The heart is the body’s most vital organ and controls the entire body’s mechanisms through its micro-cellular functions. For the smooth functioning of the heart, there is a need for a good diet and food. Some foods make the heart healthy and prevent it from many cardiovascular diseases and disorders. Get the list of the best eight natural foods for cardiovascular health.
Top foods for a healthy heart
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Amla is one of the essential foods for your healthy heart. It is the reservoir of vitamin C, which reduces the chances of cholesterol formation in the inner wall of blood vessels and the heart. It has an adequate amount of protein, calcium, phosphorous, and iron, which are helpful in the flexibility of blood vessels.
- Bark of Arjuna: Bark of Arjuna is one of the finest tonics for heart health. It has been used since ancient times to prevent and manage heart diseases. It also plays a vital role in controlling the palpitation of the heart. Methods: Its churn can be taken with milk in the morning and night. Boil one glass of milk, water (1 drink), and churn of bark of Arjuna (1 tbsp) for 15-20 minutes. I strained it and took the mixture after making getting it cool.
- Honey: It is abundant in vitamins, minerals, protein, and carbohydrates. It is a powerful natural medicine which strengthens your heart. It helps to maintain blood pressure and is suitable for the health of cardiac muscles. Honey, the gift of nature, contains iron, manganese, and copper, ideal for red blood corpuscles. Formic acid in love acts as a tonic for the heart.
- Garlic: Garlic is a beautiful product of nature. It is just like a panacea for your heart. It makes the heart stronger and prevents it from many diseases and disorders. Using garlic helps to dilate the blood vessels, which ensures a smooth flow of blood and prevents cardiovascular diseases. Gaseous problems in the heart can be stopped immediately by the use of garlic. It also shows the surprising results in lowering the level of cholesterol in the body.
- Wheat: As per Ayurvedic science, wheat is one of the beautiful natural products to remove heart weakness. Wheat is known for many biochemical substances such as protein, iron, phosphorous, vitamins A and B, and many more. It is beneficial when the heartbeat increases after doing some minor physical work. How to use it? Grind wheat (15 grams), a little sugar, and water to strengthen your heart.
- Curd: Curd is one of the crucial nutritious food items for a healthy heart. In Ayurveda, the curd of a cow is called an elixir of life. There is a good correlation between curd and a healthy heart. The best example is Georgia, where the consumption of curd is maximum on an individual basis. Accordingly, the least people are affected with cardiac problems. Prof. George from the United States of America considers that curd is the best food for cardiac problems and also to lower the level of cholesterol. To make your heart healthy, more robust and diseases free, it’s suggested to take 100 grams of fresh curd every day at lunchtime.
- Jaggery (Molasses): Jaggery is abundant in calcium, magnesium, iron, and protein. It also has an adequate amount of glucose that strengthens the cardiac muscles. It boosts the heart’s efficiency and ensures a smooth flow of blood. It helps in the formation of Haemoglobin. It is suggested that one should take molasses instead of sugar to make your heart healthy. The optimum level of eating jaggery per day is 15-20 grams.
- Apple: We know that ‘One Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away’. Apple is one of the superfoods that removes the debility of your heart and protects you from cardiovascular diseases due to the presence of protein, iron, phosphorous, iron, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and other nutrients. Regular eating of apples is helpful to make your heart healthy even in old age. Apple contains pectin, which energises and boosts your heart and lowers cholesterol levels. Pectin is beneficial to remove toxic substances from the body.