In the United States of America (USA), people are very health conscious. It is one of the top countries spending on proper food and nutrition and its research and development. Fruits are an integral part of a balanced diet and simultaneously prevent one from many diseases and conditions. A recently conducted survey in 2021 found that the banana is the most favorite fruit in the USA. About 63% of people responded that they purchased bananas. We are discussing some crucial fruits widespread across various states of the USA.
List of USA super fruits and their unique benefits
Banana is the most affordable fruit in the USA. If we see the marketing of fruit sales in the USA, its share is about 11 % of overall fruit sales in the US.
- Banana helps to weight gain.
- It lowers blood pressure
- It strengthens your bone and teeth.
- It is beneficial in case of stomach ulcer
- The fruit is good for memory and may be bone for Alzheimer’s.
- It is suitable for anemia patients.
- It is also helpful for healthy vision.
About 50-56 % of people purchase strawberries. This is the second most sought-after fruit in the USA. Strawberries have an adequate amount of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It also contains antioxidants and
It is beneficial in case of the following circumstances:
- Heart disease
- High Blood Pressure
Grapes are the third most consumed fruit in the USA.
- Constipation cure
- Cancer Prevention
- Beat fatigue
- Helps to reduce hypertension
- Good digestion
- It’s an anti-aging
- Helps in Alzheimer’s treatment
Apple is the fourth most consumed food.
It is helpful in the case of the following cases.
- Weight loss
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Healthy heart
- Prevents cancer
- Controls diabetes
- Parkinson’s protection
- Protects against stroke
- Respiratory problems
- Skincare and beauty
Watermelon is the fifth most consumed fruit in the USA. For the latest and updated information on watermelon, one can CLICK
Orange is the sixth most eaten fruit in the various states of the USA. Please read the amazing benefits of Orange.
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, especially Anthocyanin, which helps boost the body’s immune system.
- The numerous anti-oxidants help to neutralize the free radicals and reduce the aging process.
- Blueberries contain carotenoids, flavonoids, vitamins C, E, and A, and minerals like selenium, zinc, and phosphorous that are beneficial for the eyes.
Lemon is the eighth most recommended fruit in the US. For details information on lemon, please click here
Its rank is ninth as per its popularity. Know the potential benefits of peaches
- Avocado is abundant with lutein, a natural product that prevents muscular degeneration, thus, suitable for eye diseases.
- Beta-sitosterol helps to lower the level of cholesterol.
- Eating Avocado is good for preventing prostate, oral, and breast cancers.
- Avocado contains folate, vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, and glutathione, all lower the incidence of heart disease.
Other fruits are also given importance in the USA
Kiwi fruits have adequate vitamins, flavonoids, antioxidants, and minerals. It is plenty of vitamin C, folic acid, micro-nutrients, and potassium.
- Eating Kiwi is good for eye vision and muscular degeneration.
- Kiwi is known to have more vitamin C than oranges and is a good source of antioxidants, thus reducing the anti-aging process.
- The high fiber content helps with diabetes.
- It is also helpful in diseases like asthma, wheezing, coughing, colon cancer, etc.
- It has an adequate amount of micronutrients such as calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
- Mangosteen effectively prevents many diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancer.
- It is known as the Queen of Fruits.
- Known for various biochemical compounds such as catechins, polysaccharides, quinones, stilbenes, polyphenols, xanthones, etc.
- Goji Berry is filled with plenty of anti-oxidants and other biochemicals that help prevent cancer and cardiac disease and lower bad cholesterol.
- The presence of vitamin A boosts the immune system and is suitable for eye vision.
- It prevents the damage of brain cells and thus protects from Alzheimer’s disease.
- The polysaccharides of it are beneficial to make you look younger.
- Goji is also known for weight loss and longevity and reduces blood pressure.
- It also has side effects and may interact with anticoagulants.
- Cranberry is good for heart diseases by lowering bad cholesterol and preventing the formation of a fatty layer in the arterial walls.
- Cranberries are good for weight loss as they are packed with antioxidants that smooth metabolism and digestion.
- New research has also shown that these berries prevent the multiplication of breast cancer cells.
- It is also helpful for kidney stone problems because of citric acid.
- Regular intake of Noni juice helps to grow hair faster and makes one energetic and helpful in sound sleep.
- Noni juice makes skin tone, improves memory, and increases sex life.
- It is suitable for IQ and ADHD children.
- It helps to reduce cancer progression and minimizes the impact of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- In the case of AIDS patients, it may be used as a health promoter and immunity developer.
- It is also useful for diabetic patients as well as skin diseases.
- Sea buckthorn contains vitamins C, E, and K, folate, carotenoids, sterols, flavonoids, and fatty acids.
- Recent studies have shown that Sea buckthorn is beneficial in Cancer.
- The presence of flavones prevents checking blood flow to the heart, thus being good for cardiovascular disease.
- It contains palmitoleic acid, which may be used in case of burns, wound healing, and skin diseases.
- Having enough Vitamin C thereby strengthens the immune system.
- Rich in antioxidants, omega fatty acids, protein, and fiber.
- Acai berry is known as an immune booster and energy enhancer.
- Acai acts as anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic.
- It is one of the best superfruits and aids in weight loss.
- Due to the high amount of antioxidants, it benefits the healthier glowing of skin.