Overview and Meaning
Eating too much or too fast may be the reasons of gastrointestinal problems or indigestion wherein one may experience abdominal fullness, stomach pain or burning feeling in the upper region of the stomach. Indigestion is generally characterized by ulcer, gastritis or acid reflux. There are the people who exerted for medicine such cases of acid reflux or stomach pain can be treated through natural means or home remedies.
- Improper digestion of meals
- Lack of appetite
- Sour burps
- Feeling restless
- Excessive gas and bloating in the stomach
- Watering of the mouth
- Bad breath
- Inconsistent stool
- Heavy stomach
- Stomach ache
- Sleep issues
- Mental tension or stress
- Irregular meals
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise
- Excess emission of semen
- Worms in the stomach
- Teething time
- Old age
Recommended diet for indigestion
- Patients must do a special fast for some time.
- During fasting, they should first maintain fruit diet and then a liquid diet and change back to fruit diet or a light diet after 2-3 days. This can include oatmeal, whole bran roti and leafy green vegetables.
- They must eat lesser than they hunger for at each meal and not over eat, as well as chew very properly before swallowing.
- Water should not be drunk during or after meals.
- Ensure that no fried, stale or processed foods are eaten.
Yoga poses for indigestion
- Kunjal kriya
- Agnisar kriya
Natural means to treat indigestion
- During fast, apply mud bandage on stomach as well as bandage wraps on stomach and hipbath.
- Take enemas of lemon mixed with water regularly.
- After fasting, do the enemas once or twice a week.
- Take 1-4 tablet of Shankhavati after meals with water, twice a day.
- Take 1-4 tablet of Arogyavardhini vati after meals with water, twice a day.
- Take 1-4 tablet of Lashunadi vati after meals with water, twice a day.
- Mix half to 1gm or 1 tablet of Kravyadh ras with water and drink 2 or 3 times a day.
- Take 250-500 mg of Shankhabhasma with water every morning and evening.
- Take 250-500 mg of Pravaalbhasma with water every morning and evening.
- During meals, take half teaspoon of Hingvashtak churna and mix with warm ghee. Eat this gradually with the first 4-5 morsels.
- Take 3-5gm of Lavanabhaskar churna with water after meals, twice a day.
- Mix 3-4 teaspoons of Drakshasav with equal parts water and drink after meals, twice or thrice a day.
- Mix 3-4 teaspoons of Lohasav with equal parts of water and drink after meals, 2 or 3 times a day.
Surprising easy home remedies for indigestion
- Take 150gm rock salt, 25gm roasted white cumin, 25 gm brown pepper, 30 gm asafoetida (hing) roasted in ghee, and 3gm peppermint. Grind them carefully and store. Take 3-6gm of the churna with warm water every morning and evening. This helps indigestion problems.
- Mix 50 gm dried ginger (saunth), 40gm long pepper (chhoti pippali), 30 gm parsley(ajmod) 20gm caraway seeds (ajwain), 10gm black salt and 150 gm big myrrh (badi harad) and grind into a powder. Take 4-6 gm with warm water every morning and evening. This churna helps get rid of indigestion, stomachache, gas and other stomach problems.
- Take 50gm each of long pepper (chhoti pippali), black salt, white cumin and dark cumin, 200 gm of dried pomegranate seeds, 100gm each of rock salt and sugar, 20gm each of peelitory root (akarkara) and dried ginger (saunth), 25gm of lemon essence, and 30 gm asafoetida (hing) roasted in ghee. Mix these together to make a churna and store. Take 2-3 gm with water every morning and evening. This is very beneficial for indigestion, stomachache, gas and other stomach problems.
- Mix 25 gm each of rock salt and black salt, 6gm each of sal-ammoniac (nausadar), dried ginger (saunth), and peelitory root (akarkara), 10gm each of whole black cardamom and black pepper, 15gm roasted white cumin, 6gm lemon essence and 1gm each of peppermint and roasted asafoetida (hing). Grind together and store. Take 3-6 gm with warm water for relief from all stomach problems.