Top benefits of mango shake and mango juice
- Weight gain: Mango shake is highly beneficial in gaining weight because of the presence of adequate amount of protein both in milk and mango. The underweight people can drink mango shake regularly during summer. 150 grams of mango has about 86 calories, and starch easily converts into sugar thereby helps in weight gain. This is the most important health benefits of mango shake. However, obese person should avoid drinking of mango shake.Image courtesy of Praisaeng / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Good for anemia patient: The mango shake is the most delicious shake and filled with important nutrients like iron, protein and beta-carotene. It is good for anemia patient and those have protein deficiency. One of the important benefits of mango shakes is to increase red blood cells count in the body. Mango juice also has significant amount of iron. Regular drinking of one glass of mango juice is enough to provide necessary amount of iron to the body. Mango juice is also beneficial for pregnant mother as far as iron content is concern. A number of studies have shown that iron content is beneficial in reduction of muscle cramp, anxiety, stress and heart related problems.
- Good for eyes: Mango contains vitamin A, which is beneficial for eyes and skin. The sufficient amount of vitamin A helps the eyes against dryness, night blindness along with facilitating good eye sight.
- Strengthen bones: Milk, which is the integral part of mango shake, is having vitamin D and calcium, helps in strengthening of bones.
- Maintains blood pressure: Mango juice is rich in potassium and magnesium, which helps to keep blood pressure under control. Potassium assists the heart and regulates blood pressure as well as balance fluids in your body. Mango juice also lowers blood pressure due to tinnginya fiber, pectin and vitamin C. Pectin and vitamin C reduces the serum cholesterol levels, especially the low-density lipoprotein
- For heart health: Mango in mango shake has high amount of pectin, a dietary fiber and helpful in lowering cholesterol from blood. Pectin is also beneficial in prevention of prostate cancer.
- Control acidity: Due to its alkaline in nature and presence of abundant fiber, mango shakes helps in prevention of indigestion, excess acidity, and contributes smooth functioning of the digestive system. The presence of tartaric acid, malic acid and citric acid help to maintain alkaline nature of the body. These acids are good for the digestive tract and enzymes present in the milk shake breaks the protein into simpler form.
- Beneficial in pregnancy: Mango shakes are having important health benefits during pregnancy due to presence of iron both in milk and mango. Iron is an important mineral required during pregnancy.
- Prevents cancer: A new research has shown that mango contains phyto-chemicals and antioxidants like quercetin, isoquercitin, astrgalin, fisetin, and gallic acid, astragalin, methylgallat, fisetin, which helps the body against colon cancer, breast cancer, leukemia and prostate cancer. Pectin present in mango is also beneficial against cancer.
- For better sex: Both mango and milk contain enough amount of vitamin E, which is good for sexual urge and increase in sex drive.
- For skin glowing: Drinking of mango juice is good in prevention and management of acne, pimples, wrinkles, blemishes, black spots, etc. The application of mango pulp for ten minutes followed by washing it with fresh water is beneficial for fair complexion.
- Diabetes prevention: Mango juice has the ability to control sugar level by normalizing insulin levels. It is also helpful in combating high blood pressure and cutting down bad cholesterol.
- Improves digestion: By controlling acidity and maintaining the ratio of acid-alkaline, mango provides soothing effects to digestion. It is also helpful in easing chronic constipation.
- Boosts immunity: Mango juice has reasonable proportion of vitamin C, vitamin A, and carotenoids. All these are helpful in boosting your immune system.
- Nutrition facts: One cup of mango juice contains calories (128), protein (<1 gm), carbohydrate (0.8gm). It is also loaded with vitamin C, A, B, E, & K. Minerals like potassium (61gm), calcium (43 gm), magnesium (8 gm), phosphorous (5 gm), iron (0.9 gm), selenium (1 mcg), sodium (13 gm). One cup of mango juice contains about 60% of your daily requirement of vitamin C and 40% of daily requirement of vitamin A.