Unani and Diabetes
Diabetes Mellitus (Zayabetus) is one of the essential lifestyle-related disorders most widespread in urban areas. Diabetes (Zayabetus) is characterized by Excessive thrust, Excessive urination, Excessive increase of appetite, and the collapse of sexual function. The disease is associated with Polydypsia (Atash-e-Mufrit) and Polyuria (Kasrat –e-Baul). In the case of Diabetes (Zayabetus), the sugar level in the blood increases due to the lesser production of Insulin through the Pancreas. Unani offers many natural medicines with no side effects to treat diabetes.
- Frequent Urination
- Excessive thrust
- Always feeling hungriness
- Tiredness and Weakness are common
- Weight variation
- The low urge for Sex
- Infaalat-e-Nafsania (psychological function) e.g., stress, anxiety, strain, and tension
- Excessive use of Alcohol
- Sedentary mode of lifestyle
12 top Unani medicines for a diabetes cure
- Kernel of Jamun Seeds (Syzygium cumini): Jamun seeds help control sugar and ease Diabetic symptoms. It is a good question about how to use Jamun Kernel. For this, take about 50-70 grams of Jamun Kernel, dry it, and make a fine powder. Use the mixture twice a day, along with water. Chewing Jamun leaves also suggested for Diabetic patients.
- Karela Bark, Bitter Gourd/Bitter Melon (Momordica Charantia): Bitter Gourd and its health benefits are astounding. Bitter melon is an essential vegetable for many diseases. Karela is one of the crucial vegetables in managing and preventing diabetes. For the patient who has Diabetes, it is suggested to take Karela juice twice or thrice a day. Using Karela juice (20 ml) twice a day helps lower down sugar in the blood and cure diabetes. Bitter melon has plant insulin-polypeptide-P, a bio-chemical useful in reducing blood sugar. Bitter gourd can also be used as a bitter gourd recipe, bitter gourd tea, dishes, curry, and soup.
- Neem for Diabetes Cure (Azadirachta indica): Neem is beneficial in purifying blood. For diabetic treatment, a tender shoot of neem is used. Take 50 grams of tender neem leaves and grind them in 100 ml water. Strain the mixture. It is suggested that the extract should be taken in the morning for a better solution to Zayabetus (diabetes). Neems are also used in the form of Neem powder and toothpaste (for strong teeth).
- Binola Seeds for Diabetes Cure-Cotton seeds (Gossypium herbaceum) reduce blood sugar due to natural antioxidants Borage oil. To make cotton seed extract, take 2 grams of cotton seeds. Boil these seeds in 1000 ml of water until reduced to 300 ml. Strain the mixture and use the quote twice a day.
- Falsa Berry and Diabetes: Falsa berry is used to minimize the symptoms of diabetes. It is a helpful extract for diabetic patients. For the preparation of soakedlsa berry extract, take 10 grams of it. It soaked the recommended quantity of falsa overnight in 200 ml of water. Strain it and drink the same in the morning.
- Bel Leaves and Diabetic Treatment: Grind some Bel (Aegle marmelos) leaves in about 100 ml water and strain the mixture. Drink the extract in the morning. Bel leaves are also used to treat high blood pressure, menstrual problems, peptic ulcers, constipation, piles, and indigestion.
- Kalonji Black cumin is also used in diabetic patients.
- Qurs Zayabetus
- Jawarish Jalinoos
- Jawarish Zarooni
- Kushta Post Baiza Murgh
- Kushta Zamarrud
Diabetes prevention through Unani
- Some forms of regular aerobic exercises are needed.
- Take your diet as planned in your dietary chart.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, and sleeping during the daytime
- A sedentary lifestyle is harmful.
- Stress, strain, tension, and anxiety should be avoided.
- Do Yogasana, Pranayama and Meditation
- Avoid fast, junk, non-veg., and sugary foods.
- Preferred short-interval meals.
- A sound sleep of about 7-8 hours should be taken at night only.
- Weight maintenance should be necessary as per sex, age, and height.
- Give more weight to fibrous foods.