Why carrot juice for health
Carrot juice is full of vital macro & micronutrients, which places it in a superb category of juices. Its juice is packed with vitamins, minerals, fibre, and other important nutrients. It is known for many health benefits like skin care, hair health, weight loss, improving vision, preventing cancer, including breast cancer, strengthening the immune system, etc.
10 amazing benefits of carrot juice
- Good for glowing skin: The presence of beta-carotene and other antioxidants including potassium helps to prevent skin cells from dying and decaying. It rejuvenates the cells by removing scars and rashes, and reducing inflammation, thus making the skin healthy and young.
- Weight Loss: Carrot juice contains nutrients, including fibre. The drinking of the liquid gives the feeling of stomach fullness thereby less desire to eat. It is low in energy. Carrot juice increases bile production, which helps in the burning and breaking of fat.
- Stronger vision: Carrot juice contains an adequate amount of beta-carotene pigment, which is converted into vitamin A when consumed in the body. This pigment is highly beneficial for eyes, vision and health. This powerful antioxidant prevents eyes from cataracts, macular degeneration, and blindness. In recent research, it has been found that the juice contains a biochemical substance called Lutein, which prevents macular degeneration and loss of vision.
- Strengthens the immune system: Drinking carrot juice fights off germs, infections, and free radicals because of the presence of antioxidants, thereby preventing fever, cold, etc., by strengthening immunity.
- Preventing stomach cancer: In a research study, it has been shown that drinking carrot juice reduces stomach cancer by 26% as the juice is full of antioxidants.
- Breast cancer: Oxidative stress results from the dominance of free radicals upon the antioxidants. In a research study, it has been confirmed that carotenoids in carrots reduce the risk of oxidative stress and, thus, breast cancer.
- Controls cholesterol: Due to its potassium content, it plays a vital role in maintaining cholesterol levels in the body.
- Heart Health: Carrots along with physical activity help to make the heart stronger. Carrot juice is loaded with antioxidants, which suppress the oxidative degradation of lipids, thus preventing heart attack. It also helps in removing plaque formation from the arteries thereby maintaining smooth blood circulation.
- Brain health: The presence of beta-carotene in carrots helps to boost cognition, thereby good for memory. In a study, it has also been found that the juice reduces the impact of oxidative stress.
- Good for digestion: Its juice is loaded with fibre, which is good for digestion and helps to remove constipation.
Nutritional facts of carrot juice
As per the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food Data Central, one cup of carrot juice contains the following nutrients.
- Energy: 94 Kilocalorie
- Protein: 2.24 gm
- Fat: 0.35 gm
- Carbohydrate: 21.9gm
- Fiber: 1.89gm
- Potassium: 689 mg
- Vitamin C 20.1mg
- Vitamin B-1: 0.217mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.512mg
- Vitamin A: 2.256 micrograms
- Vitamin K: 36.6 micrograms
Risks of carrot juice
Carrot juice shouldn’t be taken in case of the following conditions:
- Young children
- Aged people
- When cancer treatment is going on
- Since fresh juice is not pasteurized, there is a possibility of germs in it. Therefore, it shouldn’t be taken for those who have weak immunity.
How do you think you could prepare carrot juice?
Preparing fresh carrot juice at home is relatively easy. First of all, take a half-kilogram carrot. Could you wash it properly? Now, could you cut these into small pieces? One can also add pudina to it. Put all these ingredients into the juicer and get the juice from it. Strain it, mix black salt, and it is ready for use. If the number of people is more, accordingly, its quantity can be increased.
Carrot juice recipes
Carrot carrots can be used in the making of various delicious recipes.
- Carrot juice: This is the most commonly used carrot recipe across the world.
- Gajar ka halwa