What are Sabja Seeds?
Sabja Seeds health benefits, medicinal uses, nutritional values, and its potential importance are not hidden to anybody as far as weight loss, skin beauty and hair loss are concerned. It is also full of nutritional values and medicinal uses. The multifarious uses of sabja seeds are lesser known to many people, especially in metros and cities. However, it is quite common in rural areas and gradually, its recipes are taking seriously in urban areas too. Making of sabja seeds recipes are easy and can be prepared in a short time. It is handy for everyone. The mix of its seeds, lemon, chilled outer and sugar is used in the preparation of its most searched drinks. There are many people who like to prepare it at their own place.
10 surprising health benefits of sabja seeds
Sabja seeds are known for many potential and wonder health benefits. Basil seeds are used for many delicious recipes such as falooda, milkshakes, and other wonderful nutritious health drinks. Its recipes are not restricted to one part of the world, in fact, worldwide famous as a healthy recipe.
- Basil seeds for weight loss: The most important benefits of sabja seeds is weight loss, in fact, healthy weight loss. These seeds are abundant in fiber that ensure full stomach and one feels lesser hunger. The seeds have unique property of expansion as these expand about 40 times its original sides thereby reduces the feeling of hungriness.
- Sabja seeds for hair: The seeds are full of numerous nutrients such as vitamin K, iron and protein. These nutrients are beneficial for hair health and enhance its shining and beauty. Therefore, even it is recommended by Ayurveda physician to include it in your daily food habit so that hair loss and baldness can be prevented.
- Basil seeds for skin complexion: The application of basil seeds and coconut oil is extremely beneficial to overcome many skin diseases such as spots, scars, wrinkles, etc. How to use: Do heat the mix of coconut oil (100 ml) and crushed basil seeds (1tsp) for few minutes, strain it and apply over your skin after it become cool down. It is useful to treat skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema.
- Basil seeds for acidity: Acidity problems are faced by all age groups as we are moving away from the nature cure. The diet plans we have today are very root cause of many illness. Sabja seeds because of its chilling and refreshing effects play important roles for the overall health of the stomach as well as the entire digestive system. How to use? If you want to get relief from the burning sensation of the stomach, it is advisable to take the mix of milk (1 cup) and basil seeds (1tsp) every morning empty stomach.
- Sabja seeds for diabetes mellitus: In a recent research, it has been found that the seeds are helpful in treating of diabetes type 2 as it works for the health of the pancreas thereby lowering sugar in blood. How to use? Take soaked basil seeds (1tsp) and milk (1 glass). One can use vanilla for flavor.
- Constipation treatment: The soaked Sabja seeds act like as cleanser for the entire alimentary canal because of abundance in fiber. Not only this, it also helps out toxins from the stomach. Some naturopathy experts also suggested that it should be taken before going to bed to cure constipation.
- Acts as coolant: These seeds are in great demand during summer because of its hydrant and coolant nature. Due to this property, it helps one to calm down even in the scorching of sunlight. Basil seeds are also play an important role in making of numerous cool drinks such as Aam Panna, falooda, sugarcane juice, rooh afza, barley water, lemon water and Indian sherbet.
- Nutritional values of basil seeds: The seeds is having phyto-chemical compounds such as Orientin and vicenin. The leaves are associated with adequate amount of essential oils like citronellol, limonene, and terpineol. It also rich in beta carotene, zeaxanthin, vitamin A and vitamin K along with some important minerals like potassium, calcium, folates, and magnesium.
- Sabja Seeds recipes: Aam Panna, falooda, sugarcane juice, rooh afza, barley water, lemon water and Indian sherbet, milkshake, paan gulkand, strawberry falooda, rose milk recipe, shikanji, nannari sharbat and bel sharbat.
- Medicinal values: As far as medicinal aspect is concerned, it is used to treat many problems and conditions such as digestion, constipation, skin infection, respiratory disorder and sore throats.
Common names of sabja seed
- Ocimum basilicum
- Arabic falooda seeds
- Sabja ginjalu
- Thai holy basil
- Selashi Tukmaria
- Sabja Vethai
- Tuk malanga
- Basilic cultivate
- Basilien Kraut &
- Sweet basil seeds
- It shouldn’t be taken by children and elderly people as these seeds may choke the digestive system because of its huge expansion features.
- The pregnant mother should strictly avoid these as it lowers down the estrogen level.
30 thoughts on “10 Surprising Health Benefits and Uses of Sabja Seeds (Basil Seeds) for Hair, Skin and Weight Loss”
where to get basil seeds?
Any indian store buy Tukmaria
It is available in departmental stores and supermarkets.
ask for “Sabjaa” in Kirana Stores
you can purchase basil seeds in any provisional stores, i think they are not available in super markets
Any grocery store
Every day sabzah seeds drinking before sleeping time its good for health or any side effects ?
I eat sabja seeds two tb spoons soaked in warm water in the evening almost everyday. Very effective for constipation
subja seeds are control the loose motions
I was wondering why they are used so extensively in health drinks. Thank you so much for this article!such miraculous ingredients should be made famous
can a 16 year old girl can consume sabja seeds
Sabja ( basil seeds ) are good for any age,over 5 years.Aailable all over spices stores,seed stores,herbs stores in pakistan, and India, widly.
It is something we dont care about here in Mauritius. Maybe people dont know its Benefits.
These are regular basil seeds? Can I take them from my basil plants?
Seeds are smooth and tiny. Is there a need to chew to crush the seed or just swallow? Which way is effective?
the most effective is to soak the Basil seeds at least 3 hours before intake..
They are tiny black seeds. When soaked in water they grow into cloudy n spongy texture. It really has no taste, it’s the texture and it can be swallowed. So if u put it any flavored milk u can just swallow it. They have a very cooling effect in the stomach so women should not take it during mensuration period as the blood flow decreases.
When the Sabbja seeds should take in the morning or else at any time.
Any time in day. Mix seeds in your water bottle n keep drinking water whole day. Enjoy
can a thyroid patient consume subja
They are also commonly known as tuqmaraya. My father In law once gave me these and asked me to put it in a lemonade, I did. It was so tasty. Now I got to know that it’s healthy also. Great.
Once we soak the sabja seeds in water, With in how many days we have to consume it????
If you soak Sabja Seeds in water ,within 5 to 10 minutes they become very spongy and change the colour from black to white.The same can be consumed directly or adding jaggery or honey for taste.
Can we mix sabja (soaked) along with lemon n honey in warm water and take everyday in d morning on empty stomach n can we use it regularly or after certain period should we stop using it.?
How can i use basil seed for hair growth
Is anyone take it
Is it affect the menstrual cycle?
It should be avoided during menstrual cycle.
Hello, thanks for the information. Can I use chia seeds with warm milk?
Sabja seeds seems to have similar qualities as Chia seeds