Why should we eat Chiku?
The fruit Chiku has a lovely and delicious flavour and lots of nutritional value.
Chiku is one of the best fruits to provide quick energy as Sapodilla is loaded with fructose and sucrose and is regarded as a natural boosting energy food.
This sweetie fruit stores many nutrients, which is good for healthy beings.
The Chikoo, botanically known as Manilkara zapota, is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins A, C, E, copper, iron, etc.
Top 15 Benefits of Chikoo
- Chiku is rich in dietary fibre and can be an excellent natural laxative. Having adequate fibre helps aid digestion, thus relieving indigestion and constipation.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of tannins present in Chikoo reduce the chances of erosive gastritis, enteritis, irritating bowel and reflux esophagitis, and gastric disorders.
- Sapodilla protects the inner lining of the mucous membrane of the colon from carcinogenic toxins.
- Chiku contains Tannin, a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anta-acid and prevents free radicals. Tannins are effective against many diseases and act as anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-parasitic.
- Chiku is endowed with minerals such as potassium, copper, iron, folate, niacin, and pantothenic acid, which are suitable for many metabolic body activities.
- Sapodilla has vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B complex. These vitamins and antioxidants boost the body’s immunity and are suitable for hair and skin.
- Vitamin E in Chiku has a chemical compound, alpha-tocopherol, that might reduce the risk of developing heart diseases.
- Vitamin C helps improve your immunity and protects you from gout and cataracts—vitamin C is also suitable for providing shining skin.
- The presence of vitamins is beneficial for vision. It is also helpful for the lungs.
- Boiled Semi-liquid Chico skin may be given to children to control loose motion. The ingredient is also beneficial in case of fever.
- The eating of Chico helps to relieve congestion and cough. It is known as expectorant removal.
- Sapodilla is a natural diuretic that removes waste products from the body by frequent urination. It helps in water concentration, thereby preventing water retention.
- Chikoo is suitable for lactating mothers due to its essential nutrients and carbohydrates. It helps in pregnancy by overcoming nausea and dizziness.
- Sapodilla has enough calcium, phosphorous, and iron. These nutrients help strengthen bones.
- When the crushed seeds of Chikoo are eaten, it helps remove kidney and bladder stones because of its natural diuretic.
Sapodilla Nutritional Values and Facts
Sapota is an easily digestible fruit.
Due to the presence of simple sugar and other compounds, it helps to revitalise the body by replenishing energy. The nutritional facts of Chiku in 100 grams of the fruit are:
Calories (141 Kcal)
Fat (1.9 grams)
Carbohydrate (34 grams)
Dietary Fibre (9 grams)
Protein (0.75 grams)
Water (132.6 grams)
Calcium (35.7 mg)
Iron (1.36 mg)
Magnesium ( 20.4 mg)
Phosphorous (20.4 mg)
Potassium ( 328.1 mg)
Vitamin C (24.99 mg)
Niacin (0.34 mg)
Pantothenic acid (0.43 mg)
Folate (23.8 mcg)
Vitamin A ( 102 mg)
Vitamin E (0.43 mg)
Excess eating may cause abdominal pain.
If its seeds swallow my mistake, it can induce vomiting.
Its eating can also cause irritation, inflammation, and itching.
Its overeating may lead to stomach disorders.
It is a rich source of sugar. Diabetic patients should avoid eating it.
It contains latex and tannin, which induce allergic reactions in the body.