The thinning of hair on the scalp is worrying everybody. Due to lifestyle changes, excessive stress, faulty dietary pattern, unbalanced diet, hormonal changes, vitamin deficiency, etc., hair fall has become common irrespective of age. Growing and re-growing hair is common if suitable measures are being adopted. Here, I am giving 7 easy & simple solutions as home remedies to prevent hair fall and hair loss.cc licensed ( BY ND ) flickr photo shared by faungg
1. Scalp massage to prevent hair loss
Massaging your scalp with natural oil is very very important to control hair loss. Massaging enhances blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp thereby helpful in strengthening the hair roots. Massaging is helpful in absorbing more and more nutrients in the hair follicles which result in fighting hair fall. Scalp massage helps to de-stress you, which is one of the prominent factors in hair fall. Massaging the scalp with natural oil is extremely beneficial in reducing hair fall. Massaging promotes relaxation.
2. List of herbal oil for massage
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is one of the most important hair oil. It is one of the few oils, which maintains moisture and shows antibacterial features due to lauric acid. Coconut milk is also an important natural product, which has tissue nourishing features and effective to control the reducing of hair.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which are good for hair and promoting hair follicles. Olive oil has an adequate amount of vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids.
- Almond oil: One of the best natural tips to make your hair strengthen and strong is to use almond oil massage. Almond oil is full of nutrients like vitamins E & D; minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium. Massaging with almond oil is effective in curing of hair thinning.
- Lavender oil: Massaging with lavender oil is good in reducing hair fall naturally due to t its antioxidants properties. Lavender oil is associated with antifungal and antiseptic properties. It controls dandruff and itching too.
- Rosemary oil: This oil promotes hair growth and fights hair loss.
3. Diet to prevent hair loss
A balanced diet is of utmost importance in controlling hair loss and re-growth of hair. Having the right foods mean boosting the growth and re-growth of hair as well as combating hair loss. Here, the list of the best diet to prevent hair fall is given. One should take a sufficient amount of salmon, soybeans, walnuts, sardines, and flaxseeds as all these foods are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which is good for hair and promoting hair growth. Zinc enriched foods (spinach, nuts, crabs, oyster, chicken) should be given priority. These are good in managing hair loss and growth of hair. Protein diet is very beneficial for hair growth and fighting hair loss. Protein is the foremost component of the hair shaft. A protein-rich diet such as milk, cheese, milk product, salmon, pulses, egg and soybean are good enough to prevent hair fall. Foods rich in vitamin A, B &C, as well as iron, are also good to solve the problem of hair fall. Vitamin B is good for hair growth and hair fall control. Vitamin C is essential in the prevention of graying of hair.
4. Ayurvedic herbs for hair loss
A number of Ayurveda herbs are beneficial in the prevention of hair loss. Indian gooseberry, Bhringaraj, Aloe Vera, etc., are used to fight hair loss and strengthening of hair follicles.
- Amla: How to use Amla for hair loss? To prevent hair fall, the combination of Amla and coconut oil is used. Take a few Amla, cut them into small pieces followed by dried them in shade. Now, boil the coconut oil and put these dried pieces of amla into hot coconut oil. Let it be cool. Strained the Amla pieces. Massage your scalp with this oil and wash the same with lukewarm water after 3-4 hours. Indian gooseberry is associated with properties such as anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, antibacterial and exfoliating, thus good for hair growth and regrowth.
- Aloe Vera (Ghritkumari): Aloe vera is a known ayurvedic herb for the prevention of hair fall. It prevents the clogging of hair follicles so that the follicles get sufficient nutrients to growth and re-growth of hair. Pure aloe vera juice can directly apply over the scalp to prevent hair loss that happens due to irritation or infection of the scalp. A thick paste is made from the combination of Aloe vera (half cup), castor oil (2 tsp), fenugreek powder (2 tsp) and basil powder (2 tsp). Apply the paste over your scalp before going to bed and wash in the morning. It not only strengthens your hair yet also reduces the thinning of hair. Aloe vera shampoo can be prepared with the combination of aloe gel, coconut milk and wheat germ oil. Massage your scalp and wash with lukewarm water.
- Neem treatment: Massaging the scalp with the extract of neem helps in controlling dandruff and keeps the lice at bay. Boil the Neem leaves in water until it reduces to half. Strained it after getting cool. Apply the mixture over your scalp followed by washing it after one hour with lukewarm water. One should use it twice a week.
5. Meditation and Pranayama for hair loss
Pranayama and meditation are acting like stress-buster and mood elevator. These ancient systems of health care philosophy have in-depth potential to reduce and manage stress, strain, and tension of the modern faulty lifestyle. Meditation and Pranayama have the power to contend stress hormones by lowering psychological and psychophysical distress. It taps into many mechanisms that have additive and even multiplicative effects. The dynamism of Meditation and Pranayama brings synergy to the body’s ability to stay calm and focused thus helps in the tranquility of mood swings. The fine subtleties of it act as a buffer nullifying the effects of anxiety and angst. Thus, it is a rewarding and intrinsically motivating way to stay cool and feel stress-free.
6. Curd for hair loss prevention
If you want to say goodbye to hair fall, it is better to use curd along with other ingredients to fight hair loss. Curd is one of the powerful natural tips and effective home remedies to prevent hair loss and thinning of hair. To minimize the effect of thinning of hair, it is suggested that one should apply the paste of curd and lemon. Apply this over your scalp and left it for about 20-30 minutes followed by washing with lukewarm water. The application of curd and gram flour over the scalp helps to penetrate the nutrients into the hair follicles that reduce irritation, dandruff and infection over the scalp region. The mix of curd and pepper, when applied over the scalp and wash the same with lukewarm water, is helpful in prevention of hair fall and strengthening of hair follicles. The application of curd and fenugreek powder is an effective home remedy to control hair fall. Apply the paste of curd and honey over your scalp to maintain hair moisture
7. Natural packs for hair fall
There are lots of preventive home remedies packs that can be used to stop hair loss naturally.
- Applying the paste of curd, henna, and eggs over your scalp followed by washing it after 10-15 minutes, is effective for hair fall problems.
- To have shining and healthy hair, it is suggested to apply the paste of aloe vera, Indian gooseberry, and neem powder over the scalp.
- The mix of coconut oil, honey, and cinnamon powder is a good home remedy for the treatment of hair fall.
- Washing the scalp with neem water followed by massaging with apple vinegar is a good home remedy for hair fall and dandruff.
- The application of coconut oil, lime water, and lime juice is good to control hair loss.
Hair fall reasons
There are many factors responsible for the loss of hair. Some of the important causes are being enumerated below.
- Stress: Stress, anxiety and unvarying tension are the vital factors of hair loss. Gradually, it is thinning your hair without noticing it.
- Improper nutrition: Since hair is made up of keratin protein, so a balanced diet is essential for the growth of hair. For the proper growth of hair, it is extremely important that the diet should contain an adequate percentage of protein and iron.
- Genetics: If somebody in your family has baldness, there is a great possibility of thinning your hair too. Women generally faceless thinning of hair.
- Medications: Hair fall due to medication is temporary.
- Thyroid problems: Thyroid disorders like hypothyroid and hyperthyroid can lead to hair fall. But it can be prevented if someone does yoga-like Matsyasana, Halasana, Sarvangasana and Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Fungal infections: Some fungal infections are mild such as ringworm while others are stubborn where medicine is required. To minimize the impact of fungal infection, it is suggested that one shouldn’t share clothes, towels, and combs.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy causes hair loss but the phase is transient and the pregnant mother recovers the loss of hair after sometimes giving birth.
- Undue hairstyling: Undue hair styling is not good in favor of hair health.
- Aging: With age, thinning of hair is common. But it can be prevented by taking a protein-rich diet such as beans, dairy products, fish, nuts, and a diet containing omega 3 fatty acids.
- Hormonal changes: The high or low levels of hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone are responsible for the thinning of hair from the scalp.
Question-Answer related to Hair Fall
Q-How many strands normally one loses daily?
A-Normally, one loses approximately 80-100 strands per day due to the end of the hair strand life cycle. However, it is being replaced by new strands.
Q-What is Alopecia?
A-Loss of hair in patches is called Alopecia, which is irreversible in nature.
Q-Which is the best oil for prevention of hair fall?
A-Coconut oil is the best oil for the prevention of hair loss.
Q-How many strands of hair on a person’s scalp?
A– There are about One Lakh strands of hair on a normal person’s scalp.