Why carrot juice for health
Carrot juice is full of vital macro & micro nutrients, which placed it in a superb category of juices. Its juice is packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber and other important nutrients. It is known for many health benefits like skin care, hair health, weight loss, improving vision, preventing cancer including breast cancer, strengthening immune system, etc.
10 amazing benefits of carrot juice
- Good for glowing skin: The presence of beta-carotene and other antioxidants including potassium helps to prevent skin cells of drying and decaying. It rejuvenates the cells by removing scars and rashes, and reducing inflammation, thus makes the skin healthy and young.
- Weight Loss: Carrot juice is full of nutrients including fiber. The drinking of the juice gives the feeling of stomach fullness thereby less desire of eating. It is low in energy. Carrot juice increases bile production, which helps in burning and breaking of fat.
- Stronger vision: Carrot juice contains adequate amount beta-carotene pigment, which converted into vitamin A when consumed in the body. This pigment is extremely beneficial for eyes vision and health. This powerful antioxidant prevents eyes from cataract, macular degeneration and blindness. In a recent research, it has been found that the juice contain a bio-chemical substance called Lutein, which prevent macular degeneration and loss of vision.
- Strengthens the immune system: Drinking of carrot juice fights off germs, infections and free radicals because of the presence of antioxidants thereby prevents from fever, cold, etc., by strengthening the immunity.
- Preventing stomach cancer: In a research study, it has been shown that drinking of carrot juice reduces stomach cancer by 26% as the juice is full of antioxidants.
- Breast cancer: Oxidative stress is the result of dominant of free radicals upon the antioxidants. In a research study, it has been confirmed that carotenoids in carrots reduce the risk of oxidative stress thus breast cancer.
- Controls cholesterol: Due to its potassium content, it plays an important role in maintaining cholesterol level in the body.
- Heart Health: Carrots along with physical activity helps to make the heart stronger. Carrot juice is loaded with antioxidants, which suppresses oxidative degradation of lipids, thus prevents heart attack. It also helps in removing of plaque formation from the arteries thereby maintaining smooth blood circulation.
- Brain health: The presence of beta-carotene in carrot helps to boost cognition thereby good for memory. In a study, it has also been found that the juice reduces the impact of oxidative stress.
- Good for digestion: Its juice is loaded with fiber, which is good for digestion and helps to remove constipation.
Nutritional facts of carrot juice
As per United States Department of Agriculture’s Food Data Central, one cup of carrot juice contains the following nutrients.
- Energy: 94 Kilocalorie
- Protein: 2.24 gm
- Fat: 0.35 gm
- Carbohydrate: 21.9gm
- Fiber: 1.89gm
- Potassium: 689 mg
- Vitamin C 20.1mg
- Vitamin B-1: 0.217mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.512mg
- Vitamin A: 2.256 micrograms
- Vitamin K: 36.6 micrograms
Risks of carrot juice
Carrot juice shouldn’t be taken in case of the following conditions:
- Young children
- Aged people
- When cancer treatment is going on
- Since fresh juice is not pasteurized, so there is a possibility of germs in it. Therefore, it shouldn’t be taken who has weak immunity.
How to prepare carrot juice?
Preparing fresh carrot juice at home is quite easy. First of all, take half kilogram carrot. Wash it properly. Now cut these into small pieces. One can also add pudina into it. Put all these ingredients into the juicer and get the juice from it. Strain it, mix black salt and now ready for use. If the number of person is more, accordingly, its quantity can be increased.
Carrot juice recipes
Carrot can be used in making of various delicious recipes.
- Carrot juice: This is the most commonly used carrot recipe across the world.
- Gajar ka halwa