Ayurveda offers remedies for conditions like erectile dysfunction(ED). Remember that it’s essential to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or a healthcare professional before trying any Ayurvedic remedies, as they will help you know the underlying causes of your erectile dysfunction to provide personalised guidance. However, here, only some simple Ayurvedic treatments are mentioned.
15 Ayurvedic remedies for erectile dysfunction
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Ashwagandha can help reduce stress and anxiety, often contributing to ED. It may also improve overall sexual health and performance. You can take ashwagandha in powder or capsule form.
- Shilajit: It is known for its aphrodisiac properties and can help improve sexual function. One can consume Shilajit in resin or capsule form.
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): Gokshura is an Ayurvedic herb known for its positive effects on reproductive health. It helps to increase testosterone levels and improves sexual performance. One can take Gokshura in various forms, such as capsules or as a powdered herb.
- Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum): Safed Musli is believed to have aphrodisiac properties and boosts libido and sexual stamina. It is available in various forms, including powder and capsules.
- Prepare Kşira-Paka of the decorticated seed of black phaseolus bean and the seed of Kapikachhu (cowage) and on cooling, add ghee and raw sugar to taste. Its 100 to 250 ml. is to be taken with powdered fruit of Pippali (long pepper)-l g—twice a day.
- Make the decoction of equal parts of small caltrops and tuber of Vidāri (giant potato) and add four times its weight of cow’s milk and 1/8th part of decorticated Maşa (black phaseolus bean) and rice and boil. When ready after Kşira Paka, add l/8th cow’s ghee. Its 100 to 250 ml. is to be taken twice a day.
- The decoction of the fruit of Gokşura-14 to 28 ml. or its Svarasa (juice )-7 to 14 ml. is to be taken with 50 to 100 ml. cow’s milk twice a day.
- Prepare the fine powder of equal parts of the seeds of Msa (black phaseolus bean), Kapikacchu (cowage), Godhūma (wheat) and Sasti (a variety of rice), giant potato, Kokilaksa and Goksura with cow’s milk and prepare a liquid dough. It’s 100 to 250 g. is to be taken with milk twice daily.
- Powder of equal parts of Kokils ksa and Sarkar’s raw sugar will be taken in 3 to 6 g. dose, followed by a glass of freshly mulched milk twice a day.
- Give seven Bhãvanā of Svarasa ( juice ) of fruit of Analakr (embolic myrobalan) to the powdered fruit rind of Amalakf and take its 3 to 6g- with 100 to 250 ml. milk and 25 to 50 g. Šarkara (raw sugar) twice a day.
- Powder of equal part of roots of Śalmalt (silk cotton tree) and Müsali-3 to 6g.to be taken with 5 to 10 g. Sarkara (raw sugar) and 5 to 10 g. Ghta (ghee) three times a day.
- Take the root of Indian silk cotton tree-4 parts, source of wild asparagus-3 parts, heart of Zedoary -2 parts, bamboo-manna-l/2 part and make the powder. Its 3 to 6 grams can be taken thrice a day with 3 to 6 grams of honey and raw sugar.
- 15 leaves of Brähmri (Indian pennywort), to be taken thrice daily.
- Equal part of the powdered root of Yaşțimadhu (glycyrrhiza), Goghrta (cow’s ghee) and honey is to be taken in 12 to 24 g. dose daily with 100 to 250 ml. of cow’s milk.
- Equal part of Svarasa( juice ) of the root of Satamūli (wild, asparagus) and a leaf of Brahmi (Indian pennywort)-7 to 14 ml. is to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. Dugdha (fresh milk) twice a day.
Special dishes to cure impotence
- Hen’s egg fried in ghee.
- Swan’s egg fried in ghee
- Chicken soup
- Fried fish in Ghee
- Fried fish in ghee and mixed with mutton soup and Savrasa juice of fruit Amalaki (embolic myrobalan) or pomegranate fruit juice.
- Boil 25 grams of goat testis in 250 ml milk and 1 litre of water; reduce to 250 ml. Cool and take with 3 to 6 grams of powdered seeds of sesame three times a day.