The fruit Chiku has an exceptionally sweet and delicious flavor along with lots of nutritional values. Chiku is one of the best fruits to provide quick energy as Sapodilla is loaded with fructose and sucrose and regarded as a natural boosting energy food. This sweetie fruit is the storehouse of many nutrients, which is good for well being. The Chikoo, which is botanically known as Manilkara zapota is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamin A, C, and E, copper, iron, etc.
Top 15 Benefits of Chikoo
Health Benefits of Chiku (Sapodilla)
- Chiku is rich in dietary fiber, may be used as a good natural laxative. Being having adequate fiber helps to aid in digestion thus relieves from indigestion and constipation.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of tannins present in Chikoo reduce the chances of erosive gastritis, enteritis, irritating bowel and reflux-esophagitis, and gastric disorders.
- Sapodilla protects the inner lining of the mucous membrane of the colon from carcinogenic toxins.
- Chiku contains Tannin, a powerful antioxidant that acts as an anta-acid and contains free radicals. Tannins are effective against many diseases and acts as anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-parasitic.
- Chiku is endowed with minerals such as potassium, copper, iron, folate, niacin, and pantothenic acid which are good for many metabolic body activities.
- Sapodilla is having vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B complex. These vitamins and antioxidants boost the immunity of the body and also good for hair and skin.
- Vitamin E in Chiku has a chemical compound alpha-tocopherol that might reduce the risk of developing heart diseases.
- Vitamin C helps to improve your immunity and also protects you from gout and cataracts. Vitamin C, also good to provide shining skin.
- The presence of vitamins is beneficial for vision. It also helpful for the lungs.
- Boiled Semi-liquid of Chico skin may be given to children to control loose motion. The ingredient is also beneficial in case of fever.
- The eating of Chico helps to relieve congestion and cough. It is known as expectorant removal.
- Sapodilla is diuretic in nature, good in the removal of waste products from the body by frequent urination. It helps in water concentration thereby prevents water retention.
- Chikoo is good for lactating mothers due to its essential nutrients and carbohydrates. It helps in pregnancy by overcoming nausea and dizziness.
- Sapodilla has enough calcium, phosphorous, and iron. These nutrients are helpful in strengthening of bones.
- When the crushed seeds of Chikoo are eaten, it helps to remove kidney and bladder stones because of its diuretic in nature.
Sapodilla Nutritional Values and Facts
Sapota is an easily digestible fruit. Due to the presence of simple sugar and other compounds, it helps to revitalize the body by replenishing energy. The nutritional facts of Chiku in 100 grams of the fruit are: Calories (141 Kcal), Fat (1.9 grams), Carbohydrate (34 grams), Dietary Fibre (9 gram), Protein (0.75 gram), Water (132.6 grams), Calcium (35.7 mg), Iron (1.36 mg), Magnesium ( 20.4 mg), Phosphorous (20.4 mg), Potassium ( 328.1 mg), vitamin C (24.99 mg), Niacin (0.34 mg), Pantothenic acid (0.43 mg), Folate (23.8 mcg), Vitamin A ( 102 mg), Vitamin E (0.43 mg)
8 thoughts on “Health Benefits of Chiku (Sapodilla)”
how 100 grams of chikoo has 132.6 grams of water?
Please ignore the moving of the decimal point on my last comment, on actual investigation it appears that the water content of most fruit has between at the lower end of the scale 74% and 92% at the higher end.
What is the sugar content in chiku?
How much fructose, sucrose?
Whether chikku contains high protein or less ? if so which type of protein it contains ?
Good information about chikku fruit.
Is chikoo fruit good for diabetics ? Is the sugar content like sucrose & fructose can have a great affect?
what type of new health benificial product which we can make please answer me sir and ur information are very helpful for me thanks