The importance of pure rose water for the beauty of skin and hair is no secret to anybody. Rosewater has been used since ancient times for the beauty of the face, skin, hair, eyes, acne, skin lightening, and fairness. Because of its multiple benefits, it is known as the ‘Wonder of Nature’. Everybody across the world loves Arq Gulab because of its natural skincare benefits. It has in-depth potential to make your face glow and fair complexion; therefore, it is the everyday beauty ingredient of every household. It is a natural antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory. In respect of all types of skin, including dry ones, it has beneficial impacts on all of them.
But before purchasing rose water, you should ensure it is 100 % pure and without chemicals. It is better to make rose water at home.
10 surprising benefits of rose water
- Rosewater for anti-ageing: The regular application of rose water on the face helps to make your skin soft and glowing due to the presence of antioxidants and vitamins.
- Rosewater for hair: Applying rose water to the scalp works wonders. It nourishes, conditioning, and moisture the hair follicles, promoting hair health like hair shining, long hair, hair beauty, etc. It makes dandruff at bay.
- Rosewater for skin beauty: It lessens redness and is beneficial for dermatitis and eczema because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Due to pollution and our faulty lifestyle, the skin pores get clogged. Applying rose water helps open up the clogged skin pores and removes dirt and oils.
- Rosewater for the face: It hydrates the skin, keeps it moist and smooth, and gives your face a glowing look.
- Rosewater heals scars: It heals scars due to anti-bacterial properties that give your personality a fresh and refreshing look.
- Antioxidant properties: Because of the antioxidant properties of rose water, it enhances your skin immunity and helps regenerate skin tissues.
- Rosewater for tone skin: It makes our skin tone because of astringent features. Apply rose water after steaming your face to make your skin tone bright.
- Rosewater for pH balance: Rosewater is good irrespective of all skin, helps to maintain acidity and alkalinity to control oils, and provides fairness and lightening to the skin.
- Rosewater reduces anxiety and stress: Rosewater is used in aromatherapy. The fragrance of rose water creates an atmosphere of well-being and acts like a mood elevator, stress buster, and anxiety reliever. Along with lessening stress, it also promotes sound sleep.
- Benefits of drinking rose water: The drinking of rose water helps delay skin ageing by removing wrinkles, pimples, acne, and blemishes. As per Ayurvedic texts, drinking rose water helps balance Sadhaka Pitta, which is associated with romance and love. As far as the side effects of drinking are concerned, it is almost negligible. Drinking it is helpful for weight loss and is also recommended in pregnancy. Some people also use it in tea.
11 best uses of rose water
This is my personal experience of using rose water on my fingers and palms in the winter season. During winter, my finger’s skin gets dry and looks awkward. One of my friends suggested I mix rose water and glycerin on my fingers and palms before bed. It is my surprise that I experienced positive results within three days. All the black scars vanished. Thanks to my friend’s advice and use of the said natural product on time. Let’s know the other critical beautiful benefits of rose water.
- Rosewater is used for skin freshness: One can spray rose water over one’s face throughout the year, but it is more required in the summer scorching sun to protect from sun burning. On the other hand, after having makeup, you may spray rose water mist on your face to make it long-lasting as it helps to smooth and soften your skin for a long time. It helps to make your skin fresh, refreshed, and hydrated.
- Use of rose water for hair shining: Rosewater can make your hair shine. Apply a mix of rose water and glycerin over your scalp. Leave it for 20-30 minutes, then wash it with shampoo.
- Rosewater as a facial cleanser: If you are fed up with chemical facial cleansers, I have a natural facial cleanser for you in rose water. Apply the rose water and glycerin mix over the face; it will give you more cleansing and whitening than the chemical facial cleanser.
- Rosewater is used to remove wrinkles: It can remove wrinkles and puffiness under or surrounding your eyes. For this, put a bottle of rose water in the fridge. Apply a few drops on a cotton pad and place the same below your eyes to remove the puffiness.
- Use of rose water as hair conditioning: Using an available market conditioner may negatively affect your hair in the long run. After shampooing, rinse rose water to move and shine your hair.
- Rosewater used as facial toner: Facial toners available are loaded with chemicals and alcohol, simultaneously making your skin dry and hard. I used cool rose water as a facial toner. It makes your skin soft. Its astringent properties also increase its relevance as a facial toner.
- Rosewater for acne remover: It is used as an acne remover. Applying a mix of lemon juice and rose water helps remove acne, pimples, and other facial scars.
- Rosewater for makeup remover: It is a beautiful makeup remover. To clean makeup, using a mix of coconut oil and rose water over the makeup area is suggested for astonishing results. It removes your makeup and is also suitable for your softening and soothing.
- Rosewater for skin rashes: Rosewater is beneficial to protect you from sunburn. Use the incredible mixture of rose water, and Tulsi leaves after coming from the sun. It helps to combat rashes, itchiness, and redness and finally leads your skin towards a fair complexion.
- As an eye drop: Rosewater is used as an eye drop for eye health and beauty.
- Rosewater for lip makeup: Mix ground beetroot with fresh rose water. Now, could you apply the paste to the lips? Leave it for 10-15 minutes, then wash the lips with fresh water. It makes your lip soft and healthy.
How do you think you could make rose water at home?
The preparation of pure rose water at home is easy. Could you let us know the recipe for rose water? Take the mixture of distilled water (1 litre) and a petal of rose (50 grams). Keep the same in the sunlight for 3-4 days. After that, filtrate it and put the same in the fridge for use occasionally. The other simple way to make rose water at home is to boil the mixture of distilled water (1 litre) and rose petals (50 grams) on a low flame unless and until it becomes half. Filtrate it and cool the liquid in the refrigerator. One can also make rose water or Arq Gulab of Hamdard.