What is Piles?
Piles or Haemorroids, is associated with acute pain and bleeding. In Piles or Haemorroids, the varicose generally gets inflamed leads to chronic ache. About 40 % of people suffer from piles at some stage of their lives, but the disease is more common in case of elderly people. Piles or Haemorroids is more widespread in the western society due to faulty lifestyle. The disease should be treated at the initial stage to avoid complication.
Symptoms of piles and haemorroids
- Pain at passing stools
- In acute cases, bleeding may also happen
- Due to pain in the rectal region, the patient feels uncomfortable in sitting.
- In complicated cases, profuse bleeding may lead to anemia, causing weakness, tiredness, and lethargy.
- In advanced degree of piles, ulceration may develop due to friction, and cause bleeding.
Causes of piles
- Chronic constipation
- Bowel disorders
- Prolong periods of standing or sitting
- Strenuous work
- Tension, anxiety, and stress
- Feeling of hurriedness during passing of tools
- Hereditary may also responsible for it.
Treatment of piles and hemorrhoids
The most important cause of pile is chronic constipation, so it is better suggested to give the digestive system a proper relaxed period and thorough bowel cleansing. Naturopathy and Natural cures are some of the best treatment that can give relaxation to the patients. The patient should adopt an all-fruit diet for at least one week. He should have three meals a day of fresh juicy fruits such as grapes, apples, pear, peach, orange, pineapple and melon.
For chronic cases, the patients should go for fruits diets. It is especially suggested by physicians that one should perform enema. Enema with lukewarm water should be taken daily in the morning while fasting. This will cleansed the bowels and give much needed rest to the rectal tissues.
Fasting is good for piles
Fasting is one of the best remedies to treat, control and manage piles and hamorrhoids. It is advised to have one week fast solely depended upon fruit diets, especially juice.
Yoga poses and exercise for piles
Exercise enhances abdominal movements and helps to relieve congestion. Exercises such as walking and swimming are excellent methods for this. As far as Yoga is concerned, one should do some simple asanas, like Sarvangasana, Bhujungasana, Halasana, Jalneti, Kapalbhati, and Pranayama.
Which diet is good for piles
After fruit diet, one should go for natural foods aimed at securing soft stools. The diet should be low in fats. Food stuffs like skimmed milk, buttermilk, curd and cottage cheese made from skimmed milk; all vegetables except cabbage, onions, dried beans, and peas; cooked and dried cereals, whole wheat chappatis and fruits fruit juices. Bael juice is also recommended in case of severe constipation.
Top 10 Home Remedies for Piles and Hemorrhoids
- One should use more and more quantity of papaya, musk melon, pear, green vegetables, particularly spinach and radish.
- Foods rich in vitamin C, bioflavonoids and vitamin E are good for haemorrhoids suffering people.
- Vitamin B6 also relieves piles.
- Dry figs are just like a panacea for Piles. Soaked overnight figs (3-4 in number) and eat it in the morning. The tiny seeds of figs are an excellent remedy to stimulate peristaltic movements of intestines thereby facilitates easy evacuation of faeces and keeps the alimentary canal clean.
- Dry powder of mango seeds is also an effective measure for bleeding piles.
- The jumbul fruit is another effective food remedy for bleeding piles. The fruit should be taken with salt every morning for two or three months and helps the patients to get rid off bleeding piles for entire life.
- Grated white radish mixed with honey is good for piles patients. It may be given in the dose of 60 to 90 ml. morning and evening.
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water avoid straining to pass stool.
- Cold water treatment i.e. sitting in a tub filled with cold water for two minutes with knees drawn up to your chin also helps in the disease.
- Lentils and daals should be avoided as they constipate the bowels. The patient should also abstain from meat, fish, eggs and cheese products.