Premature hair fall is typical in men due to some critical causative factors. For thinning of fair, some crucial reasons are age, hereditary, pregnancy, bleaching, colouring, menopause, PCOS, stress, diabetes, medications, illness, etc. Many cost-effective solutions are available which can naturally prevent hair loss. Here, some of the critical hair fall prevention steps, home remedies to control hair loss, and natural tips are given, which can be tried at home to stop hair permanently.
How to control hair loss naturally
If you are using synthetic chemicals to stop hair loss, it is temporary and simultaneously brings many side effects. Using the easiest, most straightforward, and most inexpensive ways to make your hair grow faster, shining, glowing, and controlling thinning prematurely is better.
- Scalp massage: Massaging your head with fingertips helps to enhance blood circulation and makes your hair follicle energetic and active. Massaging gently helps improve blood circulation, thereby contributing to hair re-growth. Method: Massage your scalp with coconut oil, lavender oil, almond oil, amla oil, or sesame oil for 5 to 10 minutes and leave it for the whole night, followed by washing the same in the morning with fresh water and herbal shampoo. Do the practice twice a week for positive results.
- Stress buster ways: Try to find those ways which help reduce stress, strain, and tension. Meditation and Pranayamas (Anulom Vilom and Bhramri) effectively alleviate anxiety and depression, thus controlling hair fall.
- Protein-rich foods: Protein-rich foods such as soy, fish, lean meat, yeast, eggs, beans, and yoghurt are good for treating hair loss and preventing baldness.
- Say no to junk foods: Avoid oily, junk, and fried foods, as these diets are the primary culprits in reducing hair loss. One should restrict burgers, sugary foods, caffeine, carbonated drinks, excessive tofu, etc., as preventive steps for hair thinning.
- Vitamin: Vitamin plays an essential role in preventing hair fall and controlling baldness. Massaging with vitamin E oil is effective for hair growth and fragile hair. Vitamin A (sweet potato), B, C, and Biotin prevent hair fall and stimulate hair growth.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda medicines are even prescribed by the modern doctor for hair fall treatment. Eating white sesame seeds; applying mashed ingredients of beans + fenugreek; rubbing the scalp with castor oil, mustard oil, and coconut oil; eating ginger & honey; all these are helpful in the prevention of hair fall.
- Homeopathy medicine: Arsenicum album, graphites, thuja, silica, phosphorous, lycopodium, and kali carbonicum are essential as natural hair loss remedies.
- Yoga poses: Yoga asanas such as Sirsasana (Headstand Pose) and Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand pose) protect hair and strengthen it internally. These poses also enhance the flow of blood.
- Avoid alcohol, beverages, harsh shampoo, conditioners, stiff hairstyles & braids, pro-inflammatory foods
- Apple cider vinegar: Rinsing the hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea is good for hair growth
- Licorice Milk: When the paste of liquorice extract and milk is applied on the scalp, it is helpful in the prevention of baldness and hair growth.
- Nature cure: One should give more weight to fresh vegetables and salads. Green vegetables, sprouts, legumes, and new and seasonal fruits should be preferred.
- Oil for hair: The oil that is good for hair growth and thinning of hair control is sesame oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil, mustard oil, olive oil, canola oil, egg oil, and aroma oil. It is suggested that one massage their scalp with either oil as an effective home remedy for hair.
- Fatty acid: Take Omega-3 fatty acid-rich foods like egg yolks, milk, and fish eggs; all are potent agents to minimise the intensity of hair thinning.
- Yogurt: The mix of amla, shikaki powder, and curd is good for treating hair. The paste is applied over the scalp and left for 10-15 minutes, then washed with fresh water. This is one of the excellent home remedies to treat hair. When applied over the scalp and washed after 30 minutes, the mix of curd, lemon, and mustard oil is helpful.
- Warm towel treatment: First, dip a towel in hot water and squeeze it correctly. Now, you can cover your head with a warm towel and leave it for 10 minutes. Remove your towel and feel the difference in the thinning of hair.
- Use of Henna: Applying Henna over the scalp is an excellent choice as it strengthens the hair follicles and cuticle. It also protects hair from thinning.
- Sebaceous gland rubbing: The gentle rubbing of the sebaceous gland on the scalp is beneficial in increasing blood circulation, thereby helping prevent hair loss.
- Indian Gooseberry: Amla is a fantastic herbal product for curing hair problems because of its rich vitamin C and features anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, and exfoliating. Method: Use the paste of Indian gooseberry and lemon juice paste on the scalp with smooth rubbing, leaving it overnight. Wash the same in the morning.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek or methi has phytochemical compounds, such as hormones, protein, and nicotinic acid, which help stimulate hair re-growth and strengthening. Method: Put the fenugreek seeds into a bowl filled with water. Let it soak overnight. Grind it to make a paste and apply the same over the scalp. Wash your head after 30 minutes.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera promotes hair growth because of enzyme presence and alkaline properties. Method: Apply the aloe vera gel on the scalp and leave the same for 2-3 hours. Wash it with fresh water. It may be used twice or thrice a week. Aloe vera treats hair, heals the scalp, and cleanses the pores.
- Onion extract: Onion juice is good for hair care because of the sulfur compound, which promotes collagen production—method: Chop one onion and extract its juices. Apply the liquid to the scalp and leave it for 20 minutes. Now rinse it with fresh water. One can use it twice or thrice a week.
- Green Tea: Green tea prevents hair because it is enriched with antioxidants. Method: Warm two tablespoons of green tea into a cup of water. Now, filter it and cool down the extract. Apply the section on the scalp, and it stays for 20 minutes. Rinse with water; practice the same twice a week.
- Garlic: Garlic has a sulfur compound, which helps in strengthening and re-growth hair. Method: Take garlic and separate the cloves. Crush it to have its juice. Mix the juice with coconut oil and boil it for a few minutes. Now, Cool the ingredients; apply on the scalp, leave it for 20-30 minutes, and rinse the same with clean water. Practice it twice a week.
- Hibiscus juice: Hibiscus effectively controls hair fall, dandruff, and baldness. Method: Make a juice by crushing the hibiscus flower; add sesame oil to it to make a paste. Could you apply the paste on the head and let it stay there for a few hours? Could you wash it and do the procedure twice a week?