Who doesn’t know about muskmelon? We all are acquainted with this delicious summer fruit but may not be aware of its potential benefits. Once, I visited one of my friend’s native village where I saw the cultivation and production of this whitish/orange color fruit on a large scale. They not only cultivated but also make me aware of many unknown benefits, uses, and precautions of this fruit. When I returned to my town, I started thinking of the uses and medicinal benefits of Cantaloupe and discussed it with my nutritionists and dietician colleagues its benefits and advantages. I am pointing out here some of the amazing benefits of this rounded shape summer fruit and the excerpt of my discussion with my fellow group members who are from the alternative medicine field.
Wonder benefits of cantaloupe
- Muskmelon for weight loss: Cantaloupe can be used for weight loss purposes. It is consisted of 95% water and also full of fiber. Eating muskmelon gives the tendency of full stomach and also discourages the desire for more eating. On the other hand, the fruit is associated with no fat, no cholesterol, less calories, and sugar. If you desire weight loss, it is better to start with this summer fruit.
- Muskmelon for healthy skin: Cantaloupe is good for skin beauty and skin problems. Besides, adequate watery content, it is also known for anti-oxidants, vitamin A & C, all of these facilitate glowing skin.
- Muskmelon for hair: Cantaloupe makes your entire body hydrated. Along with iron and other nutrients, the fruit is good for healthy hair.
- Treats kidney stone: The fruit helps to release toxins from the kidney as well as the body because of the presence of abundant water. It also contains oxykine, a bio-chemical substance that prevents kidney stones and other kidney disorders.
- Good during pregnancy: Cantaloupe has a suitable amount of folic acid, which prevents water retention by excreting excess amounts of sodium. It also prevents birth defects and assures healthy baby development.
- Muskmelon for healthy heart: It is having potassium that is good for cardiac problems. The presence of adenosine in Cantaloupe makes blood thinning and reduces the chances of heart attack and strokes.
- Boost`s immunity: Cantaloupe develops our immunity because of plenty of vitamin C. It stimulates the White Blood Cells to fight against viruses, bacteria, and infections.
- Improves eye vision: The adequate amount of vitamin A and carotene is good for eyes, eye vision, and prevent many eye-related disorders i.e. cataract.
- Muskmelon eases menstrual cramps: Cantaloupe is good for menstrual cramps and associated with anti-coagulant properties. It helps to ease cramps by dissolving clots.
- Cantaloupe nutritional facts: The nutritional values in one cup of muskmelon are as follows: Calories (53), No fat, No cholesterol, No saturated fat, Carbohydrate (12g), Protein (1g), Dietary fiber (1g), Sodium (23mg), Vitamin A (5276 IU), Folic acid (22 mg), Niacin (1mg), Vitamin C (57mg), Calcium (14mg), Magnesium (19mg), Potassium (417mg) and Carotenoids (3, 219mg).
How to make muskmelon recipe?
To make Cantaloupe recipes are quite easy. We will describe here Cantaloupe juice and Cantaloupe ice cream.
Required material for 3 people
- 1 Muskmelon (500g)
- Sugar/black salt as desired
- 1 or 2 cardamom
- Water (200ml)
- The quantity may be increased or decreased as per people.
Procedure: First of all wash the fruit, and removes the bark of muskmelon followed by cutting into small pieces. Now, put all the above-said material into the grinder or juicer to make it juice. The prepared juice may be kept in the freezer for a while before drinking.
Cantaloupe/Muskmelon ice cream
It is easy to make Cantaloupe ice cream. Simply add cherry/almond or any other fruits/dry fruits of your choice in the above-prepared juice and kept the same in the freezer to make into ice cream. Cut it and you will feel the yummiest of ice cream.
- One should not mix milk with watermelon as it can lead to cholera.
- One shouldn’t take water just after eating muskmelon as it can cause loss of motion.
- The person suffering from asthma should avoid it.
- Pitta dominant people should skip it.
The information provided in the article should not be taken as a substitute for alternative medical diagnoses. It is for information purposes to understand health, treatment, conditions in a better way. It is suggested to consult your nearby doctor or physicians before taking any alternative medicine or practicing alternative therapies.
2 thoughts on “10 Surprising Health Benefits and Uses of Muskmelon (Cantaloupe) for Hair, Skin & Weight Loss”
Thank you, I am glad I love cantaloupe and have been eating it for a while now . All the benefits yummy!!!!
thanks for the information of these benefits andrew