Millions and millions are worried about their hair loss, especially the women who are pretty anxious about it. Hair fall has many causes, like hereditary, hormonal imbalance, stress, medications, etc. But, one of the vital factors of hair loss is not taking the proper foods. Today, we will discuss the top six diets that benefit healthy hair growth. The hair fall phenomenon is more common among men.
Best foods to stop hair loss naturally
- Fish: Some fish are good for healthy hair. Fishes like Tuna, Mackerel, Salmon, and Herring have omega-3s, vitamins D & B, protein and selenium. All these minerals and nutrients are suitable for the growth of hair.
- Eggs: Eggs are one of the best sources of protein and biotin, integral hair components. Besides these, eggs also contain selenium and zinc, which are good for preventing hair. Many women are having hair fall issues because of biotin deficiency issues. Eating protein is of utmost importance for hair as the hair follicles mainly comprise protein. Biotin is also essential as it helps produce hair protein called Keratin. Now, it is clear why eggs are necessary for healthy hair.
- Green vegetables: Dark green vegetables like Kale, Spinach, and Collards contain vitamins C & A, iron, beta carotene and folate. All these nutrients are good for healthy hair. Iron helps strengthen hair follicles, and oil present in vitamin A ensures scalp moisturising.
- Fruits: Fruits like berries, cherries, apricots, grapes and oranges are loaded with essential nutrients such as antioxidants and vitamin C, which promote hair growth. These nutrients strengthen the hair follicles. Vitamin C plays a vital role in iron absorption, forming collagen. Adequate iron should be in the body. Otherwise, it can lead to anaemia, another factor in hair fall. We all know that collagen protects hair follicles, thereby preventing hair loss. Antioxidants prevent harmful molecules called radicals, which are not suitable for the health of hair.
- Nuts: Those who are quite worried and anxious due to hair fall should start eating nuts like walnuts, almonds, flax seeds, chia seeds and Brazil nuts, as they are packed with essential nutrients like vitamin E, zinc, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids. All these nutrients are beneficial for hair and also prevent untimely hair fall.
- Sweet peppers: Sweet Peppers are an excellent source of vitamins C and A, which may help in healthy hair. The presence of vitamin C in sweet peppers helps in the production of collagen, which strengthens the hair follicles. It is also loaded with antioxidants, which fight against oxidative stress.
10 top facts about hair
- It is pretty interesting that hair grows about 1.25 cm per month and 15 cm per year.
- Hair growth depends upon diet, genetics, stress level, and age.
- Shedding of hair daily is not abnormal; it is perfectly normal.
- Avocados are an excellent source of vitamin E, which may help hair growth.
- Foods like eggs, nuts, beans and peas, fish, dairy products and chicken have adequate protein.
- The head scalp should be healthy and clean by washing it regularly with the help of mild shampoo.
- Using coconut and olive oil is quite beneficial for hair health.
- One should avoid tight braids or ponytails; using a straightening iron also damages the hair shaft.
- using chemical treatments like perms, etc., should also be discouraged.
- Hair is mainly comprised of keratin.
Six worst foods for hair health
- Swordfish: It contains high mercury levels, which is unsuitable for hair health.
- Sugar: Sugar should be avoided for healthy hair as it hinders protein absorption.
- Bread, cakes, pastries, and white pasta encourage hair thinning.
- Taking alcohol slows zinc absorption, while zinc is good for hair. On the other hand, taking too much alcohol also makes the hair brittle.
- According to researchers, sodas contain aspartame sweetener, which damages hair follicles.
- Junk food is also not recommended.