What are the benefits of custard apple?
Custard Apple is full of vitamin C anti-oxidants, which help to combat many diseases and also enhances the immune system. Custard apple is abundant with potassium, magnesium, and contains vitamin A, calcium, copper, fiber, and phosphorous. It has high calorific value, able to provide sustained energy, and delicious in nature. The luscious fruit is eaten throughout the world.
Eating custard apple will help you to save from many diseases and disorders. The fruit is good for the heart, skin, and bone, and maintains blood pressure. Custard apple is also helpful in curing boils, ulcers, and gum related problems. The leaves of these fruits work against cancer and bark can be used in case of toothache and gum pain.
However, the most important advantages of custard apple are healthy heart, beneficial in pregnancy, improve eye vision, cure arthritis, fighting fatigue, and protects against anemia.
Health benefits of custard apple
Custard apple contains many nutrients and minerals that are beneficial for healthy living. The different nutrients with its health benefits are given as:
Vitamin C: Custard apple contains anti-oxidant vitamin C, which fights free radicals thereby preventing diseases.
Vitamin A: Vitamin A in fruits is beneficial in keeping skin and hair healthy. This vitamin is good for the eyes too.
Potassium: Potassium in the sweet fruits makes you active and removes the lethargies. Potassium also helps to fight muscle weakness.
Magnesium: Magnesium helps to maintain water balance in the body. It is good for arthritic patients by removing acids from joints.
Copper: Copper in custard apple works against constipation.
Fiber: It has plentiful fiber, which is helpful in smooth digestion and eases constipation.
Nutritional facts of custard apple
The 100 gram of custard apple is having nutrition in following forms: calories (80-101), protein (68g), fat (0.5g), carbohydrate (20g), fiber (0.9 g), calcium (17.6 mg), phosphorous (14.7mg), Iron (0.42 mg), carotene (0.007 mg), thiamine (0.075 mg), riboflavin (0.086 mg), niacin (0.528m), ascorbic acid (15 mg), nicotinic acid (0.5 mg).
Medicinal uses of custard apple
Custard apple has many medicinal benefits. The paste of the flesh of custard apple is beneficial to treat boils, abscesses, and ulcers. The dried crushed parts of custard apple are good in curing diarrhea and dysentery. Eating custard removes expectorants. The bark of the custard apple tree is used for herbal medicine because of containing astringents and tannins. The bark of the tree is used in the treatment of toothache too.
Top 10 benefits of custard apple
- The plenty of nutrients, especially magnesium in custard apple is good in the prevention of strokes and heart attacks.
- For healthy hair growth, the custard fruit is highly recommended.
- The fruit is good for the eyes due to the adequate presence of vitamin A.
- Regular intake of custard apple reduces the chances of rheumatism and other forms of arthritis as it helps influx out of excessive acids.
- The anemic patient should eat custard apple regularly as the fruit has a good percentage of iron.
- The obese person should avoid it but the fruit is good for underweight people to increase weight.
- As per the study, it has been found that custard apple is an excellent source of copper. Copper being a part of hemoglobin, the fruit is extremely suggested for pregnant women. For women who don’t have the necessary copper, there are chances of an early baby born.
- Brittleness of bone is also caused due to a lack of copper.
- Custard apples may be used as a substitute for milk by making the fruit into beverages.
- It contains vitamin B6, thus helpful in resolving the problem of sore tongue, convulsion, and depression.
Precautions: Obese people should avoid eating custard apple as it is a healthy food to gain weight. The kernel of the fruit is toxic.