Top surprising benefits of Namaz
The customary prayers of Muslims (Namaz), where physical movements of prayers (Sala’at) have been beautifully conglomerated with spiritual exercise, result in many surprising health and medical benefits. Namaz is the prescription from Allah for better health and fitness, who offers it regularly. Thus, it is a natural way to keep oneself healthy. One can get the benefits of Namaz only if it is offered as they have been ordered by Allah and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Namaz (Sala’at) should be offered coolly, calmly, religiously, and spiritually to maximise its benefits.
Health benefits of Ablution/Wudu/Wuzzo
- Wudu (Ablution) with water where one washes his hands, face, and feet region prevents germs from the body, thus promoting good health.
- Ablution (Wuzzo) stimulates biological active spots similar to Chinese Reflex-Therapy, which has beneficial therapeutic effects on the hands, face, and feet region.
- Ablution helps to relax the nervous system and eases tension, stress, and anxiety. Also read: Natural cure for Anxiety.
- Washing hands five times a day (excluding washing before dietary intake) before Namaz means an effective way to keep germs away from the body.
- Hand washing is an efficient way to prevent the spread of germs.
- Gargling during ablution (Wudu) is very important as it helps to remove germs, allergens, and dust particles.
- Gargling with plain water reduces the chances of the common cold to a greater extent, contributing to health and hygiene. Gargling also reduces viral respiratory infections and sore throat. Gargling ensures the reduction in bad breath, too.
- Nose cleansing during Wuzzo removes dust, allergens, and contaminated matter. Nose cleaning with plain water helps to minimise infections such as flu, sinusitis, cold, and chest infections.
- Nasal cleaning with water overcomes nasal congestion and clears sticky matter in the nose.
- Nasal cleaning helps to treat allergic rhinitis, is suitable for nasal dryness, and improves breathing.
- Face washing during ablution is beneficial for refreshing and improving the facial complexion.
- Face washing reduces the impact of oily skin and retarded the growth of acne, pimples, wrinkles, and other facial spots.
- Ears cleaning during ablution is quite effective in preventing wax accumulation. Cleaning the ear with wet fingers five times a day is also suitable for removing dust and germs from the outer region of the ears.
- Washing the feet during Wuzo helps to clean dirt and fungus. It also acts like acupressure while fingers pass through the toes’ bottom area. Rubbing the toes with fingers is also good in case of diabetes and removing pain from the body. As many Accu points are present in the upper and lower parts of the regions, pressing these during ablution is helpful in curing back pain, arthritis joint pain, etc.
- Offering Namaz (Sala’at) has many benefits, including spiritual, religious, physical, mental, social, economic, social, etc.
- Namaz is highly beneficial to activate all seven Chakras, per the Yogic philosophy.
Namaz and Yoga
17. There is an excellent correlation between Namaz and Yoga. Yoga rejuvenates the mechanism of body and mind. Yoga Therapy is a refreshing process and a cost-effective solution; try to find out the root cause of diseases. It helps restore harmony among various lifestyle components- physical, social, emotional, spiritual, mental, and psychological. The basic concept of Yoga is to relish and cherish life with exhilarating excitement. The system provides psychological and emotional well-being. Drugless therapies enhance the sustainable and functional ability of the body. The same case is also with Namaz. Yoga and Namaz are certainly a substitute for stress and disease-free personality.
Namaz is the finest form of meditation.
18. Namaz is one of the best forms of meditation or Dhyan from a Yogic point of view, where the person unilaterally surrenders to Allah. Meditation is defined as the uninterrupted flow of mind towards a particular object. Namaz is one of the best stress buster and tension reliever modules. Namaz (Salaat) is the perfect example of meditation where the performer thinks only and only about Allah. Thus, Namaz provides the ultimate satisfaction and peace to the mind, thus saving you from many diseases and disorders. It enhances your concentration and reduces the level of depression. Namaz helps to develop a favourable milieu around the Namazi.
Namaz and physical health benefits
19. Namaz has multiple many health and fitness benefits. Some of the significant physical health benefits are as follows:
- Namaz is one of the essential means of health, happiness, and harmony.
- Offering regular Namaz keeps one fit and healthy by burning extra calories, thereby losing weight. Namaz is one of the effective ways of weight loss as well as to control obesity.
- Namaz stretches your muscles and helps to provide a toned body.
- It is good to overcome arthritis as Namaz enhances the body’s flexibility and reduces stiffness.
- Namaz is an excellent source to balance the body’s Anabolic and Catabolic biochemical processes.
- Namaz is good for the heart, brain, and the entire body.
- Standing posture in Namaz (Qiya’m) ensures proper blood flow in the lower portion of the body. It is also suitable for strengthening the leg muscles.
Health benefits of Ruk’u
20. The forward bending position of Namaz (Ruk’u) is suitable for your lower vertebral column. It helps to ease your back pain, as per Yogic philosophy. Doing Ruku properly helps to control backache and vertebral column-related diseases. Namaz Ruku effectively develops shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, and ankle flexibility. Ruku exerts abdominal pressure, thereby easing constipation and peristaltic movements. During Ruku, the kidney experiences a sort of massage, thus helpful to kidney problems.
Health benefits of Sajdah
21. During Sajdah, one sits in Vajrasana, an essential yoga pose from a health point of view. Vajrasana strengthens the thigh and calf muscles. It is suitable for digestion and keeps your spine firm and erect. Sajdah is beneficial in properly functioning the brain, lungs, body muscles, joints, and entire vertebral column. Sajdah helps to maintain smooth blood to the brain region and also stimulates the master gland, the pituitary gland, as the pineal gland. Sajdah reduces the chances of brain haemorrhage and headache due to smooth blood flow to the head region. While performing Sajdah, the toes are experiencing acupressure, which is good for better body health, especially for body pains.
Health benefits of Salaam (Neck Yoga)
22. Salam is an excellent form of neck and upper vertebra exercise. Namaz’s Salam is the Griva-Sakti-vikasaka (Strengthening the Neck) of Yogic Sukshma Vyayama, which helps loosen the neck joints and helps relax the shoulder and upper back muscles. Salam helps to refresh all the nerves that pass through the neck, thus good in case of headache and migraine.