There are millions and millions people who are worried about their hair loss, especially the women who are quite anxious about it. There are many causes of hair fall like hereditary, hormonal imbalance, stress, medications, etc. But, one of the vital factors of hair loss is also not taking of right foods. Today, we will discuss about top six diets, which are beneficial for the growth of healthy hair. The hair fall phenomenon is more common among men.
Best foods to stop hair loss naturally
- Fish: Some fishes are good for healthy hair. Fishes like Tuna, Mackerel, Salmon, and Herring are having omega-3s, vitamin D & B, protein and selenium. All these minerals and nutrition are good for the growth of hair.
- Eggs: Eggs are one of the best sources of protein and biotin, which are integral components of hair. Besides these, eggs also contain selenium and zinc, which are good for preventing of hair. A large number of women are having hair fall issue because of biotin deficiency issue. Eating protein is utmost important for hair as the hair follicles are mostly comprised of protein. Biotin is also important as it helps in the production of hair protein called Keratin. Now, it is clear that why eggs are important for healthy hair.
- Green vegetables: Dark green vegetables like Kale, Spinach and Collards contain vitamin C & A, iron, beta carotene and folate. All these nutrients are good for healthy hair. Iron helps in strengthening of hair follicles and oil present in vitamin A ensure scalp moisturizing.
- Fruits: Fruits like berries, cherries, apricots, grapes and oranges are loaded with mportant nutrients such as antioxidants and vitamin C, which promote hair growth. Basically, these nutrients strengthen the hair follicles. Vitamin C plays an important role for iron absorption in the body, which result in the formation of collagen. Adequate iron should be in the body otherwise, it can lead to anemia, which is also one of the factors of hair fall. We all know that collagen protect hair follicles thereby prevent hair loss. Antioxidants prevent from harmful molecules call radicals, which are not good for the health of hair.
- Nuts: Those who are quite worried and anxious due to hair fall, they should start eating of nuts like walnuts, almonds,, flax seeds, chia seeds and Brazil nuts as they are packed with important nutrients like vitamin E, zinc, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids. All these nutrients are beneficial for hair and also prevent untimely hair fall.
- Sweet peppers: Sweet Peppers are excellent source of vitamin C and A, which may help in healthy hair. The presence of vitamin C in sweet peppers helps in the production of collagen, which strengthen the hair follicles. It is also loaded with antioxidants, which fights against oxidative stress.
10 top facts about hair
- It is quite interesting to know that hair grows about 1.25 cm per month and 15 cm per year.
- The growth of hair depends upon diet, genetics, stress level, and age.
- Shedding of hair on daily basis is not abnormal, in fact, it is perfectly normal.
- Avocados are excellent source of vitamin E, which may help in growth of hair.
- Foods like eggs, nuts, beans and peas, fish, dairy products and chicken have adequate anount of protein.
- The head scalp should be healthy and clean by washing it on regular basis with the help of mild shampoo.
- The use of coconut oil and olive oil are quite beneficial for the health of hair.
- One should avoid tight braids or ponytails, using of straightening iron also damage the hair shaft.
- The using of chemical treatments like perms, etc. should also discourage.
- Hair is mostly comprised of keratin.
6 worst foods for hair health
- Swordfish: It contains high level of mercury, which is not good for hair health.
- Sugar: For healthy hair, sugar should be avoided as it hinders the absorption of protein.
- Bread, cakes, pastries and white pasta encourages thinning of hair.
- Taking alcohol, leads to slow down the absorption of zinc while zinc is god for hair. On the other hand, taking too much alcohol also makes the hair brittle.
- As per researcher, sodas contain aspartame sweetener, which found to damage the hair follicles.
- Junk food is also not recommended.