Top 15 fruits for the immune system
1. Strawberries: Strawberries are quite important to boost your immunity and also help to energize your weak cells. These are loaded with vitamin C and has more vitamin C than citrus fruits. One cup of strawberries contains about 136% of the RDA of vitamin C. Strawberries are the storehouse of vitamin C and acts as an immunity booster. These photo-chemicals strengthen the immune system and combat diseases like cold, flu, infections caused by viruses and bacteria. It is abundant with natural fiber which smooths digestion and good for proper immune function too. The presence of vitamin C not only enhances immunity but also solves other problems like blood pressure, age-related ocular disease, cataracts, and muscle degeneration.
2. Kiwi: Kiwi contains enough Vitamin C, improves immunity, protects the body from infections. It helps to lower bad cholesterol and try to maintain blood pressure thereby good for the heart. It has potassium, which works on the immune system and also gives relief from cold and flu.
3. Watermelon: Watermelon is full of antioxidants and photo-chemicals. The fruit is packed with the best of the best antioxidants. These antioxidants viz. glutathione, vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Beta-carotene are extremely beneficial to control and fights free radicals of the body thereby helpful in checking from so many diseases. These antioxidants strengthen the immune system so it can fight infection. It also helps to prevent cough and cold.
4. Pomegranate: The fruit has the ability to fight against infections. It has an adequate amount of vitamin C including other antioxidants, which help the body to fight against bacteria, viruses, and flu. Accordingly, the regular taking of pomegranate or its juice helps to strengthen the immunity of the body.
5. Almond: The fruit almond is full of energy and Vitamin E. Vitamin E, being an important anti-oxidants, makes the immune system healthy. It also contains iron and protein, which are good for the smooth functioning of the immune system.
6. Papaya: Papaya has enzymes like papain and chymopapain which are quite effective to fight inflammation. Besides, it has numerous macro and micro-nutrients, which are good for the overall health of the immune system.
7. Blueberries: Blueberries also play an important role to combat infections. The presence of vitamin C, vitamin E, and other minerals help to strengthen the immunity of the body.
8. Winter Cherry: Ashwagandha powder (2 teaspoons), Piper longum (2 teaspoons), Honey (4 teaspoons), Sugar (4 teaspoons), and Ghee (4 teaspoons). Mix it well and take one teaspoonful twice a day in the morning and evening. It is good for tuberculosis and strengthens the defense mechanism (immunity) and combat other infections.
9. Muskmelon: It is good to eat muskmelon as it develops our immunity because of plenty of vitamin C. It stimulates the WBCs to fight against viruses, bacteria, and infections.
10. Rambutan: It prevents infection. The fruit has antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which help to fight varied forms of infections. Also beneficial in case of wound healing and pus prevention.
11. Apple: Apple has an adequate amount of vitamin C, which boosts our immunity thereby prevents us from many diseases caused by viruses and bacteria. The presence of vitamin C and iron is also effective in making your bones stronger.
12. Orange: Orange helps to minimize the impact of type II diabetes and atherosclerosis. The flavonoids like hesperidin and naringenin are acting as anti-inflammatory products and good against infections thereby helps to improve immunity.
13. Pineapple: Pineapple has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. It is loaded with so many minerals and nutrients including a greater percentage of vitamin C. All these make it a powerful fruit to boost immunity and fight against infections.
14. Pear: Pears develops the resistance power of the body. Anti-oxidants contents in the form of vitamin C and copper in pear help to develop the immunity of the body. These antioxidants fight off free radicals, thus save you infections and boosts your immune system. If you are frequently affected by cold, pear juice is one of the effective options for you.
15. Sapodilla: Sapodilla has anti-inflammatory properties because of tannin, powerful antioxidants that act as anta-acid, and contend free radicals. Tannins are effective against many diseases and acts as anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-parasitic. Sapodilla is having vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B complex. These vitamins and antioxidants boost the immunity of the body.