Siddha medicine is one of the important traditional medicinal systems, which is popular among Tamils. Siddha medicines have effective treatment for many skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, leucoderma, skin rashes, pimples, itching, acne, wrinkles, black spots, white spots, and breast nipple discoloration. This safe and cost-effective natural treatment modality is also good for skin allergy, skin whitening, and other skin related problems.
Siddha medicines for skincare tips
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is used to solve the problems related to acne, pimples, wrinkles, blackheads, and black spots. It is a very effective Siddha mineral medicine for skincare tips. How to use: Prepare a thick paste of soda and water. Now, apply this paste to the affected area. Leave the ingredients for about half an hour followed by washing it with fresh water.
- Paati Vaithiyam: Paati vaithiyam using honey is used to cure many skin related problems such as pimple, acne, psoriasis, eczema, wrinkles, black spots, etc. Since, the ancient period, it had been used as an instant glow for the face. Paati vaithiyam is also known as Granny therapy or grandma medicine. This Granny therapy is also effective against skin whitening, skin itching, and skin allergy.
- Aloe Vera: In the Siddha system of medicine, aloe vera had been used for beauty and glowing skin since ancient times. This Siddha herb, which is known as the ‘plant of immortality’, is one of the greatest gifts of nature to solve many problems of the skin. The gel and latex parts of this medicinal herb are used for skin and beauty purposes. In fact, it has amazing benefits for a healthy and fair complexion. Aloe vera is also used for hair loss, hair fall, and hair growth. It is used to treat skin problems like burn, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, pruritis, acne, pimples, wrinkles, black spots, and white spots. It is the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of aloe vera that fights numerous skin problems. How to use: After crushing its leaves, one can get a sufficient amount of aloe vera gel. Rub this aloe vera gel on the concerned parts of the skin. Wash it after one water.
- Chirattai Thailam: This Siddha formulation is prepared from pure coconut shells and has in-depth potential for curing warts, corns, black spots, white spots, eczema, and ringworm including other skin diseases and allergies. For these problems, Chirattai Thailam is one of the best remedies.
- Nanguneri ennai: Nanguneri ennai is the amalgamation of sambrani (benzoin), paneer (rose water), sandalwood paste, tender coconut water, and gingerly oil. How to use: Apply this oil to the affected area twice a day. Wash it after two hours with green gram powder.
- Lemon juice & almond oil: The paste of lemon juice, almond oil, honey, and milk powder is good to reduce the burning sensation and inflammation of many skin related problems like acne, pimples, scars, dark circles, etc. How to use: Make a fine paste of all the said ingredients. Apply the same on your face and leave it for half an hour. Wash it with fresh water.
- Neem Leaves: Neem leaves have the power to treat skin allergy and problems the skin. How to use: First take neem leaves. Mashed it with water and form a paste. Now apply the paste over the affected area and left it overnight followed by washing the same in the morning.