Ajwain is one of the best spices that is used widely across the world because of its many health and medicinal benefits. Not only ajwain, in facts all of its parts are having pungent smell. It is known since the ancient times because of its potent benefits such as stomachache, killing of worms., earache, toothache and nasal blockage. It reduces the excessive sexual desire.
10 surprising health benefits of Ajwain
It is used as an instant stomach pain reliver because of alcoholic ingredients. The mix of it along with black salt and water is an effective remedy for stomach pain, gas and indigestion. The patients of anorexia should take along with food.
Also Read:1. Ajwain benefits for Gas and Acidity
2. Ajwain water recipes, uses & benefits
For recurrent colds, it is suggested to take fried seeds of ajwain (2 grams) for 15-20 days. Inhaling of grind Ajwain seeds is beneficial in headache, migraine, and cold. Chewing of its seeds with lukewarm water cures cough.
Inhalation of Ajwain smoke makes breathing easy and to larger extent acts as a bronchodilator. Asthma patients relieve if they take the mix of Ajwain and Jaggery, 1 tsp, twice a day.
4. Diabetes Mellitus
Ajwain seeds (1 tsp) and Bael leaves juice (4 tsp) treat polyuria, generally seen with Diabetic patients. How to use? It can be taken 2 to 3 times a day.
5. Alcohol Addiction
The decoction of ajwain about (30 ml) can be given to Alcohol addiction patients at night to get rid off drinking gradually. However, the result can be visible if it is continued for loner period of time, about 60 days. It also helps to ease stomach pain in case of such patients.
Ajwain is known for its various medicinal uses including the prevention of threadworms and intestinal bacterial infection. The ayurvedic physician suggests the use of it with cholera patients.
7. Kidney Stone
The formulations of Ajwain seeds, honey, and vinegar helps to remove kidney stones. The mix can be taken in the empty stomach for 15 days.
8. Weight Loss
Ajwain is associated with multiple benefits including digestive system. In a newly research, it has been found that it fastens the bowel movement due to laxative ingredients, which not only makes the digestive system stronger, in fact, helps in in weight loss too. It is also recommended to give to the obesity and overweight patients.
9. Gas and Flatulence
The seeds are the best herbal medicine to treat gas, flatulence, and indigestion. The seeds can be taken with black salt.
10. Acidity and Hyperacidity
It acts like as a panacea for acidity and hyperacidity patients. Better to take the seeds along with lukewarm water, black salt after a meal. The procedure should be continued for one month. The grind of it is more preferable.
15 wonder Ajwain seeds benefits (Carom Seeds)
- Ajwain seeds enhances the efficiency of digestive organs as it facilitates gastro-intestinal secretions.
- It is the wonder ayurvedic medicine to cure stomach pain. Not only abdominal pain, it also treats flatulence, indigestion, and gas. One table spoon a day till one week is enough to solve the problem.
- Carom seeds contains a phyto-chemical substance called Thymol known for anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- The presence of Thymol in ajwain is also associated with antiseptic properties and helpful in the treatment of asthma too.
- The respiratory health issues bronchitis and nasal congestion can be cured with the using of it.
- It discourages the craving of alcohol. Those who are addicted, should take ajwain twice a day.
- The massage of ajwain oil helps to cure rheumatic arthritis. It is also beneficial who are having pains in legs, joints, knees and ankles.
- Gargling ajwain water is used since the ancient times to ease tooth pain. Ajwain fumes are also common among the rural population to prevent toothache.
- Seeds are great for kidney stones removal. If the kidney stones are detected early, it can be easily removed with the use of ajwain seeds along with honey. Its use should be continued at least for 10 days.
- The grind of ajwain seeds along with lukewarm water helps to cure acidity and indigestion.
- Thymol, the bio-chemical substance present in the highest number in used to treat colic, muscle spasms and cramps. It is also beneficial with the patients of edema.
- The use of ajwain is also not behind in beauty and skin fair complexion. The paste of ajwain seeds and curd are used in treating pimples, acne, blemishes, and blackheads.
- Flatulence can not only be cured yet it can completely eradicate the problems.
- Ajwain seeds are laxatives in nature and should be taken by those who are experiencing obesity and overweight.
- It should also be taken by those who are having the condition of piles.
Side effects of Ajwain
Eating of one tablespoon or half of it, hardly show any side effects. However, excess of may harm the body. Here, we are mentioning some of its side effects so that precaution can be taken to get maximum benefits of it. The eating of excess amount of it can cause stomach ulcer.
- There are some people who are habituated of taking it after breakfast, lunch and dinner. such practices should be avoided.
- It should be avoided by those who are experiencing liver diseases and the condition of ulcerative colitis.
- Breastfeeding mother should take precaution.
- The pregnant mother should also take cautiously. Overeating must be avoided as they generally experiences gastritis issues.
- If a person is frequently experiencing vomiting, nausea and headache, take it after the consultation of a ayurvedic doctor.
34 thoughts on “Top 10 Health And Medicinal Benefits of Ajwain”
There are more benefits of ajwain like congestion cough removal in chest . This is really a wonder spice.
Ajwain is really good for gas problems …I remember my grandmother gave me whenever I have pain in my stomach.
i need to know what side effects it has while taking in continuously
I have a itchi skin problems and it is affected in some of the body parts. I have done blood test and some of the told me it is due to medicine or carpet allergies but still to day I am not reach to the results. I have started use of Ajwain seed but I don’t know how to use.
I am living in Melbourne Australia from 2013 and than skin problems started, before thats I was in India.
I hope you will be guide me in this matter.
For skin etch problem… Try few drops of dettol with Brylcream, (hair cream)
I had this etch problem on my legs & after many trial & error dettol with brylcream
Has helped…. Good luck.
u can take ajwain with warm water in empty stomach in the morning.know the reason for your itch. Your blood might have turn acidic & the PH level would have gone down resulting in constant itch.Itch has no discrimination whether it’s India or Australia just refrain from non veg. Go vegetarian, & search for more alkaline foods.Also never fail to take lemon honey & warm water in empty stomach early morning. You will see a miraculous change. I also underwent the same issue.best wishes
Hi dilip just came across your issue when searching for benefits of ajwain.u can take ajwain with warm water in empty stomach in the morning.know the reason for your itch. Your blood might have turn acidic & the PH level would have gone down resulting in constant itch.Itch has no discrimination whether it’s India or Australia just refrain from non veg. Go vegetarian, & search for more alkaline foods.Also never fail to take lemon honey & warm water in empty stomach early morning. You will see a miraculous change. I also underwent the same issue.best wishes
I have used it , really it’s amazing.. Best for digestion , cold and all the other problems stated above….
Ajwan is very good remedies for utrus problems m.c. disorder also
Azwaayen is good for constipation
1 Hartaki (fryi with desi ghee)
2 sonf (just warm up on tawaa)
3 azwaayen (just warm up on tawaa)
grind them and mix
take 1/2 teaspoon at bedtime and
Take one teaspoon early in the morning with hot water
ramm baan for constipation
if you feel loose motion reduce the quantity of morning dose
I have planted ajwain now it’s a beautiful plant I chew one leaf a day and I feel on top of the world I suffer from Many illness which are controlled by medicine
it is a great product . i knew a few benefits but i know the superb benefits of ajwain. . now
strongly recommend articleain and ajw
I have a skin problem. Since few months i am having iching problem all over my body and after that hard kind of pimples sort of over growth appears on my body what should i do its very irritating sometime.
Can readers please suggest easy home remedies for the following 2 problems:
1) for running nose/sneezing starting practically every alternate morning!
2) For hearing problems.
Very useful knowledge about ajwain.thanks
Very good useful entire universe
ajwain is really very good for skin diseases
I suffer from cold running nose once a week any natural tried and proved remedy plz help
Ajwain used fish curry is good for people after pregnancies to remove impurities from their body.
Is ajwain good enough for weight loss??
Ajwain is a good remedy for gas trouble .In stomach pain gives good relief.
Excellent information that boon for health .
some time I got hyper acidity problem
n immediate I used ajuwain seed ..its really great. ..
herbal spices are very useful and beneficial for most of the common health .problems.
daily use as mentioned in this article is very helpful remedy for gas etc.
Your post is amazing! Content is easily readable I really loved it.
Thanks for the appreciation.
Excellent blog right here! Additionally your site rather a lot up fast!
Thanks for appreciations!
It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info.
I’m glad that you simply shared this useful
info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your wonderful information!
Wow!! Looks so good and informative post. We’ve been through this blog and found really interesting facts on Ajwain and its use and its effects for the body and health.
Thanks a lot for sharing this post.
Good work keeps it up.
All the very best.
Wonderful information I really like it
Very comprehensive knowledge about the Health Benefits of Ajwain . Growing Ajwain I have tried , it is fantastic additin to useful herbs . Not many are aware of this benefit .Add it to your Herb Garden .
Wonderful service .
Ajaib Kaur .