There are some important warnings and side effects associated with pineapple juice. These should be taken care of before drinking the juice. Pineapple juice contains a powerful enzyme called bromelain that may cause diarrhea, stomach disorders, and show quick ill response to an allergic person.
Pineapple juice precautions
- During the pregnancy period, one should avoid pineapple juice as it leads to the contraction of the uterus, which may cause miscarriage. Uterine contraction may also lead to increased menstrual flow.
- Bromelain may cause abortions.
- Excess pineapple or pineapple juice should be avoided. It can show bad effects on tooth enamel and gums and may cause gingivitis and cavities.
- Bromelain interferes with blood clotting and blood-thinning drugs.
- The person, who is detected with diabetes, should avoid taking pineapple juice as it is associated with high sugar and calories. An obese person should also skip it.
- If you want more roughage and fiber, it is suggested to use pineapple as a whole instead of taking pineapple juice.
- If you have allergic symptoms, it is wise to stop taking bromelain.
Pineapple juice side effects
- Properly ripened pineapple juice should be consumed because the raw fruit juice is extremely harmful to the body may invite other complications including throat problems.
- Applying a slice of pineapple over the face is good to remove moles, acne, pimples, and wrinkles. But one shouldn’t leave the pineapple applied portion for more than 5 minutes because the presence of alpha hydroxyl acid may harm and burn the skin.
- Eating more amount of pineapple leads to swelling on the lips, cheeks, and tongue.
- Sometimes, eating pineapple shows breathing difficulties, especially with an allergic person.
- Bromelain breaks down protein, so, it should be avoided by those who want his/her muscle size/strength.
- Excessive drinking of pineapple juice destroys the mouth mucous membrane and stops mucus formation in the mouth.
- The use of more and more pineapple can cause the formation of fiber balls in the digestive tract.
Pineapple juice warnings
- Pineapple juice shouldn’t be taken in large quantities.
- One may experience vomiting and diarrhea of excess use of the juice.
- A breastfeeding mother should avoid the use of pineapple.
- While applying pineapple juice over the face, one should take utmost precautions for eyes. Pineapple juice shouldn’t spread into the eyes as the alpha hydroxyl acid may harm the eyes seriously.
- If somebody is going for surgery, the concerned person should avoid taking pineapple before and after a fortnight.
- Use fresh pineapple juice instead of shop one because the fresh juice contains more nutrients and in the commercial juice, bromelain gets destroy due to commercial heating thereby the user lacks the important benefits of pineapple juice.
What happens you drink too much Pineapple juice
- Pineapple has great tenderizer in-built capacity; therefore drinking too much of the fruit can lead to the tenderness of the mouth, including the lips, tongue, and cheeks.
- One may feel rash, hives, or breathing difficulties because of pineapple allergy.
- The fruit contains a high amount of vitamin C. Consuming it in large quantities may result in diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
- Since the fruit contains the bio-chemical substance bromelain, the excess of the juice can induce skin rashes and excessive menstrual bleeding.
- The patients who are taking antibiotics, anticoagulants, blood thinners, anticonvulsants, barbiturates, and insomnia drugs should take it after the consultation of a physician.
- Eating too much juice can cause digestive tract fireballs.