What is the meaning of Ajwain?
- Ajwain is one of the important herbs for kitchen to make the cuisine recipes tasty.
- All the parts of this herb have a very strong smell; hence it is called Ugragandha in Sanskrit.
- Ajwain has many health and medicinal benefits.
- It is a well-known herbal formulations for instant remedy for stomachache.
- The seed, oil, flowers, and extract are used as medicine for various diseases. It is also one of the potent medicines to kill worms.
- It is extremely beneficial for Earache, toothache, Influenza, Heart problems, Arthritis, Nasal blockage.
- The person feeling excessive sexual desire may take it cool down himself.
- A small punch of the spice may be taken on everyday basis.
Instant remedy for stomachache
- It has alcoholic qualities in a very mild form; therefore, it may be used as instant stomach pain.
- Ajwain along with the small quantity of salt, when sip with warm water is quite beneficial for indigestion and stomach pain.
- For the person suffering from indigestion and anorexia, 1 tsp of Ajwain seed may be taken along with food.
Ajwain for cold
- For chronic and recurrent colds, it is recommended to take fried seeds of ajwain in the dose of 2 grams for 15-20 days.
- Inhaling of its grind seed is also beneficial in case of headache, migraine, and cold &cough.
- Chewing Ajwain seeds with lukewarm water is effective in curing cough.
Ajwain for Asthma
- Inhalation of the smoke of Ajwain acts as a bronchodilator and makes the breathing pattern easier.
- The person suffering from Asthma may take the paste of Ajwain and Jaggery, 1 tsp, twice a day. This mixture is helpful in asthma prevention and treatment.
Ajwain for Diabetes Mellitus
- 1 tsp of Ajwain seeds and 4 tsp of Bael leaves juice if taken 2 to 3 times a day, are effective in polyuria commonly seen in case of Diabetes.
How to get rid of Alcohol Addiction through ajwain
- To get rid of Alcohol addiction, decoction of ajwain may be taken in the dose of 30 ml at night for 50 days.
- Persons, who use alcohol excessively, may experience acute stomach pain. For such patients, 1 tsp of ajwain seeds may be consumed along with warm water twice a day.
Ajwain in Cholera
- It has the ability to minimize the impact of threadworms and intestinal bacterial infection. Hence, it is good to give cholera patients.
Ajwain to dissolve Kidney Stone
- When the mix of Ajwain seeds, honey, and vinegar is used for 10 days, it helps to dissolve kidney stones that ultimately remove with urine.
Ajwain for Weight Loss
Ajwain has appetite-stimulating properties and on account of laxative components, it fastens the bowel movement and thus helps in weight loss. Regular taking of ajwain also helps to regulate obesity.
Ajwain reduces Gas and Flatulence
Ajwain is one of the best herbal wonder drugs for gas, flatulence, and indigestion. Distilled water of it is good for the above-said problems and also enhances appetite.
Ajwain for Acidity and Hyperacidity
Ajwain seeds have anti-hyperacidity properties. A patient of acidity or hyperacidity may consume ajwain along with lukewarm water + salt either in the morning or after a meal. When taken for 10-15 days, it shows good results. Read Acidity Control and Prevention through Herbal means.
15 unknown Ajwain seeds benefits (Carom Seeds)
The top 15 health benefits of Carom seeds are:
- Ajwain seeds increase gastro-intestinal secretions which enhances the efficiency of digestive functions.
- Ajwain is effective for stomach pain. Having the problems of flatulence, indigestion, and gas release, take 1 tsp of ajwain along with water for one week
- Thymol, the essential oil extracted from Carom seeds is used as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Ajwain which contains the highest percentage of Thymol is used as antiseptic and in the treatment of cough and asthma.
- Carom Seeds are effective for respiratory problems such as common cold, cough, bronchitis, and nasal congestion.
- If somebody takes excessive beverages, especially alcohol, eating ajwain twice a day reduces craving for alcohol.
- Ajwain oil is good for leg massage. Practicing such massage helps to cure rheumatic arthritis.
- Gargling ajwain water is helpful in curing of tooth pain. Ajwain fumes are also used in case of toothache.
- Ajwain seeds are good for removing kidney stones. It is suggested to take ajwain seeds along with honey or vinegar for 15-20 days.
- Take roasted ajwain seeds; and boil it in a glass of water. Drink the strained mixture. It is beneficial in curing acidity and indigestion.
- Due to the presence of Thymol, ajwain is used in curing colic, muscle spasms, cramps, and edema.
- The paste made up of crushed ajwain seeds and curd are used in treating pimples, acne, blemishes, and blackheads.
- Ajwain extraction is used in treating flatulence.
- Ajwain seeds are an effective appetizer and also used as laxatives.
- It is beneficial in case of vomiting, mouth diseases and piles.
Side effects of Ajwain
Though, eating of lesser amounts of it shows hardly any side effects
However, precautions should be taken in certain conditions, especially its overuse. Its overuse can cause stomach ulcer
It shouldn’t be taken by people who are suffering from liver diseases and ulcerative colitis.
Breastfeeding shouldn’t use excess of it.
During pregnancy, it should be taken cautiously.
There are other side effects such as vomiting, nausea, and headache.