Hair is one of the essential components of human life to enhance one’s beauty and complexion. It is a beautiful gift of nature that requires extra care and nurture. However, due to faulty lifestyles, paradoxical dietary patterns, junk food culture, etc., hair loss and falls are shared among the masses, especially women.
About 50% of women face hair loss at some stage. Hair loss in women is demoralising and may affect marital life, job opportunities, social adjustment, etc.
10 Tips to Control Hair Loss
- Some asanas of Yoga are beneficial in preventing hair loss and Hair fall. Yoga augments blood circulation into the head and scalp region, strengthening hair roots internally. Asanas like Shirsasana and Sarvangasana enhance blood circulation to the head and scalp region, thereby facilitating hair growth.
- Massage your head region with coconut or Vitamin E oil to prevent hair loss.
- Massage your scalp with Camphor and coconut oil; strengthen the root hair and prevent loss.
- Massage with a mix of honey and egg yolk is quite beneficial in managing hair loss.
- Slow massage of the scalp portion stimulates blood circulation and helps in the re-grow of hair.
- If you want shining hair, mix Amla, Shikaki powder, and curd. This mixture helps clean the scalp’s pores and stimulate hair growth.
- Everybody has lemon in their home; rinse your hair with lemon juice to prevent baldness.
- Baldness can be cured if you apply the curd, lemon, and mustard oil mix on your head portion. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it after then.
- For shining and glowing hair, one should eat more and more protein-enriched foods such as fish, yeast, soybeans, eggs, and beans.
- Activities like Hair dyes, hairdryers, curling, colouring, braids, buns, ponytails, etc., should be avoided. Shampoo, Conditioners, Alcohol, and Beverages should be discouraged.
5 Yoga poses for hair loss control
Yoga poses, including yoga asana, will be helpful in the prevention of hair fall and also prevent hair from becoming white or grey—the list of 5 yoga poses that can be practised for the good health of hair.
- Headstand yoga (Sirsasana)
- Shoulder stand Yoga (Sarvangasana)
- Downward Dog Pose (Adho Mukh Svanasana)
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama
5 Diets for hair loss prevention
- Fish: Fishes like Tuna, Mackerel, Salmon, and Herring are abundant with omega-3s and vitamin D, which are hair health.
- Eggs: Eggs are an excellent protein, biotin, selenium and zinc source for healthy hair.
- Vegetables: Green vegetables like Kale, Spinach and Collards are full of vitamins C & A, iron, beta carotene and folate; all these help moisturise the scalp.
- Fruits: Fruits like berries, cherries, and oranges are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, which promote hair growth.
- Nuts: Nuts like walnuts, almonds, and Brazil nuts contain nutrients like vitamin E, zinc, selenium and omega-3, which prevent hair fall.