Drinking pineapple juice is recommended by many experts and dieticians because of its multiple health benefits. However, pineapple juice is also associated with essential warnings and side effects. Pineapple juice contains a powerful enzyme called bromelain that may cause diarrhea and stomach disorders. And its negative response can be easily seen in allergic patients. I think such precautions should be taken care of before drinking the juice.
Seven severe side effects of pineapple juice
- Throat problems: Pineapple juice should be consumed only from the ripened fruit as the raw fruit juice is harmful to the body and may invite other complications, including throat problems.
- May burn the skin: Applying the juice over the face is suitable for removing moles, acne, pimples, and wrinkles. However, one should remember that the pineapple-applied portion should be at most 5 minutes as the presence of alpha hydroxyl acid can cause skin burn.
- Tongue swelling: Eating more pineapple leads to swelling on the tongue and lips.
- Breathing congestion: Eating pineapple may also show breathing difficulties, especially in those associated with allergies.
- Weak muscles: Bromelain can break down protein. Accordingly, it shouldn’t be taken by those who desire muscular strength.
- Stop mucous formation: Drinking pineapple juice in excess destroys the mouth mucous membrane and stops mucus formation.
- Fiber ball: The excess use of pineapple can cause the formation of fiber balls in the digestive tract.
Seven precautions for pineapple juice
- Avoid in pregnancy: The pregnant mother shouldn’t take pineapple juice as it leads to the contraction of the uterus and may be one of the reasons for miscarriage. Uterine contraction also facilitates increased menstrual flow.
- Induced abortion: It contains a bio-chemical substance called bromelain that may cause abortions.
- Teeth enamel erosion and damage: Pineapple juice shouldn’t be taken in excess. The excess amount of it may cause tooth enamel loss. And it may also lead to gingivitis and cavities.
- Delay blood clotting: Bromelain in pineapple interferes with blood clotting and blood-thinning drugs.
- Avoid in diabetes: Diabetic patients should avoid taking pineapple juice as it is associated with high sugar and calories. Overweight and obese persons should prevent it.
- Pineapple instead of its juice: Considering lifestyle-related disorders, it is better to use pineapple as a whole instead of taking pineapple juice.
- Avoid in allergy: If you have allergic symptoms, it is wise to stop taking bromelain.
Six serious warnings of pineapple juice
- Pineapple juice shouldn’t be taken in large quantities.
- One may experience vomiting and diarrhea from excess juice use.
- A breastfeeding mother should avoid the use of pineapple.
- While applying pineapple juice over the face, one should take utmost precautions for the eyes. Pineapple juice shouldn’t spread into the eyes as the alpha hydroxyl acid may harm the eyes seriously.
- If somebody is going for surgery, the concerned person should avoid taking pineapple before and after a fortnight.
- Use fresh pineapple juice instead of shop one because the fresh juice contains more nutrients, and in the commercial juice, bromelain gets destroyed due to commercial heating. Thereby, the user needs to gain the essential benefits of pineapple juice.
What happens if one drinks too much pineapple juice
- Pineapple has a great tenderizer in-built capacity; therefore, drinking too much fruit can lead to the mouth’s tenderness, lips, tongue, and cheeks.
- One may feel rash, hives, or breathing difficulties because of a pineapple allergy.
- The fruit contains a high amount of vitamin C. Consuming it in large quantities may result in diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
- Since the fruit contains the bio-chemical substance bromelain, excess juice can induce skin rashes and excessive menstrual bleeding.
- Patients taking antibiotics, anticoagulants, blood thinners, anticonvulsants, barbiturates, and insomnia drugs should take them after the consultation with a physician.
- Overeating juice can cause digestive tract fireballs.
27 thoughts on “Pineapple Juice Precautions, Side Effects and Warnings”
I have diarrhhea after drinking a pineapple juice. That is is natural?
I had stomach and chest pains after drinking canned pineapple juice. Is there a connection?
I too have diarrhea. It Is normal. I believe it is because of the bromelain enzyme contained in pineapple as written in the above article
I am delayed…Im constantly eating fresh pineapple…I have cramps already but dont have mens yet…
My daughter just drank some juice with pineapple juice in it and Her tongue is swelling help what should I do
Is your daughter ok?…
It helps digest protein so that your body can better absorb it, it doesn’t destroy your muscles.
My boyfriend says when he drinks pineapple juice it makes him feel aggressive. Can this be explained?
hi thanks for the pine tip ;my wife has irritable leg syndrome & water in knees what can be recommended.thanks stay blessed.
I have bloodclots multiple bi lateral , ive been dianosed having pulmonary embolism, ive just come home from hospital and am taking rivaoxaban,
just got a fresh pineapple thought it was good to take some daily with breakfast because of the bromelian, should it eat it now , ? My second ct scan shows one lung clear of clots and second lung has one remaing clot occluding a vessel..
Pineapple a cup full cut in cubes along with breakfast.
Garlic ( 150 grams )cut fine and left in free air for twenty minutes and then boiled on very very low flame in one liter milk and reduced to 300 MLS. Cool it and then freezer it. Take one teas spoon every night in hot cup of milk.
There will be no clots in your body.
No side effect you will be strong .Stop all chemical drugs. Your liver will have adverse drug reaction.
Intimately, the post is realistically the most excellent on this worthy field. I partially agree with your conclusions and will desperately expect your coming updates. Just saying thank you will not just be enough, for the fantastic clearness in your writing. I will instantly get your feed to keep privy of any updates. Very good work and much success in your business efforts. May god bless you, !
Thanks for your outstanding comments.
some really quality articles on this internet site , saved to bookmarks .
my friend who recently did abortion drank fresh pineapple a lot of it and now is going through so much pain..pls what can she do to reduce the pains
Pineapples, papaya should be avoided during pregnancy. Kindly consult a good physician.
me too have experienced diarrhea after drinking a half full glass of pineapple juice. Should I stop drinking? however, i notice that i am not losing much liquid when i poop unlike on my usual diarrhea moments.
I drank rotten pineapple juice ,what will happen ?
It is not good from health point of view. It should be strictly avoided.
Pineapple juice causes abortions??? I’m sure you meant a miscarriage…
I have internal hernias with acid reflex should I drink pineapple juice
I have pile and stool blood, can i stop taking pineapple and orange juice please?
All noted with thanks!
Thanks for this awareness. Its realy helpful.
Very interesting article, i never see such like this since i have been online with this help of your article; i think i have a lot of things to write about. Thanks very for dropping this with us.
Is it advisable to drink pineapple juice if u are diabetic?