High blood pressure overview
The normal rising and falling of blood pressure is closely related with the heart beat movement and its variations even can be observed with daily routine viz. physical activity, diet, rest, exercise, etc. Such phenomenon generally happens with more or less to all the people. But, it takes a worrying condition due to our faulty lifestyle such as sedentary habits, stress, beverages, smoking, etc. and all these lead to obesity, vision loss, cardiac problems, giddiness, and other conditions. However, hypertension can be managed by using of Unani medicines and Hamdard remedies.
Some of the important symptoms of hypertension are:
- Loss of vision
- Blood vessels thickening
- Heaviness, and restlessness
- Respiratory congestion
- Increased heartbeat and heart attack
- Chest pain
- Irritation and anger
Causes & reasons
High blood pressure is not good for the smooth functioning of body system. At the same time, it invites many complications to the body.
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive use of salt
- Use of steroid
- Hormonal disorders
10 Unani medicines to manage high blood pressure
- Indian Gooseberry: Amla is known for many health benefits and uses. It is rich in vitamin C and contains chromium that facilitates smooth flow of blood and also prevents thickening of blood vessels. Besides these, the presence of iron mineral enhances oxygen flow in the body thus helps to manage blood pressure. Indian gooseberry also helps in shedding of fat and ensures releasing of toxins through urine.
- Gotu Kola: Centella asiatica helps to increase blood circulation thereby ensure proper oxygen and smooth metabolism throughout the body. It helps to control hypertension. This medicinal plant is also known for intellect, wisdom, longevity and solves the issues of geriatric problems. This unique herb is used both in modern as well as traditional medicines.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a miracle herb, known for many health benefits including controlling of high blood pressure. The mix of Ashwagandha powder (½ teaspoon), sugar (1teaspoon) and Sunflower seed powder (½ teaspoon) if taken thrice a day, helps to manage blood pressure remarkable. The mix of Ashwagandha and Terminalia bellerica is also effective in cardiac related health.
- Garlic: Garlic is a great heart healer. The eating of one clove garlic on daily basis helps to thinning of blood and also reduces the thickening of arteries. Thus, garlic is a wonder herb for heart and good in curing of high blood pressure.
- Honey: Honey is surprising nectar to control blood pressure. It can be taken along with other natural products. The use of honey and Indian gooseberry helps to lower blood pressure. The use of clove & honey and lemon water & honey also helps in curing of hypertension.
- Olive oil: It is enriched with monounsaturated fat that helps to manage both systolic as well as diastolic pressure.
- Tulsi: The use of Tulsi on daily basis helps to alleviate the symptoms of high blood pressure. Tulsi leaves contain a biochemical substance called eugenol, which prevents the entry of calcium into the blood vessels.
- Onion: Onion ensures to lower the risk of heart disease because of abundance of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that decrease triglycerides thereby manages high blood pressure. The eating of onion also helps to combat bad LDL cholesterol.
- Sarpagandha: The mix of Sarpagandha (1 gm), Harad(1gm), and Giloy(1gm) is quite effective in treating of hypertension,. And tachycardia.
- Ajwain: Ajwain plays an important role to manage blood pressure by reducing blood concentration of stress hormones that caused blood vessels to constrict.
10 wonder tips to lower blood pressure naturally
- Blood pressure is directly related to weight. Thus, be alert on weight gain.
- Brisk walk for 15 minutes and cardiac workout compel the heart to use more oxygen.
- Inhale deeply and exhale very deeply helps to reduce stress to a larger extent thus checks normal blood pressure.
- One should eat sweet potatoes, tomatoes, bananas, prunes and raisins as these fruits and vegetables are rich in potassium and counter sodium effects.
- Use those products, which are rich in cocoa as these develop elasticity in blood vessels.
- Alcohol consumption can increase blood pressure suddenly.
- Herbal teas should be preferred.
- Use of excessive oil, spicy foods, ghee, butter and pickles should be discouraged.
- Take two meals a day. Raw food meal in the first half and cooked foods in the second half.
- Have a rest and checked your blood pressure regularly.
Surprising foods that lower blood pressure
- Fresh fruit juice
- Vegetables like cucumber, tomato, onion, radish, cabbage, and spinach.
- Boiled vegetables
2 thoughts on “10 Best Unani Hamdard Medicines for High Blood Pressure Control”
Well, research! Keep it up for future edition
The way u have presented the article is exemplary.