What is wheatgrass?
Because of its packed nutrients reservoir, it is known as the best natural juice if taken fresh. It is also known as the king of all juices. It is good for the heart, lungs, kidney, and brain. It improves sexual stamina and treats many gynecological disorders. It is effective in the case of skincare, haircare, and dental care. It is helpful in weight loss, constipation, and arthritis. It enhances the beauty of your face. It is good for stress and depression patients.
Nutrition values of wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass juice is full of nutrients and minerals as it has 92 out of 115 Earth minerals and can be medicinally used more or less for all the diseases known to human beings. This is the miracle food by nature to human beings. It is having more or less all the minerals. One ounce (about 28.35gram) of wheatgrass has the following nutritional values.
- It contains 92 of the 115 elements present on the Earth
- Energy: 120 calories
- Dietary fiber: 8 grams
- Chlorophyll: 70%, the biggest source of the sun’s life force energy
- Vitamin A: 240% of the RDA
- Vitamin C: 93% of the RDA
- Iron: 356% of the RDA
- Calcium: 12% of the RDA
- Protein: 8 grams
- Amino acid: a total of 19
- It is also rich in vitamins E, K, and B.
- Wheatgrass juice has twice the amount of vitamin A as carrot and twice the amount of vitamin C as an orange.
- It has enough amounts of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, and phytonutrients.
17 medicinal uses of wheatgrass juice
Wheatgrass juice is the finest medicine available on earth. It is packed with plenty of phytonutrients and antioxidants. Some of the best medicinal uses of wheatgrass are given below.
- The drinking of its juice is used in detoxifying the liver.
- It helps to cleanse the pollutants from the body.
- It helps in making red blood corpuscles (RBCs) as it constitutes 70% of chlorophyll.
- It helps to prevent the growth of bacteria both inside and outside the body.
- It fresh, refreshes, and refined the body tissues and cells as chlorophyll penetrates into the tissues and helps to stimulate their works.
- Chlorophyll ointments are very useful in treating itching, burning, eczema, etc., thus may be used for skin care purposes.
- It helps to treat sinus congestion when chlorophyll packs are inserted into nostrils.
- It is used as an antiseptic.
- The wheat berry starch is used as instant energy for athletes.
- It can be used to remove scars from the face if taken regular basis.
- It acts as detergent thus may be used as a deodorant.
- It is good for hair and prevents hair fall and hair loss.
- The soaked cotton wheatgrass juice is used to ease arthritis when applied to the affected area.
- It eases eye irritation when applied; Leave it for 15-20 seconds followed by washing the same.
- Its massage over the scalp is helpful in overcoming dandruff.
- Drinking this juice is beneficial to cure many gynecological problems.
- Its juice is used in treating and managing diabetes.
Side effects of wheatgrass juice
Generally, the use of wheatgrass is safe, but in some cases, it may cause discomfort. Some of the side effects that it may cause:
- Nausea if taken in excess amount
- Throat swelling
- A pregnant mother should avoid drinking wheatgrass juice.
- Breastfeeding mothers should also skip wheatgrass juice.
- It should also be avoided by those who are having wheatgrass allergy, gluten intolerance, and celiac disease.
- One may fall sick if taken an excess of it.
- It shouldn’t drink after a meal as you may feel nauseated.
- Young children should avoid taking it.
- Elderly people should also skip it.