Homeopathy and cough
Coughing helps to clear the airways but excessive coughing indicates some diseases and disorders. Some coughs are dry while some are productive. Productive cough is accompanied by sputum. Treating cough through homeopathy is easy. Homeopathy offers innumerable remedies for cough and colds. It is the homeopathic system in Alternative Medicine, where different types of cough are addressed by different medicines. Babies are the worst hit for cough and cold. It is safe for babies too.
- Cold and flu
- Allergies i.e smoke, dust
- Lung infections i.e. bronchitis
- Heart failure
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Tickley coughs
- Dry coughs
- Wet coughs
- Chesty coughs
- Croupy coughs
- Asthmatic cough
- Spasmodic cough
- Nocturnal cough
Homeopathy has remedies for all types of coughs.
10 best homeopathic remedies for cough
There are many homeopathic remedies and homeopathic treatments of coughs. Some of the important natural remedies and medicines are given below. Treating cough through homeopathy is safest.
- Pulsatilla: This homeopathic medicine is given when the patient is having the following symptoms.
- Dry and unsteady cough
- At night, one wakes up again and again due to coughing.
- Coughing leads to chest pain
- Stuffy nose and mucous is of thick and greenish nature
2. Nux vomica: The homeopathic medicine Nux vomica is given when cough is unbearable with a feeling of excess chillness. The other symptoms associated with it are:
- Dry cough
- Breathing problems, which leads to headache
- Sensitive to noise
- The patient is impatient, aggressive, and restless
3. Kali bich: The homeopathic medicine Kali bich is given on the following physiological conditions.
- The most important symptom is obdurate and stubborn cough
- Mucous choking the nasal and sinuses, causing pain in the nose
- Dry cough in the morning seems to be gagging.
- Morning hour is highly uncomfortable
4. Phosphorous: The homeopathic medicine Phosphorus is prescribed for the following symptoms.
- Anything changes in breathing leads to a cough
- It is associated with a dry and hard cough.
- Breathing uncomfortable and feeling of tightness across the chest
- Thrust for cold drinks and simultaneously vomiting
- The patient is impulsive and vulnerable.
- Disturb sleeping and the patient sit up for coughing.
- Phosphorous is also a good remedy for hepatic coughs, anemic coughs, and reflex coughs.
5. Bryonia: The homeopathic medicine Bryonia is given on the following symptoms.
- Painful dry cough and gets worse after movement.
- wakeful night due to pain
- Expectorant is scanty.
6. Hepar Sulph: Hepar Sulph is accompanied by the following health conditions.
- Dry cough accompanied with chillness
- Phlegm is yellowish in color.
- Choking cough
7. Natrum mur: It is given under the following conditions.
- Dry cough
- Thick and white mucous
- It is restless throughout the day.
- The patient is seen with grief, heartbreaks, and past memories.
8. Rumex crispus: It is given under the following conditions.
- Dry cough and persistent in nature
- Pain across the lungs region.
9. Spongia: This medicine is suitable under the following conditions.
- Hard and sounding cough, which aggravates after deep breathing and excitement.
- Little or no expectorant
- Suffocative coughs
10. Hyoscyamus: It is beneficial under the following physiological conditions.
- Dry and spasmodic
- Good for night cough
- Trachea irritation
In spite of this, there are many homeopathic drugs/medicines/natural remedies that may be taken to treat cough. Some of the important homeopathic medicines for cough are:
- Aconite napellus
- Antimonium tartaricum
- Sticta pulmonaria
- Coccus cacti
- Antimony Tart
- Spongia Tosat
- Cuprum met
- Corralium Rubrum
Wonder tips to prevent
- Avoid sugar or sugary substances as it slows down the activity of the immune system for a few hours.
- Eat healthy, fresh, and natural foods
- Rest is of utmost important
- Makes your mucous membrane hydrated.
- Avoid smoking
- Do breathing exercises-Yoga
- Black pepper along with honey brings great relief in coughing.
- Dark chocolate contains Theobromine, which helps to suppress cough.
Cough suppressants side effects
There are many cough suppressants i.e. pholcodine, dextromethorphan, bromhexine, guaipenesin etc., which are associated with many side effects.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, and throat
- Severe dizziness
- Shallow breathing
- Lack of coordination