8 Amazing benefits of curd (Yogurt)
- f one has low vitality or feeling the condition of low energy, the curd will give an added zeal and enthusiasm. In such circumstances, one has to take curd along with sugar just before meals. It strengthens the body by increasing the body fats and acting as an aphrodisiac. Curd recipes such as Yoghurt Rice Recipe, Dahi Bhalla, Beetroot and Pomegranate Raita, Cucumber Raita, and Bottle Gourd Raita have many health advantages.
- For persons who want to gain weight, the curd is an effective solution. Curd should be taken along with jaggery. Curd should be discouraged by Obesity patients or Obese people as it acts as a stimulant to add to the weight.
- Apply the paste of curd and pepper over the scalp. Left it for 10 minutes followed by washing it through natural shampoo. It helps to provide shining, soft hair and also helpful in overcoming dandruff. This mixture strengthens the hair and prevents hair fall too.
- Curd is an effective remedy for a person suffering from Piles and Diarrhoea. In these cases, one should take curd with ginger and rice.
- Curd enhances digestion and also strengthens the digestive system. Being acidic in nature, it enhances salivation which ultimately helps indigestion.
- Yogurt keeps you away from bacterial oral problems. Tartar and Bacteria which are the reasons for many oral diseases are prevented by Curd.
- Curd is a thrust quencher and also reduces the burning sensation when taken with sugar.
- Curd along with a little quantity of sugar and salt acts as an appetizer.
- Being oily in nature, it subdues the Vata Dosha but increases Kapha and Pitta Dosha.
- Eating Sour curd should be avoided as it irritates the throat and causes a common cold and headache.
- Arthritis patients should avoid curd as it may add pains to your joints.
- Curd should not be consumed alone. Substances like sugar, jaggery, rock salt and should always be added to it.
How to make Curd using Earthen Pot?
Making curd at home is an easy process. Curd can be made in any utensil; however, if you want thick and solid curd, you should opt for an earthen pot. Earthen pot has been using since ancient times as homemade curd in rural areas. One should always prefer homemade curd (Yogurt/Dahi) for its more nutritive value.
- Take one liter of milk.
- Boil it properly, then left it to be cooled.
- When it is a little bit warm, put one spoon of curd and mix it well.
- Leave it for four hours without any disturbances.
- Shaking or touching it may interrupt the curd setting process.
- It is suggested to put the pot in a warmer place.
Medicinal Benefits of Curd
Curd is used in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery because curd absorbs water from the intestine and acts as a stool binder. It aids digestion, so enhances appetite. Curd is good for the digestive system, immune system, osteoporosis, stomach problems, and vaginal infection. It also strengthens our bones and teeth because of its high calcium content. One should not use curd regularly as it increases body fat and may cause obesity and weight. When curd didn’t set properly or didn’t coagulate, avoid it, it may cause psoriasis, herpes, bleeding in hemorrhoids. Curd prevents jaundice and premature age.
- Curd for Hair Loss and Hair Fall, Yogurt for Shining Hair
- Yogurt for Weight Loss
- Amazing Health Benefits of Eating Curd (Yogurt)
- Best Indian Curd Recipes and Curd Dishes
18 homemade curd recipes
- Yogurt rice recipe
- Dahi Bhalla curd recipe
- Beetroot and pomegranate raita recipe
- Cucumber raita recipe Bottle gourd raita recipe
- Curd curry
- Fish curd curry
- Coconut chutney used for South Indian cuisines like Uttapam, Dosa and Idli
- Dahi Baigan
- Perugia Pachadi
- Dahi Vada
- Lassi-curd mixed with water and sugar
- Chaas-curd mixed with water and salt
- Borhani-curd mixed with coriander and mint
- Dahi puri
- Dahi bhelpuri
- Aloo Tikki
- Mishto doi- It is made from milk, jaggery, or date palm. It is used as a Bengali dessert.