Unani and Diabetes
Diabetes Mellitus (Zayabetus) is one of the most important lifestyle-related disorders that are most widespread in urban areas. Diabetes (Zayabetus) is characterized by Excessive thrust, Excessive urination, Excessive increase of appetite, and the collapse of sexual function. The disease is associated with Polydypsia (Atash-e-Mufrit) and Polyuria (Kasrat –e-Baul).
In the case of Diabetes (Zayabetus), the level of sugar in the blood increases due to the lesser production of Insulin through the Pancreas.
Symptoms of diabetes (zayabetus)
- Frequent Urination
- Excessive thrust
- Always feeling of hungriness
- Tiredness and Weakness are common
- Weight variation
- The low urge for Sex
Causes of zayabetus
- Infaalat-e-Nafsania (psychological function) e.g. stress, anxiety, strain, and tension
- Excessive use of Alcohol
- Sedentary mode of lifestyle
Unani medicine for Diabetes cure
- Kernel of Jamun Seeds (Syzygium cumini): Jamun seeds are very helpful in controlling sugar and help to ease Diabetic symptoms. It is a good question how to use Jamun Kernel. For this, take about 50-70 grams of Jamun Kernel; dry it and make a fine powder of the same. Use the mixture twice a day along with water. Chewing of Jamun leaves is also suggested to Diabetic patients.
- Karela Bark, Bitter Gourd/Bitter Melon (Momordica Charantia): Bitter Gourd and health benefits are wonderful. Bitter melon is a very important vegetable for many diseases. Karela is one of the important vegetables in the management and prevention of diabetes. For the patient suffering from Diabetes, it is suggested to take Karela juice twice or thrice a day. Using Karela juice (20 ml) twice a day is helpful in lowering down sugar from the blood and cure diabetes. Bitter melon has plant insulin-polypeptide-P, a bio-chemicals useful in reducing blood sugar. Bitter gourd can also be used as a bitter gourd recipe, bitter gourd tea, dishes, curry, and soup.
- Neem for Diabetes Cure (Azadirachta indica): Neem is very useful in purifying blood. For diabetic treatment, a tender shoot of neem is used. Take 50 grams of tender neem leaves and grind it in 100 ml of water. Strain the mixture. It is suggested that the extract should be taken in the morning for a better solution to Zayabetus (diabetes). Neems are also used in the form of Neem powder and toothpaste (for strong teeth).
- Binola Seeds for Diabetes Cure-Cotton seeds (Gossypium herbaceum) reduce blood sugar due to the presence of natural antioxidants Borage oil. To make cotton seed extract, take 2 grams of cotton seeds. Boil these seeds in 1000 ml of water until reduced to 300ml. Strain the mixture and use the extract twice a day.
- Falsa Berry and Diabetes: Falsa berry is used in minimizing the symptoms of diabetes. For the preparation of Falsa berry extract, take 10 grams of it. Soaked the recommended quantity of falsa overnight in 200 ml of water. Strain it and drink the same in the morning. It is a useful extract for diabetic patients.
- Bel Leaves and Diabetic Treatment: Grind some quantity of Bel (Aegle marmelos) leaves in about 100 ml water and strain the mixture. Drink the extract in the morning. Bel leaves are also used in the treatments of high blood pressure, menstrual problems, peptic ulcer, constipation, piles, and indigestion.
- Kalonji Black cumin is also used in diabetic patients.
- Qurs Zayabetus
- Jawarish Jalinoos
- Jawarish Zarooni
- Kushta Post Baiza Murgh
- Kushta Zamarrud
Unani diabetes prevention
- Some forms of regular aerobic exercises are needed.
- Take your diet as planned in your dietary chart.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, and sleeping during the day time
- A sedentary lifestyle is harmful.
- Stress, strain, tension, anxiety should be avoided.
- Do Yogasana, Pranayama and Meditation
- Avoid fast, junk, non-veg., and sugary foods.
- Preferred short interval meals.
- A sound sleep of about 7-8 hours should be taken at night only.
- Weight maintains should be given importance as per sex, age, and height.
- Give more weight to fibrous foods.