What is memory loss?
Memory loss or amnesia is a condition when people generally forget or unable to recall the name of person, place, event, etc. In case of short term and long term memory, the concerned person exert more and more thrust upon his mind to recall the happenings and activities of the past. The very main cause of amnesia is the weakening of brain cells. Though memory loss was generally observed in older people but now it is being also seen with adult. Homeopathy medicines can be used in the treatment of memory loss (1).
Image courtesy: Ministry of Ayush
- Impairment of brain cells
- Weakening of brain
- Stress and anxiety
8 fruits for memory loss management
- Almond: If you are feeling the problems of forgetfulness, taking almond is good option to strengthen the brain. Soaked 5-6 almonds overnight after removing its skin. Inhaling of almond oil is also beneficial for brain health.
- Apple: Apple is rich in boron, which is known as memory enhancement biochemical substance.
- Date: Dates are excellent for weak memory people. Especially, the aged people and post-menopausal women should eat this amazing fruit on regular basis.
- Indian gooseberry: Indian gooseberry or its juice very beneficial for those who are having weak concentration.
- Indian pennywort: The leaves of Brahmi are known to improve the retentive and receptive capacity of the mind. The half a teaspoonful of powdered brahmi leaves in a glass of milk help in improving of mental weakness.
- Pomegranate: Its juice mixed with honey is good for the amnesia patient.
- Prune: Taking of 3-4 prunes is beneficial for old and debilitated people.
- Walnut: The eating of this fruit increase the secretion of neuro enzymes and good for strengthening the brain.
10 home remedies to improve memory loss
- Asafoetida: It is known as brain tonic and strengthens the brain and nervous system. Boil two cups of water and one teaspoonful of hing, cool it and sip it slowly for mental alertness.
- Black pepper: The grounded powder of black pepper is good for dementia patients.
- Cabbage: It is beneficial for those who are having Alzheimer‟s disease.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon powder and honey helps to improve memory.
- Clove: The powder of cloves and mustard seeds helps enhance concentration.
- Coriander seed: Boil one teaspoon of coriander seed with 2 glasses of milk and four glasses of water till it reduce to half. Use it in the morning and evening, in aging and having the issue of cerebro-vascular accident.
- Cumin seeds: It is termed as brain food. Use of powder of black cumin seeds and honey do wonders in children, especially who are dyslexic and having the conditions of attention deficit disorder.
- Poppy seeds: The use of the decoction of poppy seeds is good for weak memory.
- Rosemary: It is an herb for remembrance and helps in conditions like mental fatigue and forgetfulness.
- Sage leaves: It helps to improve focus and concentration.
12 Homoeopathic medicines for memory loss treatment
- Anacardium 30 C: In cases of absent-mindedness, especially in students Anacardium 30 C may be given after every six hours.
- Calcarea Carb 200 C: This medicine can be given to forgetfulness in fat and flabby people due to overwork. Four pills of it can be taken twice a day.
- Arnica 200 C: If somebody has memory loss due to injury to the head, the four pills of Arnica 200 C can be taken thrice a day.
- Cannabis Indica 30 C: Four pills of it can be taken twice a day if somebody has excess forgetfulness.
- Opium 200 C: Diabetic patients are experiencing feeble memory. They can be given Opium 200 C, four pills twice a day.
- Zinc 30 C: It is recommended to those children who are having dull intellect and repeats everything. Four pills of the medicine can be give four times a day.
- Sulphur 200 C: This is suggested for the person who is lazy, irritable and weak memory. It can be given four pills once a week for two months.
- Baryta Carb 30 C: Four pills of Baryta Carb 30 C are given after every six hours who are having mental weakness, inattention and confusion.
- Picric Acid 30 C: Picric Acid 30 C is given to those students who do very hard work in their study but start developing memory loss during the exam. Four pills of it can be given thrice a day.
- Zinc Phos 30 C: Those who are having mental weakness associated with nervousness and sleeplessness. Zinc Phos 30 C can be given four pills thrice a day.
- Cocculus Ind 30 C: Those who are easily distracted and also having the issues of memory. Four pills of Cocculus Ind 30 C can be given after six hours.
- Staphysagria 30 C: Staphysagria 30 C is given memory problems due to emotional excitement or too much of sexual indulgence.
Top facts about memory loss
- It is more common in people who are sufferings from stress, anxiety and depression, irregular sleep and psychological illnesses.
- Doing yoga, pranayama and meditation helps improve concentration.
- Outdoor game is also effective for the condition.
- Sudden forgetfulness is very rare.
- Deficiencies of zinc, iron and boron may lead to lack of concentration.
- Adequate sleep of 7-8 hours is good for memory.