What is pineapple juice?
Very few people know that pineapple is the second most favourite tropical fruit in the world. Fresh pineapple juice has adequate quantity of vitamins, enzymes and minerals which are good for overall development of health. It has many health benefits and can fight against stomach infections,constipation, indigestion, arthritis and sinusitis. As far as its benefits are concerned, the fully ripened fruit is the most beneficial one.
Image courtesy of Master isolated images at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Pineapple Juice Improves Digestion
The enzyme bromelain present in Pineapple is useful in digestion and ensure neutralization of acids. Bromelain breaks down protein into simpler form and promotes digestion. It regulates pancreas secretion to aid in digestion process. Besides natural digestion aids, bromelain encourages healing of wounds, reduce pain in arthritis. Bromelain also helps in treatment of indigestion and acts as anti-inflammatory agent.
Also Read: Pineapple Juice for Glowing Skin
Pineapple juice contains bromelain enzyme which is beneficial in preventing of cough and colds as well as has other therapeutic values. Fibrin which is known as clotting of blood gets broken down into simpler form by bromelain. Bromelain helps in improvement of breathing by thinning mucous in the respiratory region. [smartads]Taking bromelain properly helps to lessen pain in arthritis. It is also beneficial in inflammatory conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and rosacea. It is also used as immunity booster. Bromelain enzyme has anti-inflammatory, anti-clotting and anti-cancerous substance.
Pineapple Strengthens Bones
Pineapple is good in maintaining strong and healthy bones due to presence of manganese. A cup of pineapple juice contains about 73 percent of manganese for daily requirement of the body. Pineapple helps to grow bones at the younger stage while strengthening at the older stage. The juice contains vitamin C and solves the problems related with gums. Instead of strengthening of bones, manganese is also useful in healing wounds, blood sugar regulation, increases immunity and keeps the skin healthy.
Pineapple Good for Eyesight
Pineapple contains beta-carotene and vitamin A that good for eyesight. Drinking of pineapple juice prevents macular degeneration and reduces the risk of vision loss at the old age, as suggested by many studies. The presence of anti-oxidants helps to solve the eye related problems and maintains good eye health.
Pineapple Combats Arthritis and Joint Pain
Drinking a glass of pineapple juice can greatly help to alleviate the signs and symptoms of arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory in nature. Pineapple juice reduces pain to old age people who are initially suffering from arthritis. Juice of pineapple also gives relief from muscle pain. Eating of this fruit strengthens bones. The presence of bromelain enzyme is considered to reduce inflammation and swelling.
Nutritional Value of Pineapple Juice
Pineapple juice is packed with vitamins and minerals. Pineapple contains vitamin C, B-Complex (folate, thiamine, pyridoxine, riboflavin). On minerals front, it is having potassium, calcium, phosphorous and Manganese. It is also rich in natural soluble and insoluble fibre and low in calories. Fresh pineapple juice is having 75 percent of vitamin C of daily requirements. Vitamin C is good for healthy immune system, effective in cold and cell growth. Vitamin B boosts metabolic activities of the body. B6 regulate blood sugar. Vitamin A maintains healthy mucus membrane, eyesight and skin. Potassium prevents muscle cramps and soreness.
Pineapple Reduces the Risk of Hypertension
Pineapple juice reduces hypertension due to adequate presence of potassium and lesser amount of sodium. This proportion of potassium and sodium is the best way to combat high blood pressure. A cup of pineapple juice contains about 1 milligram of sodium and 195 milligram of potassium. So, it is suggested that persons suffering from hypertension may take pineapple juice regularly. Pineapple is considered as the fruit which has among the lowest amount of sodium in fruits.
Pineapple Keeps Teeth and Gum Healthy
Pineapple juice contains high amount of vitamin C which are beneficial for strong teeth. Eating pineapple strengthens gums thus keep our teeth healthy and strong. It prevents plaque formation by restricting the activities of bacteria, reduces the risk of periodontal diseases and gingivitis.
Pineapple Good for Heart Health
Pineapple juice improves blood circulation, good for heart health and ensures smooth blood flow in the circulatory system. Pineapple juice also contains bromelain that makes blood thinner which reduces the chances of heart attack, stroke and other heart diseases. Antioxidants in vitamin C also lower the risks of heart diseases by combating free radicals. Vitamin C also prevents atherosclerosis. It acts like as anti-coagulant.
Benefits of Pineapples
- Drinking pineapple juice in the morning prevents sugar and fat cravings, thus good for obesity people to maintain weight or lose weight.
- Pineapple boosts immune system because of the presence of vitamin C, A, and selenium.
- Fresh pineapple foot mask smooth skin as it contains alpha-hydroxy acid.
- Due to rich in fibre, it helps to cure constipation and irregular bowel movement.
- Pineapple juice is good for skin and beauty. It helps to improve skin hydration and remove dead cells from skin.
- Drinking of fresh pineapple juice also helps in removing of intestinal worms.
- Its juice acts as natural diuretic and helps to release toxins from the body.
- Pineapples are also beneficial in curing of sore throat and bronchitis.
How to make fresh pineapple juice?
- Making pineapple juice is simple and easy.
- Bring a fresh and reddish green pineapple from the market.
- Wash it properly thereby removes its outer layer.
- One of the most important aspects is that its eyes have to be removed with sharp knife before putting it into the juicer.
- Use the cut pineapple cube as per your requirement to make juice.
- A pinch of black pepper and black salt may also be added.
Pineapple recipe methods
- Orange pineapple juice: It’s the mix of orange & pineapple juices.
- Pineapple Shake: It’s the combination of pineapple, vanilla ice cream and banana.
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie: Blende of mango and pineapple. To increase taste, yogurt and honey can also be added.
- Pineapple Chutney: Here, onion seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds and red chilies are mix with pineapple juice.
What are the benefits of drinking pineapple juice?
- It is anti-cancerous
- It is good for heart.
- Its use prevents cataract.
- It helps to boost fertility both in men and women.
- Prevents asthma
- It is for the patients of osteoarthritis.
- Prevents aging
- Control constipation