Carrot full of nutrition
Carrot is enriched with vitamin A and full of health benefits. Eating carrots are beneficial for eye vision, skin glowing, hair health, anti-aging, cancer prevention, heart, teeth, gums, stroke, etc. Besides these, it is also used for many culinary purposes.
10 best benefits of carrot
- Eyes: Carrots contain beta-carotene, which is an integral biochemical substance to improve eyesight. Not only this, but bête-carotene also prevents macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Skin health: Since carrot has an adequate amount of vitamin A and anti-oxidants, eating it helps to minimize the impact of wrinkles, acne, dry skin, and the problems of skin toning.
- Hair problems: The presence of vitamin A is extremely beneficial for many hair related problems like hair fall, greying of hair, etc.
- Cancer prevention: As per studies conducted where it has been shown that eating carrots reduces the risk of cancer like breast, lung, and colon.
- Anti-aging: A large scale of metabolism work is going on in the body, which sometimes is also unnecessarily breakdown, the cells, and becomes the reason for early aging. The presence of vitamin A in carrots acts as antioxidants, which help to reduce the impact of free radicals thus good for healthy aging.
- Facial Massage: The application of the carrot is good for the face. The mix of gyrated carrot and honey when applied over the face is effective for facial shining.
- Heart health: It has an adequate amount of soluble fiber, which plays an important role in reducing the level of cholesterol. It has also carotenoids, beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, and lutein, all of which are beneficial for heart health.
- Liver health: Carrots helps to flush out harmful substances and toxins from the liver. It also ensures lesser production of bile and prevents fat accumulation. Carrots are also good to clean the colon
- Teeth and gums: It is good for gums. The eating of carrot triggers more saliva formation, which helps to neutralize acid-forming bacteria. It is also good for teeth health because of the presence of some minerals.
- Stroke prevention: In a recent study, it has been found that regular eating of carrot minimizes the impact of stroke.
Important facts about carrot
- Carrot is the most popular vegetable after potato in the world.
- There are about 100 species of carrots.
- The word carrot has been derived from karoton.
- The average American eats about 12 pounds of carrot a year. It’s a good sign for diseases free health. Other nationalities should follow it.
Carrot salads are quite appetizing. It is full of nutrients. The making of carrot salad is quite easy. Take two properly washed carrots. Cut it into small rounded pieces. One may also use onion and radish with it. Now sprinkle black salt and lemon over it and mix all the ingredients properly. The salad is ready for eating.
Carrot nutritional facts
The raw carrot is full of nutrients. It contains water (88%), Carbohydrate (9%), Protein (0.8%), fiber (2.8%), ash (1%), fat (0.2%). Its fiber includes cellulose, hemicellulose, lignin, starch, sucrose, glucose, and fructose. It also contains beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, gamma carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin. A minor amount of vitamin K and vitamin B6 also present in it.
Wonder benefits of carrot juice
- It is full of vitamin A.
- Drinking the juice is helpful against the combating of cancer.
- It is full of antioxidants and helpful in combating free radicals.
- It helps in the glowing of skin.
- It helps to boost the immunity of the body.
- It is also good to manage the sugar levels in the body.
- It is good healing of wounds.
- It cleanses the liver by removing toxins and harmful substances.
- It helps in the treatment of macular degeneration.
- It aids muscle growth and enhances metabolism.
- It is good to provide instant energy.
- It reduces the dryness of the face.
- It helps to control sun damage.
- It is helpful in the growth of hair.
- Carrot juice is also good for skin whitening.
Carrot side effects
- Diabetes patients shouldn’t eat more carrot and carrot juice.
- Allergies patients should avoid using it.
- Breastfeeding mothers should avoid it.
- Kids should eat in small quantities.
- Large consumption of carrot may lead to discoloration of the skin.