Overview and Meaning
Eating too much or too fast may be the reason for gastrointestinal problems or indigestion, wherein one may experience abdominal fullness, stomach pain or a burning feeling in the upper region of the stomach. Indigestion is generally characterised by ulcer, gastritis or acid reflux. Some people who exert medicine, such as acid reflux or stomach pain, can be treated naturally or with home remedies.
- Improper digestion of meals
- Lack of appetite
- Sour burps
- Feeling restless
- Excessive gas and bloating in the stomach
- Watering of the mouth
- Bad breath
- Inconsistent stool
- Heavy stomach
- Stomach ache
- Sleep issues
- Mental tension or stress
- Irregular meals
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise
- Excess emission of semen
- Worms in the stomach
- Teething time
- Old age
The recommended diet for indigestion
- Patients must do a special fast for some time.
- During fasting, they should first maintain a fruit diet and then a liquid diet and change back to a fruit or light diet after 2-3 days. This can include oatmeal, whole bran roti and leafy green vegetables.
- They must eat less than they hunger for at each meal, not overeat, and chew very correctly before swallowing.
- Water should not be drunk during or after meals.
- Ensure that no fried, stale or processed foods are eaten.
Yoga poses for indigestion
- Kunjal kriya
- Agnisar kriya
Natural means to treat indigestion
- During the fast, apply mud bandage on the stomach and bandage wraps on the stomach and hip bath.
- Take enemas of lemon mixed with water regularly.
- After fasting, do the enemas once or twice a week.
- Take 1-4 tablets of Shankhavati after meals with water twice daily.
- Take 1-4 tablets of Arogyavardhini vati after meals with water twice daily.
- Take 1-4 tablets of Lashunadi vati with water twice daily after meals.
- Mix half to 1gm or one tablet of Kravyadh ras with water and drink 2 or 3 times daily.
- Take 250-500 mg of Shankhabhasma with water every morning and evening.
- Take 250-500 mg of Pravaalbhasma with water every morning and evening.
- During meals, mix half a teaspoon of Hingvashtak churn with warm ghee. Eat this gradually with the first 4-5 morsels.
- Take 3-5gm of Lavanabhaskar churn with water after meals, twice daily.
- Mix 3-4 teaspoons of Drakshasav with equal parts water and drink twice or thrice daily after meals.
- Mix 3-4 teaspoons of Lohasav with equal parts of water and drink 2 or 3 times daily after meals.
Surprising easy home remedies for indigestion
- Take 150 rock salt, 25gm roasted white cumin, 25 gm brown pepper, 30 gm asafoetida (hing) in ghee, and three peppermint. Grind them carefully and store them. Take 3-6gm of the churn with warm water every morning and evening. This helps with indigestion problems.
- Mix 50 gm dried ginger (saunth), 40gm long pepper (chhoti pippali), 30 gm parsley(almond), 20 caraway seeds (ajwain), 10gm black salt and 150 gm big myrrh (badi harad) and grind into a powder. This churn helps eliminate indigestion, stomachache, gas and other stomach problems. Take 4-6 gm with warm water every morning and evening.
- Take 50 each of long pepper (chhoti pippali), black salt, white cumin and dark cumin, 200 gm of dried pomegranate seeds, 100gm each of rock salt and sugar, 20gm each of pellitory root (akarkara) and dried ginger (saunth), 25gm of lemon essence, and 30 gm asafoetida (hing) roasted in ghee. Mix these to make a churn and store. Take 2-3 gm with water every morning and evening. This is very beneficial for indigestion, stomachache, gas and other stomach problems.
- Mix 25 gm each of rock salt and black salt, 6gm each of sal-ammoniac (nausea), dried ginger (saunth), and pellitory root (akarkara), 10gm each of whole black cardamom and black pepper, 15gm roasted white cumin, 6gm lemon essence and 1gm each of peppermint and roasted asafoetida (hing). Grind together and store. Take 3-6 gm with warm water to relieve all stomach problems.