What is wheatgrass?
What’s the use of wandering here and there for your ailments? There is a unique juice in nature’s lap, known as the destroyer of diseases. It is none other than wheatgrass juice. Very few people know about the relevance and significance of this juice. It has the power to cure and treat more or less all diseases and disorders directly or indirectly. Wheatgrass juice is considered the wonder medicine of nature and a beautiful gift to humanity. It increases your strength, vigour, and health and promotes overall well-being.
Nutritional facts of wheatgrass juice
It has plenty of nutrients. Surprisingly, the juice contains 98 of 102 earth elements found in soil. It has all the minerals which are known to us. It has double vitamin A as a carrot and double vitamin C as an orange. The juice has adequate amount of vitamin B complex along with great source of protein, including 17 amino acids, calcium, iron, phosphorous, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and 70% chlorophyll. Due to the presence of chlorophyll, its medicinal benefits reached the zenith. It is a 100% Natural Food Supplement and reservoir of nutrients. That’s why it is known as a superfood or miracle food. It has enough amounts of antioxidants, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
How to use wheatgrass?
Both wheatgrass and its juice should be consumed immediately, i.e. within 10 to 15 minutes. Its juice shouldn’t contain the ingredients of other matters. Using an empty stomach in the morning is recommended to absorb the maximum nutrients in the bloodstream to extract its benefits. One shouldn’t use the powdered or the refrigerated form of it.
Wonder Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
- Boosts liver health: It acts like a panacea for the overall health of the liver and is a great detoxifier.
- Cleanses the body from pollutants: Wheatgrass contains powerful enzymes and bio-chemical substances that help to neutralise pollutants, toxins, heavy metals, radiation, and substances causing cancer. It also purifies and cleanses your blood due to excess amounts of chlorophyll.
- Best source of chlorophyll: The grass is the best source of chlorophyll in nature. Chlorophyll is the lifeline for the plant kingdom. Chlorophyll plays a vital role in the overall smooth functioning of blood, the cardiovascular system, and other organs.
- Helps slow the ageing process: The juice contains enzymes that break down super-oxide dismutase into simpler compounds, thus helping slow the ageing process.
- Antibacterial: The juice is antibacterial and prevents the growth of unfriendly bacteria in the body.
- Skincare: It is suitable for skin health as it discourages itching, burning, and eczema when using wheatgrass as ointments. It reduces the probability of acne, pimples, and wrinkles.
- Toxin neutraliser: It is one of the best means to neutralise toxins in the body due to the presence of chlorophyll.
- Manages diabetes: Chlorophyll helps to improve the problems of sugar in the blood, thus suitable for diabetic patients.
- Healthy heart: The juice smooths the heart’s function due to chlorophyll, thus ensuring a better cardiovascular mechanism.
- Good for the lungs: It minimises the negative impacts caused by acidic gases in the lungs, as chlorophyll facilitates haemoglobin production.
- Brain health: The juice benefits the brain by releasing more oxygen to the head region due to chlorophyll.
- Improves sex power: An adequate amount of magnesium in chlorophyll ensures the proper functioning of certain enzymes, thus restoring sex hormones in the body. It increases your libido and sexual power. Regular intake of it gives you more confidence and stamina.
- Dental care: Wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay and may do away with a toothache. It is also helpful to release toxins from gums.
- Haircare: It prevents greying of hair due to the presence of abundant minerals.
- Weight Loss: It reduces appetite and longing for foods, thus helpful in the management of obesity and fat burning.
- Control dandruff: Massage the juice over your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes, then wash it with fresh water.
- Cures constipation: It regulates the functioning of bowels; on the other hand, magnesium keeps the bowel smooth. All these help better digestion and absorption, ultimately easing constipation.
- Treats joint pains: Chlorophyll fights inflammation and helps treat arthritis.
- Enhances the beauty of your nails: The adequate amount of iron in wheatgrass helps in better circulation of oxygen and gives a new life to your nails.
- Prevents body odour: It washes out toxins and waste products from the mouth, skin, and the entire body. It acts as a natural deodoriser.
- Stabilizes lipid levels: It helps to manage cholesterol by stabilising lipid percentage in the body.
- Reduces fatigue symptoms: It supplies an adequate amount of oxygen into the body and helps in the proper functioning of cells, tissues, organs, and organ systems. It fresh and refreshes the body mechanism and reduces the intensity of fatigue.
- Body de-stress: It manages your stress to a certain extent due to vitamin B, which helps overcome anxiety. Iron presence helps to combat depression, especially in women.
- Prevents painful menstrual cycles: It is the reservoir of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, which gives you an added advantage during the MC period when the body seems to be exhausted from nutrition.
- Get rid of bad breath: It is beneficial to prevent bad breaths.