- If one has sexual inadequacy or feeling the condition like sexual impotency, curd will give an added zeal and enthusiasm. Feeling such sexual problems, one has to take curd along with sugar just before meals. It strengthens the body by increasing the body fats and acting as an aphrodisiac. Curd recipes such as Yoghurt Rice Recipe, Dahi Bhalla, Beetroot and Pomegranate Raita, Cucumber Raita and Bottle Gourd Raita have many health advantages.Image courtesy of Master isolated images at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Persons who wants to gain weight, curd is an effective solution. Curd should be taken along with jaggery. Curd should be discouraged by Obesity patients or Obese people as it acts like as an stimulant to add to weight.
- Curd is an effective remedy for person suffering from Piles and Diarrhoea. In these case, one should take curd with ginger and rice.
- Curd enhances digestion and also strengthens the digestive system. Being acidic in nature, it enhances salivation which ultimately helps in digestion.
- Yogurt keeps you away from bacterial oral problems. Tartar and Bacteria which are the reasons for many oral diseases are prevented by Curd.
- Curd is thrust quencher and also reduces the burning sensation when taken with sugar.
- Curd along with little quantity of sugar and salt acts like as an appetizer.
Curd Side-effects and Prevention
- Being oily in nature, it subdues the Vata Dosha, but increases Kapha and Pitta Dosha.
- Eating of Sour curd should be avoided as it irritates the throat and causes common cold and headache.
- Arthritis patients should avoid curd as it may add pains to your joints.
- Curd should not be consumed alone. Substances like sugar, jaggery, rock salt and should always be added to it.
How to make Curd using Earthen Pot?
Making curd at home is an easy process. Curd can be made in any utensil; however, if you want thick and solid curd, you should opt to earthen pot. Earthen pot has been using since ancient times as homemade curd in rural areas. One should always prefer to homemade curd (Yogurt/Dahi) for its more nutritive value.
- Take one litre of milk.
- Boil it properly, then left it to be cooled.
- When it is little bit warm, put one spoon of curd and mix it well.
- Leave it for four hours without any disturbances.
- Shaking or touching it may interrupt curd setting process.
- It is suggested to put the pot at the warmer place.
Medicinal Benefits of Curd
Curd is used in the treatment of diarrhoea and dysentery because curd absorbs water from the intestine and acts as a stool binder. It aids digestion, so enhances appetite. Curd is good for digestive system, immune system, osteoporosis, stomach problems and vaginal infection. It also strengthens our bones and teeth because of high calcium content. One should not use curd regularly as it increases body fat and may cause obesity and weight. When curd didn’t set properly or didn’t coagulate, avoid it, may cause psoriasis, herpes, bleeding in hemorrhoids. Curd prevents jaundice and premature age.
- Curd for Hair Loss and Hair Fall, Yogurt for Shining Hair
- Yogurt for Weight Loss
- Amazing Health Benefits of Eating Curd (Yogurt)
- Best Indian Curd Recipes and Curd Dishes