Ayurveda for hair fall
Ayurveda is a safe and cost-effective alternative medicine to cure hair loss problems. Ayurvedic home remedies treat hair fall completely if it used in the early stage of hair fall. As per Ayurvedic philosophy, hair loss is caused due to excess of Pitta dosha in the body. Pitta increases in the body due to excess intake of alcohol, coffee, tea, smoking, fried, spicy & acidic food products, and hot climatic conditions.
Amazing ayurvedic remedies for hair fall
- Aloe Vera: It is good to control hair loss and re-growing hair. Method: Prepared Aloe Vera juice (1/3 cup) and mix a bit of cumin with it. Use the mixture 2-3 times a day for 3 months to stop thinning of hair.
- Bhringaraaja (Eclipta prostrata): It is the best Ayurvedic herb to control hair loss. Bhringaraaja is known as the king of the hair as well as the king of herbs because it has the power of reversing baldness and prevent of graying of hair. Method: It is taken internally. It is also used externally as Bhringraj oil. The application of its leave paste over the scalp is good to enhance hair growth. The paste is left for a few minutes and washes off with clean water. Make a mix of dried Bhringaraj ( 5 tsp) in warm water. Cool it and apply the same on the scalp for strengthening the hair follicles.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Indian gooseberry is filled with multiple minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. It is a rich source of vitamin C. It acts as a hair tonic and hair nutrients. It makes your hair stronger, healthier, prevents you from graying, and a good conditioner. Regular intake of its juice solves the problem of dandruff. Method: It is used as a hair pack. Make a pack of Indian gooseberry powder, henna, Brahmi powder along with curd. Apply it o the hair; leave it for 1-2 hours followed by washing it with clean water. The juice of amla and lemon may be used on the scalp followed by washed the same after 20 minutes. It helps to strengthen hair follicles.
- Brahmi (Centella Asiatica): Besides promoting healthy hair, this ayurvedic herb is also used as brain tonics, memory, intelligence, concentration, and alertness. It promotes healthy skin. Method: Massage your scalp with Brahmi oil (Gotu Kola) to energies the hair follicles, which further smooth the blood circulation in the head region. It is also used as a hair pack along with curd. Dandruff treatment is possible with the mix of this oil as well as lemon juice.
- Ritha (Sapindus mukorossi): It is known by different names such as soap nuts, Reetha, Boondi Kottai, Kumkudukaya. It has wonderful benefits for hair, skin, dandruff, and facial complexion. As far as hair is concerned, it is a hair promoter, hair cleanser, and prevents hair fall by strengthening the hair follicles. Method: To use it for shining hair, take out the nuts (10 in number) from its cover. Crush it and dipped into half litre of water. Leave it for overnight. Strain it and wash your hair through this liquid. Continue it for a month; you will experience the amazing difference in your hair. Massaging its powdered over the scalp followed by washing it thoroughly is also good for healthy and shining hair.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): It is Indian ginseng, showing important positive impacts on the body in the domains like mental, physical, and emotional fronts. It may be used in menopausal ease, sexual problems, memory booster, mood elevator, and revitalization. Method: One of the important factors of hair loss is the weakening of the immunity system. Ashwagandha can be used as an immunity booster and vigor. It also helps in lessening stress thereby used in strengthening of hair.
- Methi (Fenugreek seeds): Prepare a mixture of Methi (2 tsp), green gram (2 tsp), soap nuts (3 tsp), lemon juice (1), and curry leaves (15). Grind all these mixtures well. One can use this mixture as a shampoo. This is one of the effective home remedies to solve the problem of hair fall.
- Margosa (Neem): Take 1 cup of margosa leaves and 4 cups of water. Boil it for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and make it cool. Apply it on the scalp to rinse your hair. Applying margosa oil at night and wash the same in the morning with fresh water, helps to prevent hair fall. These procedures make your hair silky, lustrous, black, and shining.
- Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are a great source of magnesium and calcium. It is a wise step to take sesame seeds calcium in breakfast every day. Calcium and magnesium are goods for hair treatment.
- Banyan tree: Grind the small portion of the banyan tree root and mix the lemon juice in it. Now, apply the mixture over your scalp to prevent hair fall.
10 best tips to prevent hair loss
- Do yoga and meditations as these are stress buster and mood elevator
- An adequate amount of water is essential for the proper growth of hair
- One shouldn’t comb when the hair is wet
- Sound sleep for 7-8 hours is of utmost important
- Avoid beverages like alcohol, coffee, excessive smoking
- Give more weightage to seasonal fruits and green vegetables
- An iron-rich and adequate protein diet is good for hair loss
- The juice of carrot, lettuce is good for hair growth
- Avoid Pitta aggravating foods like spicy, fried and oily foods
- Applying the juice of coriander on the scalp proves very fruitful in preventing hair loss.
Ayurvedic medicine for hair loss
- Thikthakam Kashayam
- Thikthakam ghritham
- Narasimha rasayanam
- Chyavana prasam
9 best oil for hair loss
- Coconut oil
- Neelibhringadi oil
- Kunthala Kanthi
- Rosemary Essential
- Amla oil
Main hair loss symptoms
- Initiation of bald patches
- Thinning of hair
- Hair fall
Major causes for hair loss
- The biggest culprit for hair loss is STRESS
- Nutritional deficiency
- Hormonal imbalance
- Diseases complications
- Chronic illness
- Thyroid imbalance
- Sudden weight loss
20 thoughts on “Top 10 Ayurvedic Treatments for Hair Loss Prevention”
Hi thanku for tips plz help me use of shampoo also and meaning of camphor
Camphor is kapur which use in South indian temples and all Indian pooja
Sir bahut hair loss and hair fall ho rha h …kuch solution watao
Use Aloe Vera and Amla regularly and alternatively over your hair. See the positive results in a month.
Amla is really very good for any hair problem. It prevents hair fall, promotes hair growth and is good for premature graying of hair.
Plz help my hire will loss by 2 r 3 years….plz suggest me the best hire growth product
I have more pitta and low back pain so doc given gandha thailam tab and danawantharam tab and swarna basma tab severe hairfall is frm 15days iam takg still hw many days it take to contrl hairfall btbas if now mt low back is reduced i have takn xray of back bone bone density is low
first of all….leave stress..than take water properly and sound sleep is necessary for growing hair….clean your stomack…remove to take spicy foods ,, proper yoga,,,can help you. if you take amla every day in empty stomach I really good for hair loss,hair fall…..it is a very good remedy..for growing hair everywhere….
U should use calcaria phos 6x and amla juice (Indian gooseberry). Calcaria phos 6x is available at homeopathy store.
Plz tell me my hair loss from 1 month after delivery
I am facing hair problem last 5 years …now a days my hair are falling very badly… plz suggest me what should I do
Stress is the main cause of hair loss / damage. I would like to suggest be stressless and listen your fav. music. It can help you to decrease your stress. With this suggestion just eat healthy and don’t eat oily food and eat Amla on daily basis. You should feel the results within 6 months.
Dr. Adarsh – Dermatologist (Hair Transplant Specialist)
sarayuclinics dot com
New Delhi, INDIA
Any Help my hair loss from 3 year dendref and pimpel of my had
I had baldness since last 2 yrs , used lots of product ayurvedic,alopathic, homopathic like minoxidil ,finax ..but result was 0 .. now i have made a solution due to which i regained my hair back in 4 months and visible result in 1 month.,.. if you want to purchase it than contact me..
Pls dont use any product bcz it never works..i have wasted a lot of money in market product and medicine
How can I get this product ???
Please share your contact detail. I want to know in detail about product.
Hi Robin, please suggest the treatment
WOW!!! This article helpful for me about Treatments for Hair Loss Prevention. I worried about hair fall. Now my confusion has cleared by your review and gotten much information from your article.
Thanks for the sharing,
great read, informative and helpful. !!!!
Great Article! With personal experience, I would like to say,it is wonder to prevent hair loss.
Thanks for sharing info.