What is Piles?
Piles or Hemorrhoids are associated with acute pain and bleeding. In Piles or Hemorrhoids, the varicose generally gets inflamed leads to chronic ache. About 40 % of people suffer from piles at some stage of their lives, but the disease is more common in the case of elderly people. Piles or Hemorrhoids is more widespread in western society due to faulty lifestyle. The disease should be treated at the initial stage to avoid complications.
Symptoms of piles and hemorrhoids
- Pain at passing stools
- In acute cases, bleeding may also happen
- Due to pain in the rectal region, the patient feels uncomfortable sitting.
- In complicated cases, profuse bleeding may lead to anemia, causing weakness, tiredness, and lethargy.
- In an advanced degree of piles, ulceration may develop due to friction, and cause bleeding.
Causes of piles
- Chronic constipation
- Bowel disorders
- Prolong periods of standing or sitting
- Strenuous work
- Tension, anxiety, and stress
- Feeling of hurriedness during the passing of tools
- Hereditary may also responsible for it.
Treatment of piles and hemorrhoids
The most important cause of pile is chronic constipation, so it is better suggested to give the digestive system a proper relaxed period and thorough bowel cleansing. Naturopathy and Natural cures are some of the best treatments that can give relaxation to patients. The patient should adopt an all-fruit diet for at least one week. He should have three meals a day of fresh juicy fruits such as grapes, apples, pear, peach, orange, pineapple, and melon.
For chronic cases, the patients should go for fruits diets. It is especially suggested by physicians that one should perform an enema. Enema with lukewarm water should be taken daily in the morning while fasting. This will cleanse the bowels and give much-needed rest to the rectal tissues.
Fasting is good for piles
Fasting is one of the best remedies to treat, control, and manage piles and hemorrhoids. It is advised to have one week fast solely dependent upon fruit diets, especially juice.
Yoga poses and exercise for piles
Exercise enhances abdominal movements and helps to relieve congestion. Exercises such as walking and swimming are excellent methods for this. As far as Yoga is concerned, one should do some simple asanas, like Sarvangasana, Bhujungasana, Halasana, Jalneti, Kapalbhati, and Pranayama.
Which diet is good for piles
After a fruit diet, one should go for natural foods aimed at securing soft stools. The diet should be low in fats. Foodstuffs like skimmed milk, buttermilk, curd, and cottage cheese made from skimmed milk; all vegetables except cabbage, onions, dried beans, and peas; cooked and dried cereals, whole wheat chappatis, and fruits fruit juices. Bael juice is also recommended in case of severe constipation.
Top 10 Home Remedies for Piles and Hemorrhoids
- One should use more and more quantity of papaya, musk melon, pear, green vegetables, particularly spinach and radish.
- Foods rich in vitamin C, bioflavonoids, and vitamin E are good for hemorrhoids suffering people.
- Vitamin B6 also relieves piles.
- Dry figs are just like a panacea for Piles. Soaked overnight figs (3-4 in number) and eat it in the morning. The tiny seeds of figs are an excellent remedy to stimulate peristaltic movements of intestines thereby facilitates easy evacuation of feces and keeps the alimentary canal clean.
- Dry powder of mango seeds is also an effective measure for bleeding piles.
- The jambul fruit is another effective food remedy for bleeding piles. The fruit should be taken with salt every morning for two or three months and helps the patients to get rid of bleeding piles for entire life.
- Grated white radish mixed with honey is good for piles patients. It may be given in the dose of 60 to 90 ml. morning and evening.
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water avoid straining to pass stool.
- Coldwater treatment i.e. sitting in a tub filled with cold water for two minutes with knees drawn up to your chin also helps in the disease.
- Lentils and daals should be avoided as they constipate the bowels. The patient should also abstain from meat, fish, eggs, and cheese products.