Unique benefits of mango shake and mango juice
- Weight gain: Mango shake is one of the few drinks used for weight gain because of its high protein content. Underweight people can drink mango shakes regularly during summer. Mangoes starch converts into sugar easily, helping in weight gain. These are the most essential health benefits of mango shakes. However, obese people should avoid drinking mango shakes. Also read: Mango for Glowing Skin
- Good for anaemia patients: The mango shake is the most delicious and filled with essential nutrients like iron, protein, and beta-carotene. It is suitable for anaemia patients and those who have protein deficiency. One of the crucial benefits of mango shakes is to increase red blood cell count in the body. Mango juice should also be given to pregnant mothers because of its rich iron content. Several studies have shown that iron content helps reduce muscle cramps, anxiety, stress, and heart-related problems.
- Good for eyes: Mango contains vitamin A, which benefits the eyes and skin. A sufficient amount of vitamin A helps the eyes against dryness and night blindness and facilitates good eyesight.
- Strengthen bones: Milk, which is an integral part of mango shakes, has vitamin D and calcium, which helps in strengthening bones.
- Maintains blood pressure: Mango juice is rich in potassium and magnesium, which helps to keep blood pressure under control. Potassium assists the heart, regulates blood pressure, and balances bodily fluids.
- For heart health: Mango has high pectin dietary fibre and lowers blood cholesterol. Pectin also prevents prostate cancer.
- Control acidity: Due to its alkaline nature and abundant fibre, mango shakes help prevent indigestion and acidity. Tartaric, malic, and citric acids help maintain the body’s alkaline nature. These acids are suitable for the digestive tract, and the enzymes in the milkshake break the protein into a more straightforward form.
- Beneficial in pregnancy: Mango shakes should be preferred during pregnancy due to iron abundance. Iron is a crucial mineral required during pregnancy.
- Prevents cancer: New research has shown that mango contains phytochemicals and antioxidants like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, and gallic acid, astragalin, methyl gallate, fisetin, which helps the body against colon cancer, breast cancer, leukaemia, and prostate cancer. Pectin present in mango is also beneficial against cancer.
- For better sex: Both mango and milk contain enough vitamin E, suitable for sexual urges and increased sex drive.
- For skin glowing: Drinking mango juice is suitable for the prevention and management of acne, pimples, wrinkles, blemishes, black spots, etc. Applying mango pulp for ten minutes and washing it with fresh water benefits a fair complexion.
- Diabetes prevention: Mango juice can control sugar levels by normalising insulin levels. It is also helpful in combating high blood pressure and reducing bad cholesterol.
- Improves digestion: Mango provides soothing effects by controlling acidity and maintaining the acid-alkaline ratio.
- Boosts immunity: Mango juice has a reasonable proportion of vitamin C, A, and carotenoids. All these help boost your immune system.
Nutrition facts: One cup of Mango Shake contains
- Calories (128)
- Protein (<1 gm)
- Carbohydrates (0.8gm)
- vitamins C, A, B, E, & K
- Potassium (61gm)
- Calcium (43 gm)
- Magnesium (8 gm)
- Phosphorous (5 gm)
- Iron (0.9 gm)
- Selenium (1 mcg)
- Sodium (13 gm)
Mango milkshake recipes: Easy way to make
Before making a mango milkshake recipe, let’s discuss the type of mango shake
- Mango milkshake
- Mambazha Pulissery
- Peach Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
Simple way to make mango milkshake
For three servings, take ripe mango (1 piece), milk (300 ml), and sugar (1tbs). First, peel the mango and cut it into small pieces. Could you put it into the grinder and mash it properly? Could you put sugar as required into the grinder and again mash it? Finally, put milk into the grinder and mash it suitably. A few cubes of ice can also be added. The mango shake is ready to serve, but one can also put vanilla or strawberry ice cream to make it tastier.