicines to manage high blood pressure
- Indian Gooseberry: Amla is known for its many health benefits and uses. It is rich in vitamin C and contains chromium, which facilitates the smooth flow of blood and prevents the thickening of blood vessels. Besides these, iron mineral enhances oxygen flow in the body, thus helping to manage blood pressure. Indian gooseberry also helps in shedding fat and ensures the release of toxins through urine.
- Gotu Kola: Centella Asiatica helps increase blood circulation, ensuring proper oxygen and smooth metabolism. It helps to control hypertension. This medicinal plant is also known for intellect, wisdom, and longevity and solves the issues of senior problems. This unique herb is used both in modern as well as traditional medicines.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a miracle herb known for many health benefits, including controlling high blood pressure. The mix of Ashwagandha powder (½ teaspoon), sugar (1 teaspoon) and Sunflower seed powder (½ teaspoon), if taken thrice a day, helps to manage blood pressure remarkably. The mix of Ashwagandha and Terminalia bellerica is also compelling in cardiac-related health.
- Garlic: Garlic is a great heart healer. Eating one clove of garlic daily helps to thin the blood and reduces the thickening of arteries. Thus, garlic is a beautiful herb for the heart and good for curing high blood pressure.
- Honey: Honey is a surprising nectar to control blood pressure. It can be taken along with other natural products. The use of honey and Indian gooseberry helps to lower blood pressure. Using clove & honey and lemon water & honey also helps cure hypertension.
- Olive oil is enriched with monounsaturated fat that helps manage systolic and diastolic pressure.
- Tulsi: Tulsi daily helps to alleviate the symptoms of high blood pressure. Tulsi leaves contain a biochemical substance called eugenol, which prevents calcium entry into the blood vessels.
- Onion: Onion lowers the risk of heart disease because of abundant antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that decrease triglycerides, thereby managing high blood pressure. The eating of onion also helps to combat bad LDL cholesterol.
- Sarpagandha: The mix of Sarpagandha (1 gm), Harad(1gm), and Giloy(1gm) is quite effective in treating hypertension And tachycardia.
- Ajwain: Ajwain plays an essential role in managing blood pressure by reducing blood concentration of stress hormones that cause blood vessels to constrict.
Ten wonder tips to lower blood pressure naturally
- Blood pressure is directly related to weight. So, please be aware of weight gain.
- A brisk walk for 15 minutes and a cardiac workout compel the heart to use more oxygen.
- Inhale deeply and exhaling profoundly help reduce stress significantly, thus checking normal blood pressure.
- One should eat sweet potatoes, tomatoes, bananas, prunes and raisins as these fruits and vegetables are rich in potassium and counter sodium effects.
- Use those rich in cocoa products, as these develop elasticity in blood vessels.
- Alcohol consumption can increase blood pressure suddenly.
- Herbal teas should be preferred.
- Use of excessive oil, spicy foods, ghee, butter and pickles should be discouraged.
- Take two meals daily—raw meals in the first half and cooked foods in the second half.
- Have a rest and check your blood pressure regularly.
Surprising foods that lower blood pressure
- Fresh fruit juice
- Vegetables like cucumber, tomato, onion, radish, cabbage, and spinach.
- Boiled vegetables