In the modern lifestyle, infertility is gradually spreading its tentacles. The most important factor for infertility is Ovulation disorders, but other causes contribute to the condition, too. For infertility, only women are not responsible. In 40% of cases, the causes of infertility are males, and 40% of credit goes to females, where males and females are responsible for 10% of cases. Siddha medicine, also known as ‘Siddha Vaidya’, has many therapeutic values in curing and treating infertility.
Female infertility causes
There may be many reasons for infertility. Some of the critical factors are below:
- Problems in the fallopian tube
- Ovulation disorders (It is the most critical factor for infertility. )
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOD)
- Early menopause
- Medications (thyroid problems, diabetes, excess caffeine intake, cancer)
- Benign uterine fibroids
- Pelvic adhesions
- Stress and anxiety lead to psychosomatic disorders.
- Cervicitis, where the discharge kills the sperm.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Sperm infections (viral)
- Vaginal infections
- Venereal diseases.
Siddha for infertility
In Siddha, infertility is termed ‘Maladu’, where the mother cannot get pregnant. There are six types of Maladu:
- Kaga malady: No issues after two babies.
- Kathalii malady: No issues after one baby.
- Kanma malady: Frequent abortions. No issues.
- Aan malady: It means weightless sperm.
- Pen malady: Bleeding during each menstrual cycle where bleeding may be yellow, pus and urine
- Niranthara malady: Obesity
Siddha Treatment for infertility
Siddha treats infertility as per the conditions of the person. Both external and internal medicines are used to cure infertility.
- Medicines like Churnas, Kashayas, Legiyams, Mezugus, Kuligais, and Arishtams are used in the treatment. These medications ensure the maturation of follicles and the proper development of the egg.
- Chendoorams and Parpams are used for positive results.
- It is advisable that the patient should continue the medicines for six months.
- All these medicines and good diets help enhance your sexual urge and stamina.
Siddha tips to cure infertility
- One should try to bring all three doses in equilibrium.
- Certain yoga should be practised after the consultation with a yoga expert.
- Prefer those diets which are beneficial to make your dhosas normal.
- Siddha medicated oils and fumigations are beneficial.
- Psychological aspects comprising physical and mental domains are of utmost importance.
- Sexual overindulgence should be avoided.
- Do yoga and meditation to contend with stress and anxiety.
- Avoid eating hot and spicy foods.
- One should eat quinoa as it boosts estrogenic activity. Pineapple is also good for the overall health of the ovum.
Best foods for fertility
Eating a balanced diet will be helpful to manage infertility. Here, the list of diets given which are essential to prevent infertility
- Organically fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Juicy fruits such as mangoes, peaches, plums, and pears. Dry fruits are equally important.
- Drinking coconut water is highly beneficial.
- Paneer and lassi
- Whole grains and moong dal
- soaked walnut
- Vegetable banana
- Some foods like milk, mango milkshakes, ajwain powder, date milkshakes, broccoli and asparagus are suitable for the overall development of reproductive tissues.