What is Rooh Afza?
In the sweltering sunlight of summer, if anybody visiting one’s friend’s house, especially in the Indian sub-continent, there is a greater possibility of getting served the refreshing drink i.e. Rooh Afza. Roof Afza is a natural concentrated squash cum refreshing syrup famous worldwide for its flavor sherbet, cold deserts, lemonade, milk recipes, etc. Due to its herbal and aromatic flavor, it can be used with milkshakes, lassi, falooda, kulfi, phirni, pudding, and kheer. It is widely used in the holy month of Ramadan. Generally, known as the ‘summer drink of the east’ has long-lasting cooling effects, provides freshness and energy in the scorching summer. The drink has made its solid platform because of its unique taste, excellent formula, fragrance, and unraveled qualities. Though the chilling syrup is generally not promoted by any celebrities yet it has a solid base in the market and gives tough competition to other syrups. Rooh Afza consists of two words: Rooh means soul and afza means nourishes the soul. A brief review of the exhilarating drink is being mentioned below.
Roof Afza History
The soothing cooling agent Rooh Afza was the discovery of Hakim Abdul Majeed, a renowned Unani physician of herbal medicine. The great visionary started this chilling drink from Old Delhi in 1906. Now, it is being prepared from three Hamdard (Waqf) laboratories-India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. From a simple establishment Lal Kuan, Old Delhi; Rooh Afza has successfully made a niche as one of the leading refreshing syrups in the world.
Roof Afza Syrup Ingredients
Hamdard Rooh Afza, the chilling agent, is a combination of fruits, herbs, vegetables, flowers, and roots. The unique components of this cooling drink are:
Fruits: Many fruits are used as components for the drink. The different fruits are pineapple, apple, berries, orange, watermelon, citron, strawberry, raspberry, loganberry, cherry, concord grapes, and blackcurrant.
Herbs: The herbs group ingredients contain European white lily (Nymphaea alba), Blue star water lily ( Nymphaea nouchali), lotus (Nelumbo), purslane/tukhm-e-khurfa (Portulaca oleracea seeds), coriander, chicory (Vitis vinifera), and borage
Vegetables: The important vegetables, which are part of this herbal syrup, are carrot, spinach, mint, and Luffa aegyptiaca
Flowers: Flowers are also an integral part of this delicious drink. It covers rose, lemon, orange, and (keora) Pandanus fascicularis
Roots: Only one root, which is being used in it is vetiver.
Roohafza Health & Medicinal Benefits
- Cardiovascular health: It shows positive impacts on cardiovascular functions. It enhances cardiac efficiency, smooth cardiac blood supply, and also controls the heartbeat.
- Dehydration: It is good in the management and controlling of water balance in the body because of the presence of some important minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and sulfur thus helpful against dehydration, heat exhaustion, and excessive sweating.
- Weight gain: It increases weight by promoting nitrogen balance in the body.
- Anemia: It shows positive results in the improvement of hemoglobin content in the blood.
- Indigestion: It is also preferred in case of giddiness, indigestion, stomach ache, kidney, and numbness.
- Fever: It is used in the treatment of fever due to heat exposure thus helpful in reducing body heat.
- Vomiting: It is effective in case of vomiting and diarrhea.
- Enhances vigor: It enhances vigor, vitality, activeness, and makes the energy level high.
1. Rooh Afza & Sabja Seeds
It’s a chilling drink used widely in the summer season.
How to prepare
• Take chilled water (4 cups)
• ½ tbsp sabja seeds
• Rooh Afza and sugar as required
• Initially soaked the sabja seeds in a cup of water for half an hour
• Now, add it to the rest of the water
• Add rooh afza to the mixture
• One can also add sugar and ice cube, but these are optional
• The recipe is ready to drink
2. Rooh Afza Lemon Sharbat
• Take chilled water (4 cups)
• 5 tbsp sabja seeds
• 3 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp sugar
• Ice cube
• Now mix all these things suitably
2 thoughts on “Rooh Afza Syrup Benefits”
How can we make out of originality of
rooh afza sharbat
One quick question: Rooh Afza is full of sugars. Does it impact the health ?