How to use honey for weight loss?
Both honey and refined sugar contain sugar, but there is a marked difference between them. Honey is inundated with useful vitamins and minerals wherein all these beneficial nutrients are lacking in refined sugar. When you take a refined one, it simply added extra calories, which results in weight gain. On the other hand, honey is fructose-rich, which allows your brain to produce fat-burning hormones. Therefore, it is a wise step to replace sugar with farm honey for weight loss. Honey can be used as a natural substitute in tea, desserts, syrups, and other sweet dishes. Taking one tablespoon of honey before bedtime is helpful in weight loss. Using honey on regular basis helps to satiate your appetite.
Medicinal uses of honey
Honey is one of the most wonderful gifts of nature, which is being used since ancient times. Honey has many important health benefits and medicinal uses such as boosting immunity, weight loss, flavoring, nourishing, moisturizing, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory, etc. Though honey has innumerable benefits, yet it is also beneficial in weight loss, fitness, beauty, and hair health. It is fat-free, cholesterol-free, sodium-free as per the information available on the National Honey Board portal.
Nutritional facts of farm honey
- One tablespoon of honey contains energy (64 calories) and sugar (17 gms).
- The varied sugar present in honey are fructose, glucose, maltose and sucrose.
- It has no fiber, fat and protein.
- It has lower GI value, which is related to blood sugar level.
- It has adequate amount of antioxidants and phenolic compounds.
- It is rich in minerals viz. iron, calcium and magnesium.
Wonder benefits of farm honey for weight loss
- Honey and cinnamon for weight loss: The use of honey (1tbs) and cinnamon (1/2 tbs) in a cup of green tea expedite the metabolic process of your body and enables you energetic throughout the way. It also helps you to prevent frequent eating.
- Honey and lemon for weight loss: Make a mixture of a glass of lukewarm water, honey (1/2 tbs) and half lemon. Drink it every day in the morning, which helps to detoxify the body, expedite the metabolic process and rejuvenates the organs and accordingly gives the feeling of less appetite.
- Honey and garlic: The using of honey (1tbs) and garlic in the morning acts as a detoxifying agent. It also helps in lowering cholesterol level.
- A study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition in 2010 wherein it has been found that using honey ensures controlling your appetite. The eating of honey before going to bed, helps to shed extra fat from the body.
- Honey has the inherent quality of burning extra fat from the body and can do commendable job in weight loss if all refined sugar in your diet is replaced with this natural nectar. Doing this, this natural farm product helps to synchronize brain signals, which discourage you of eating more sugary products.
- Honey stimulates digestion and fight against belly fat.
- Constipation is directly or indirectly related with overweight. Problems like digestion, acidity, irritable bowel syndrome can affect weight management routine as obese people generally complain about constipation.
- Those who have digestion problems are likely to have weight gain. However, lemon and water ensure to flush out waste products from the body and cleanse your digestive canal thus helpful to be fit and healthy.
- Honey is the excellent natural moisturiser and do great for the dry and rough skin. The application of it helps to soften and supple your skin. Do rub your face with honey and wash it after 20 minutes, will give you a fair complexion. Besides these, it is an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial too.
- Honey is a wonder natural moisturizer and helps to get silky hair. The use of honey and olive oil on the scalp works as conditioning, followed by washing the hair with natural shampoo.
10 top facts about farm honey
- Honey shouldn’t be used in boiling water for weight management purposes.
- The liquid shouldn’t be cooked at high temperature if you wanted to combat overweight.
- Honey is more beneficial and healthful if it is raw, comes from the farm directly and unpasteurized.
- Slovenian honey is considered as the best one.
- Diabetic patients instead of taking refined sugar, they should take honey in moderate amount.
- The use of honey helps in weight management and also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- The best way to identify the purity of is honey that it sinks down when put into the glass of water.
- The different forms of honey are Bhramar, Kshaudra, Pauttik, Chhatra, Aarghya, Auddalaka and Makshika.
- Honey shouldn’t be given to the kids of below one year as it may cause food poisoning because of clostridium botulinum.
- A compound called Hydroxymethylfurfural formed after heating of honey that supposed to damage genetic composition of the body.