Ayurveda for hair fall
Ayurveda is a safe and cost-effective alternative medicine to cure hair loss problems. Ayurvedic home remedies treat hair fall entirely if used in the early stage of hair fall. As per Ayurvedic philosophy, hair loss is caused by excess Pitta dosha in the body. Pitta increases in the body due to excess intake of alcohol, coffee, tea, smoking, fried, spicy & acidic food products, and hot climatic conditions.
Excellent Ayurvedic remedies for hair fall
- Aloe Vera: It is good to control hair loss and re-growing hair—method: Prepare Aloe Vera juice (1/3 cup) and mix a bit of cumin. Use the mixture 2-3 times a day for three months to stop thinning of hair.
- Bhringaraaja (Eclipta prostrata): It is the best Ayurvedic herb to control hair loss. Bhringaraaja is known as the king of hair and the king of herbs because it has the power to reverse baldness and prevent hair greying. Method: It is taken internally. It is also used externally as Bhringraj oil. Applying its leaf paste over the scalp is good for enhancing hair growth. The paste is left for a few minutes and washed with clean water. Make a mix of dried Bhringaraj ( 5 tsp) in warm water. Cool it and apply it to the scalp to strengthen the hair follicles.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Indian gooseberry contains multiple minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. It is a rich source of vitamin C. It acts as a hair tonic and hair nutrients. It makes your hair stronger and healthier, prevents you from greying, and is a good conditioner. Regular intake of its juice solves the problem of dandruff. Method: It is used as a hair pack. Make a pack of Indian gooseberry powder, henna, Brahmi powder, and curd. Apply it to the hair; leave it for 1-2 hours, then wash it with clean water. The juice of amla and lemon may be used on the scalp, followed by washing the same after 20 minutes. It helps to strengthen hair follicles.
- Brahmi (Centella Asiatica): Besides promoting healthy hair, this ayurvedic herb is also used for brain tonics, memory, intelligence, concentration, and alertness. It supports healthy skin. Method: Massage your scalp with Brahmi oil (Gotu Kola) to energies the hair follicles, smoothing the blood circulation in the head region. It is also used as a hair pack along with curd. Dandruff treatment is possible with a mix of this oil and lemon juice.
- Ritha (Sapindus mukorossi): It is known by different names, such as soap nuts, Reetha, Boondi Kottai, and Kumkudukaya. It has terrific benefits for hair, skin, dandruff, and facial complexion. As far as hair is concerned, it is a hair promoter hair cleanser and prevents hair fall by strengthening the hair follicles. Method: To use it for shining hair, remove the nuts (10 in number) from its cover. Crush it and dip it into half a litre of water. Leave it overnight. Strain it and wash your hair with this liquid. Continue it for a month; you will experience a striking difference in your hair. Massaging it powdered over the scalp and washing it thoroughly is also suitable for healthy and shining hair.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): It is Indian ginseng showing critical positive impacts on the body in mental, physical, and emotional domains. It may be used in menopausal ease, sexual problems, memory booster, mood elevator, and revitalisation. Method: One of the critical factors of hair loss is the weakening of the immunity system. Ashwagandha can be used as an immunity booster and vigour. It also helps in lessening stress, thereby used in strengthening hair.
- Methi (Fenugreek seeds): Prepare a mixture of Methi (2 tsp), green gram (2 tsp), soap nuts (3 tsp), lemon juice (1), and curry leaves (15). Grind all these mixtures well. One can use this mixture as a shampoo. This is one of the effective home remedies to solve the problem of hair fall.
- Margosa (Neem): Take 1 cup of margosa leaves and 4 cups of water. Boil it for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and make it extraordinary. Apply it on the scalp to rinse your hair. Applying margosa oil at night and washing the same in the morning with fresh water helps to prevent hair fall. These procedures make your hair silky, lustrous, black, and shining.
- Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are a great source of magnesium and calcium. Taking sesame seeds calcium in breakfast every day is a wise step. Calcium and magnesium are good for hair treatment.
- Banyan tree: Grind the small portion of the banyan tree root and mix the lemon juice in it. Could you apply the mixture to your scalp to prevent hair fall?
10 best tips to prevent hair loss
- Do yoga and meditations as these are stress buster and mood elevator
- An adequate amount of water is essential for the proper growth of hair
- One shouldn’t comb when the hair is wet
- Sound sleep for 7-8 hours is of utmost important
- Avoid beverages like alcohol, coffee, excessive smoking
- Give more weightage to seasonal fruits and green vegetables
- An iron-rich and adequate protein diet is good for hair loss
- The juice of carrot lettuce is good for hair growth
- Avoid Pitta aggravating foods like spicy, fried and oily foods
- Applying the coriander juice on the scalp proves very fruitful in preventing hair loss.
Ayurvedic medicine for hair loss
- Thikthakam Kashayam
- Thikthakam ghritham
- Narasimha rasayanam
- Chyavana prasad
9 best oil for hair loss
- Coconut oil
- Neelibhringadi oil
- Kunthala Kanthi
- Rosemary Essential
- Amla oil
Main hair loss symptoms
- Initiation of bald patches
- Thinning of hair
- Hair fall
Major causes for hair loss
- The biggest culprit for hair loss is STRESS
- Nutritional deficiency
- Hormonal imbalance
- Diseases complications
- Chronic illness
- Thyroid imbalance
- Sudden weight loss