Why beetroot juice for health?
Beetroot juice is one of the important natural juices, which are associated with numerous health benefits viz. lowering blood pressure, cardiac health, minimizing the impact of diabetes, enhancing eye vision, etc. Many researches have been conducted wherein it has been shown that drinking of beetroot is good because it is low in fat, low in calories, full of antioxidants, rich in vitamin C, and makes iron absorb in your body. Because of its wonderful benefits, it has been kept in the category of superfood.
Best 10 wonder benefits of beetroot juice
- Lowers blood pressure: It has been confirmed through research that drinking of beetroot juice daily helps to reduce blood pressure. But How? Beetroot juice contains nitrate compounds, which convert into nitric acid in blood, which helps to widen blood vessels.
- Improves cardiac health: It has been confirmed that taking beetroot juice increases the muscle strength of the heart thereby helpful in cardiac health and preventing heart failure.
- Prevents dementia: Beetroot juice helps to increase blood flow to the frontal lobes of the brain because of the presence of nitrate compounds in it. It also delays cognitive degeneration
- Enhances stamina: It has been observed through many researches that taking of beetroot juice on daily basis ensures boost in physical performance.
- Maintains weight: The juice is having low calories and no fat. Drinking it helps to make you fresh and refresh for a longer period of time and also reduces the feeling of appetite.
- Prevents cancer: The juice contains betalaines. It being an antioxidants, has the ability of preventing cancer forming cells. It helps to fight against the free radicals thereby helps to combat unwanted cell division.
- Treats muscle cramps: The juice is rich in potassium, which is good for the health of nerve and muscles. Drinking beetroot juice ensures optimum level of potassium in the body and helps to benefit in case of fatigue amd muscle cramps.
- Liver health: Beetroot contains betaine, a bio-chemical substance that works against liver fats and helps to prevent fatty deposit in it. The juice also helps to flush out toxins from liver because of the presence of methionine and glycine thus gives good health.
- Boost immunity: The juice has adequate amount of vitamin C, which helps to boost the immunity and protect the body cells from free radicals, thus save you from many diseases.
- Keeps skin glowing: It acts as a great blood purifier and toxins remover, thus makes your skin glowing. It is also loaded with vitamin C, which helps to clear blemishes.
Nutritional facts of beetroot juice
100 grams of beetroot has about 43 calories, 0.2 grams of fat, 325 grams of potassium, 78 grams of sodium, 1.6 grams of protein and about 10 grams of carbohydrate. It is loaded with many vital nutrients, which is good for the proper functioning of the body. Some of the important minerals are calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, sodium, zinc, copper, selenium,
Beetroot juice precautions
- Beetroot juice lowers blood pressure. However, it should be monitored on regular basis before it down to danger level.
- People who are having kidney stone, should skip because the presence of oxalate in it, which exaggerate the condition of it.
Top 10 facts of beetroot juice
- It is rich in calcium, iron and vitamin.
- Beetroots are one of the healthiest vegetables to protect you from many conditions.
- One glass of beetroot juice is full of all vitamins and minerals.
- Exclusive beetroot juice contains oxalic acid, therefore, it is recommended to use other vegetable while making its juice.
- The mix of beetroot juice and amla is very good for anemic patients.
- Its a natural detoxifier.
- It is good for athletes as it increases the flow of oxygen to the muscles and gives more stamina and strength to the sportsperson.
- Drinking of beetroot juice helps to treat upset stomach.
- It contains unique bio-active compounds called betalains, which is quite essential for body health.
- Beetroot juice contains anti-inflammatory compounds viz. phenethylamine-betaxanthin that reduces inflammation to greater extent.
How to drink beetroot juice?
It is better to take beetroot juice one hour before breakfast. Generally, it is advisable to take about 200 ml of it. It is also recommended that the juice should be taken fresh to reap its maximum benefits.
Beetroot juice recipe step by step
It is for 2 servings.
1. Take half kilo of beetroot, ¼ kilo of carrot and few leaves of green coriander.
2. Wash it properly and cut into small pieces.
3. Now, put it into the juicer and prepare the juice.
4. Strain it and mix a pinch of black salt.
5. It is ready to drink.