What is pineapple juice?
Very few people know that pineapple is the second most favorite tropical fruit in the world. Fresh pineapple juice has an adequate quantity of vitamins, enzymes, and minerals which are good for the overall development of health. It has many health benefits and can fight against stomach infections, constipation, indigestion, arthritis, and sinusitis. As far as its benefits are concerned, the fully ripened fruit is the most beneficial one.
Pineapple Juice Improves Digestion
The enzyme bromelain present in Pineapple is useful in digestion and ensures the neutralization of acids. Bromelain breaks down protein into simpler forms and promotes digestion. It regulates pancreas secretion to aid in the digestion process. Besides natural digestion aids, bromelain encourages healing of wounds, reduce pain in arthritis. Bromelain also helps in the treatment of indigestion and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Also Read: Pineapple Juice for Glowing Skin
Pineapple juice contains bromelain enzyme which is beneficial in preventing cough and colds as well as has other therapeutic values. Fibrin which is known as clotting of blood gets broken down into simpler form by bromelain. Bromelain helps in the improvement of breathing by thinning mucous in the respiratory region. [smartads]Taking bromelain properly helps to lessen pain in arthritis. It is also beneficial in inflammatory conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and rosacea. It is also used as an immunity booster. Bromelain enzyme has anti-inflammatory, anti-clotting, and anti-cancerous substance.
Pineapple Strengthens Bones
Pineapple is good in maintaining strong and healthy bones due to the presence of manganese. A cup of pineapple juice contains about 73 percent of manganese for the daily requirement of the body. Pineapple helps to grow bones at the younger stage while strengthening at the older stage. The juice contains vitamin C and solves the problems related to gums. Instead of strengthening bones, manganese is also useful in healing wounds, blood sugar regulation increases immunity, and keeps the skin healthy.
Pineapple Good for Eyesight
Pineapple contains beta-carotene and vitamin A that good for eyesight. Drinking pineapple juice prevents macular degeneration and reduces the risk of vision loss at old age, as suggested by many studies. The presence of anti-oxidants helps to solve eye-related problems and maintains good eye health.
Pineapple Combats Arthritis and Joint Pain
Drinking a glass of pineapple juice can greatly help to alleviate the signs and symptoms of arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory nature. Pineapple juice reduces pain to old age people who are initially suffering from arthritis. Juice of pineapple also gives relief from muscle pain. Eating this fruit strengthens bones. The presence of bromelain enzyme is considered to reduce inflammation and swelling.
Nutritional Value of Pineapple Juice
Pineapple juice is packed with vitamins and minerals. Pineapple contains vitamin C, B-Complex (folate, thiamine, pyridoxine, riboflavin). On the minerals front, it is having potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and Manganese. It is also rich in natural soluble and insoluble fiber and low in calories. Fresh pineapple juice is having 75 percent of vitamin C of daily requirements. Vitamin C is good for a healthy immune system, effective in cold and cell growth. Vitamin B boosts the metabolic activities of the body. B6 regulates blood sugar. Vitamin A maintains healthy mucus membranes, eyesight, and skin. Potassium prevents muscle cramps and soreness.
Pineapple Reduces the Risk of Hypertension
Pineapple juice reduces hypertension due to the adequate presence of potassium and a lesser amount of sodium. This proportion of potassium and sodium is the best way to combat high blood pressure. A cup of pineapple juice contains about 1 milligram of sodium and 195 milligrams of potassium. So, it is suggested that persons suffering from hypertension may take pineapple juice regularly. Pineapple is considered as the fruit which has among the lowest amount of sodium in fruits.
Pineapple Keeps Teeth and Gum Healthy
Pineapple juice contains a high amount of vitamin C which is beneficial for strong teeth. Eating pineapple strengthens gums thus keep our teeth healthy and strong. It prevents plaque formation by restricting the activities of bacteria, reduces the risk of periodontal diseases and gingivitis.
Pineapple Good for Heart Health
Pineapple juice improves blood circulation, good for heart health, and ensures smooth blood flow in the circulatory system. Pineapple juice also contains bromelain that makes blood thinner which reduces the chances of heart attack, stroke, and other heart diseases. Antioxidants in vitamin C also lower the risks of heart diseases by combating free radicals. Vitamin C also prevents atherosclerosis. It acts as an anti-coagulant.
Benefits of Pineapples
- Drinking pineapple juice in the morning prevents sugar and fat cravings, thus good for obese people to maintain weight or lose weight.
- Pineapple boosts the immune system because of the presence of vitamin C, A, and selenium.
- Fresh pineapple foot masks smooth skin as it contains alpha-hydroxy acid.
- Due to the rich in fiber, it helps to cure constipation and irregular bowel movement.
- Pineapple juice is good for skin and beauty. It helps to improve skin hydration and remove dead cells from the skin.
- Drinking fresh pineapple juice also helps in removing intestinal worms.
- Its juice acts as a natural diuretic and helps to release toxins from the body.
- Pineapples are also beneficial in curing sore throat and bronchitis.
How to make fresh pineapple juice?
- Making pineapple juice is simple and easy.
- Bring a fresh and reddish-green pineapple from the market.
- Wash it properly thereby removes its outer layer.
- One of the most important aspects is that its eyes have to be removed with a sharp knife before putting it into the juicer.
- Use the cut pineapple cube as per your requirement to make juice.
- A pinch of black pepper and black salt may also be added.
Pineapple recipe methods
- Orange pineapple juice: It’s a mix of orange & pineapple juices.
- Pineapple Shake: It’s a combination of pineapple, vanilla ice cream, and banana.
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie: Blende of mango and pineapple. To increase taste, yogurt and honey can also be added.
- Pineapple Chutney: Here, onion seeds, fennel seeds, and mustard seeds, and red chilies are mix with pineapple juice.
What are the benefits of drinking pineapple juice?
- It is anti-cancerous
- It is good for the heart.
- Its use prevents cataracts.
- It helps to boost fertility both in men and women.
- Prevents asthma
- It is for patients with osteoarthritis.
- Prevents aging
- Control constipation