Ayurvedic herbs cleanse the teeth, ease dental pains, strengthen the gums, and are extremely useful for the eyes and nose. These medicines and ayurvedic formulations have been used for a long time without any side effects.
Best 20 Ayurveda medicines for dental care
- Walnut: powdered fruit skin cleans the teeth, strengthens the gums, and checks bleeding.
- Rough Chaff: its root powder is beneficial for teeth cleansing. Its juice eases dental pains. Also suitable for cataracts.
- Indian Gum Arabic Tree: Bark gargle is beneficial in stomatitis and throat inflammations. Its leaf juice is used in conjunctivitis. Chewing of bark strengthens loose teeth and arrests bleeding from gums. It cleans dirty teeth too.
- Bakula: Ripen fruit is used to clean the teeth. I was brushing with stems clean my teeth. Gargling with the mix of Acacia eases swelling and bleeding of gums. It helps to fix the loose tooth.
- Indian Nightshade: Its gargle alleviates the foul odour of the mouth.
- Cardamom: The smell of the Oral cavity and teeth disappear after gargling. Seeds act as mouth fresheners. Its oil is used for toothache.
- Cassia Flower: Good for dental diseases. Gum’s oil massage helps to stop bleeding and strengthens the gums. It acts like a deodorant. Its gargling is essential for dental afflictions.
- Variegated Bauhinia: Decoction of bark skin heals wounds. Skin paste reduces swelling.
- Tailpepper: It is a good mouth deodorant. Its powder is highly beneficial for teeth cleansing. They are used in tooth powders.
- Indian Beech: Root powder is good for teeth and gums. Seed oil is antiseptic, analgesic, and antipruritic. Leaves paste is beneficial for wounds and swellings. It also relieves phlegm.
- Nut Gall: Its gargle is effective for gum problems. Useful for mouth odorant.
- Camphor: Place a swab dipped in camphor oil to relieve the dental pain. Use to make tooth powders. Camphor + Neem juices prevent the falling of eyelashes.
- Cutch Tree: It’s powder to stop gums bleeding. Highly useful for skin affliction. Also good for dental caries and cavities.
- Musk-mallow: Its seed powder is used as mouth deodorant. good for mouth and sore throat problems.
- Clove: Place a swab soaked in clove oil locally to relieve the toothache and use as a mouth odorant.
- Red Wood tree: Gargle is good for stomatitis and sore throat. Its fruit is helpful for the fair complexion of the skin.
- Oak Galls: A mix of Oak, alum, and catechu cleanses the teeth. It fixes loose teeth. Its gargle is good for the tonsils. Use in hair dye preparation.
- Long Zedoary: Rhizome powder is used for cleansing teeth. They are used as deodorants and also given for hiccups.
- Toothache tree: Chewed fruit reduces dental pains and refreshes the mouth. She is also known for sore throat, toothache, and stomatitis.
- Cinnamon: Soak the cotton swab in cinnamon oil and place it in dental cavities. It reduces pain. Eases depigmentation. They are used as mouth fresheners and mouth odorants.
5 Effective home remedies for toothache
- Saltwater rinse: Its excellent disinfectant helps remove the food particles stuck in the teeth, easing pain and inflammation. How to use: Wash the mouth with one teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Rinse with hydrogen peroxide eases pain, inflammation and kills bacteria. How to use: Do mouthwash with 3 % hydrogen peroxide and the same quantity of water.
- Cold compress: Cold compress relieves pain, swelling and inflammation. How to use: Use the bag of ice wrapped with a cloth in the affected area for 10 minutes. It can be done repeatedly after every 2-3 hours.
- Garlic: Garlic is antibacterial due to its medicinal properties. It helps to kill harmful bacteria that cause dental plaque. How to use: The garlic paste can be used in the affected area.
- Clove contains antiseptic eugenol, which relieves pain and inflammation.
Causes of toothache
- Dental decay
- Periodontal disease
- Teeth grinding