10 amazing benefits of Pineapple Juice
Few people know that pineapple is the world’s second favourite tropical fruit. Fresh pineapple juice has adequate vitamins, enzymes, and minerals for overall health development. It has many surprising health benefits and can fight against stomach infections, constipation, indigestion, arthritis, sinusitis, and many other ailments. One shouldn’t use more pineapple juice as it may cause weight gain. The best time to drink pineapple juice is just after breakfast. Regularly, one glass of pineapple juice a day is enough to provide the required benefits.
1. Pineapple Juice Improves Digestion
The enzyme bromelain present in Pineapple ensures smooth digestion and also neutralises acids.
Besides natural digestion aids, bromelain encourages the healing of wounds and reduces pain in arthritis.
Bromelain also helps treat indigestion and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Also Read: Pineapple Juice for Glowing Skin
2. Bromelain’s Benefits
Pineapple juice contains bromelain enzyme, which prevents coughs and colds and has other therapeutic values.
Fibrin, known as blood clotting, gets broken down into more straightforward forms by bromelain.
Bromelain helps improve breathing by thinning mucous in the respiratory region.
Taking bromelain properly helps to lessen pain in arthritis.
It is also beneficial in inflammatory conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and rosacea.
It is also used as an immunity booster. Bromelain enzyme is an anti-inflammatory, anti-clotting, and anti-cancerous substance.
3. Pineapple juice strengthens bones
Pineapple contains manganese, which is good for bones.
Drinking a cup of pineapple juice containing about 73 per cent manganese is enough for the body’s daily requirement.
The fruit has some wonder benefits as pineapple ensures the growth of bones at the younger stage; on the other hand, at the older set, it strengthens the bones.
The juice is rich in vitamin C, which gives good health to gums.
Instead of strengthening bones, manganese is also helpful in healing wounds, blood sugar regulation, increasing immunity, and keeping the skin healthy.
4. Pineapple juice is Good for Eyesight
Pineapple contains beta-carotene and vitamin A, which are beneficial for eyesight.
As suggested by many evidence-based studies, pineapple juice reduces the risk of vision loss in the older stage.
The presence of anti-oxidants helps to solve eye-related problems and maintains good eye health.
5. Pineapple Combats Arthritis and Joint Pain
Drinking a glass of pineapple juice can alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.
Pineapple juice reduces pain in older adults who initially suffer from arthritis.
Its juice also gives relief from muscle pain.
Bromelain enzyme helps to reduce inflammation.
6. Nutritional Value of Pineapple Juice
Pineapple juice contains vitamin C and B-Complex (folate, thiamine, pyridoxine, riboflavin).
It has potassium, calcium, phosphorous, and Manganese on the minerals front.
It is rich in soluble and insoluble fibre and low in calories.
Fresh pineapple juice has 75 per cent of vitamin C of daily requirements.
Vitamin C is suitable for a healthy immune system and is effective in cold and cell growth.
Vitamin B boosts the metabolic activities of the body. B6 regulates blood sugar.
Vitamin A maintains healthy mucus membranes, eyesight, and skin.
Potassium prevents muscle cramps and soreness.
7. Pineapple Reduces the Risk of Hypertension
It reduces the risk of hypertension due to the adequate presence of potassium and less sodium.
So, it is suggested that people with hypertension should drink the juice.
8. Pineapple Keeps Teeth and Gum Healthy
It is rich in vitamin C, which is good for the overall health of strong teeth.
Eating pineapple strengthens gums, thus keeping our teeth healthy and strong.
It prevents plaque formation by restricting bacteria’s activities, reducing the risk of gingivitis.
9. Pineapple Good for Heart Health
Pineapple juice improves blood circulation, is suitable for heart health, and ensures smooth circulation in the circulatory system.
Pineapple juice also contains bromelain, which makes blood thinner, reducing the chances of heart attack, stroke, and other heart diseases.
Antioxidants in vitamin C also lower the risks of heart disease by combating free radicals.
Vitamin C also prevents atherosclerosis. It acts as an anticoagulant.
10. Benefits of Pineapples
- Drinking pineapple juice in the morning prevents sugar and fat cravings, thus suitable for obese people to maintain or lose weight.
- Pineapple boosts the immune system because of vitamins C, A, and selenium.
- Fresh pineapple foot masks smooth skin as it contains alpha-hydroxy acid.
- Due to its rich fibre, it helps to cure constipation and irregular bowel movement.
- Pineapple juice is good for skin and beauty. It helps to improve skin hydration and remove dead cells from the skin.
- Drinking fresh pineapple juice also helps in removing intestinal worms.
- Its juice acts as a natural diuretic and helps to release toxins from the body.
- Pineapples are also beneficial in curing sore throat and bronchitis.
How to make fresh pineapple juice?
- Making pineapple juice is simple and easy.
- Bring a fresh and reddish-green pineapple from the market.
- Wash it properly, thereby removing its outer layer.
- One of the most important aspects is that its eyes must be removed with a sharp knife before putting it into the juicer.
- Use the cut pineapple cube as per your requirement to make juice.
- A pinch of black pepper and black salt may also be added.
Pineapple recipe methods
- Orange pineapple juice: It’s a mix of orange & pineapple juices.
- Pineapple Shake combines pineapple, vanilla ice cream, and banana.
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie: Blende of mango and pineapple. To increase taste, yoghurt and honey can also be added.
- Pineapple Chutney: Here, onion seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, and red chillies are mixed with pineapple juice.
What are the unknown benefits of drinking pineapple juice?
- It is anti-cancerous
- It is suitable for the heart.
- Its use prevents cataracts.
- It helps to boost fertility both in men and women.
- Prevents asthma
- It is for patients with osteoarthritis.
- Prevents aging
- Control constipation