Diabetes is a modern lifestyle disorder where the blood sugar levels increase and result in its elimination through urine. The high amount of sugar in the blood means lesser production of insulin hormones through the pancreas. Siddha medicines strengthen the pancreas, regulate the smooth flow of insulin and enhance glucose tolerance. In Siddha, diabetes is known by different names such as MadhuMegham, Pramagham, Neerizhivu, etc.
Top causes of diabetes
Due to our faulty lifestyle, these days, diabetes has been attacking people for ten years in comparison to the past when it was generally seen in people after 50 years. But in the modern culture, you may see people in the ’30s with sugar. The main essential reasons for diabetes are:
- Lack of physical activity (outdoor exercises)
- Wrong dietary habits
Top symptoms of diabetes
- Frequent urination, which is sticky
- Excess thrust
- Always feeling of hunger
- Feeling of tiredness
- Weakness is common
- Bodyweight issue
Diabetic consequences and implications
Diabetic patients may encounter different complications such as heart attack or stroke, kidney problems, erectile dysfunctions, gastroparesis (condition of stomach nerve damage), low sexual urge, retinal vein problems, nerve damage, and sometimes the patient may go into diabetic coma, amputation of legs and blindness.
Siddha medicine for diabetes
Instead of depending totally upon modern medicines (allopathic), one can try a natural treatment like Siddha medicine for curing diabetes mellitus. Modern medicines may bring side effects such as allergies and other complications, while Siddha medicine without any side effects can be taken. Such natural medicines also strengthen the pancreas and regulate the smooth flow of insulin. Siddha is an effective natural treatment modality for diabetes cure—the herbal remedies of Siddha help to reduce sugar levels and enhance glucose tolerance. Many Siddha medicines can be used for the treatment of diabetes mellitus. A list of a few medications is given here.
- Seenthil Kudineer
- Seenthi Choornam
- Vilva Kudineer
- Avarai Kudineer
- Madhumegha Choornam
- Nyavalkottai Choornam
- Silasathu parpam
- Abraka Chendooram
- Triphala Choornam
Siddha herbs for diabetes control
- Tinospora cord fails
- Euginea jambolena
- Trigonella foenum
- Aegle marmelos
- Phyllanthus emblica
- Gymnema sylvestre
- Andrograhis paniculata
Home remedies to control diabetes
- Bitter gourd: Bitter gourd juice helps treat diabetes. How to use it? Extract half a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice. Drink it in the morning.
- Bengal gram: It helps in glucose tolerance. How to use it? Eat Bengal gram (channa) twice or thrice a day.
- Fenugreek water: Regular drinking of methi water helps control diabetes. How to use it? Dissolve about 11/2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds into one cup of water before going to bed. Drink its water on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Neem leaves: Neem leaves are one of the effective means to combat diabetes. How to use it? Chew it in the morning and sip its juice. The chewing and eating of Neem and Bilva leaves also show fruitful results. Chew three leaves each of Neem, Belpatras, and basil and eat this with one glass of water in the morning.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Amla is rich in vitamin C and therapeutically good for diabetic patients. How to use it? Regular intake of Indian gooseberry juice helps lower sugar by making it active and refreshes the pancreatic cells. The mix of honey (1 tsp), turmeric powder (1/2 tsp), and dried Indian gooseberry powder (1 tsp), if taken twice a day, is helpful in the management of sugar levels.
Siddha diabetic precautions
- Avoid or try to skip negative health domains such as stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Move towards nature and nature cure.
- Foodstuffs having sugary components should be avoided competently.
- Strictly avoid oily foods, especially from restaurants, malls, hotels, etc.
- Do physical exercises such as Yoga, walking, brisk walking, swimming, etc., on a routine basis.
- Consult your doctor and discuss the matter.
- Avoid beverages such as alcohol, cold drinks, and smoking.
- Check your weight regularly.
- Eating of fibrous and roughage should be given importance.
- Avoid foodstuffs with fats, cholesterol, oils, etc.