The customary prayers of Muslims (Namaz), where physical movements of prayers (Sala’at) have been beautifully conglomerated with spiritual exercise, result in many surprising health and medical benefits. Namaz is the prescription from Allah for better health and fitness who offers it regularly. Thus, it is a natural way to keep oneself healthy. One can get the benefits of Namaz only if it is offered as they have been ordered by Allah and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Namaz (Sala’at) should be offered coolly, calmly, religiously, and spiritually to get maximum of its benefits.
Top surprising benefits of Namaz
Health benefits of Ablution/Wudu/Wuzzo
- Wudu (Ablution) with water where one washes his hands, face, and feet region lead to preventing germs from the body thus promotes good health.
- Ablution (Wuzzo) stimulates biological active spots similar to Chinese Reflex-Therapy, which has beneficial therapeutic effects on the hands, face, and feet region.
- Ablution helps to relax the nervous system and eases tension, stress, and anxiety. Also read: Natural cure of Anxiety.
- Washing hands five times a day (excluding washing before dietary intake) before Namaz means an effective way to keep germs away from the body.
- Hand washing is an efficient way to prevent the spread of germs.
- Gargling during ablution (Wudu) is very important as it helps to remove germs, allergens, and dust particles.
- Gargling with plain water reduces the chances of the common cold to a greater extent thereby contribute to health and hygiene. Gargling also reduces viral respiratory infections and sore throat. Gargling ensures the reduction in a bad breath too.
- Nose cleansing during Wuzzo removes dust, allergens, and contaminated matter. Nose cleaning with plain water helps to minimize infections such as flu, sinusitis, cold, and chest infections.
- Nasal cleaning with water overcomes nasal congestion and clear sticky matter in the nose.
- Nasal cleaning helps to treat allergic rhinitis, good for nasal dryness, and improves breathing.
- Face washing during ablution is very beneficial for refreshing as well as improving the facial complexion.
- Face washing reduces the impact of oily skin and retarded the growth of acne, pimples, wrinkles, and other facial spots.
- Ears cleaning during ablution are quite effective to prevent wax accumulation. Cleaning the ear with wet fingers five times a day is also good to remove dust and germs from the outer region of the ears.
- Washing the feet during Wuzo helps to clean dirt, fungus. It also acts like acupressure while fingers are passing through the bottom area of the toes. Rubbing the toes with fingers is also good in case of diabetes and removing pain from the body. As lots of Accu points are present in the upper and lower parts of toe regions and pressing these during ablution is helpful in curing pain like back pain, arthritis joint pain, etc.
- Offering Namaz (Sala’at) has many benefits such as spiritual, religious, physical, mental, social, economic, social, etc.
- Namaz is highly beneficial to activate all the seven Chakras as per the Yogic philosophy.
Namaz and Yoga
17. There is a great correlation between Namaz and Yoga. Yoga rejuvenates the mechanism of body and mind. Yoga Therapy, a refreshing process as well as a cost-effective solution; try to find out the very root cause of diseases. It helps to restore harmony among various components of lifestyle- physical, social, emotional, spiritual, mental, and psychological. The basic concept of Yoga is to relish and cherish life with exhilarating excitement. The system provides psychological and emotional well-being. Being drugless therapies enhances the sustainable and functional ability of the body. The same case is also with Namaz. Yoga and Namaz are certainly a substitute for stress and disease free personality.
There are many yoga postures which represent namaz viz. Vajrasana, Tadasana, Padhastasana, Yoga nidra, etc.
Namaz is the finest form of meditation
18. Namaz is one of the best forms of meditation or Dhyan from a Yogic point of view where the person unilaterally surrenders to Allah. Meditation is defined as the uninterrupted flow of mind towards a particular object. Namaz is one of the best stress buster and tension reliever modules. Namaz (Salaat) is the perfect example of meditation where the performer thinks only and only about Allah. Thus, Namaz provides the ultimate satisfaction and peace to the mind thus save you from many diseases and disorders. It enhances your concentration and reduces the level of depression. Namaz helps to develop a positive milieu around the Namazi.
Namaz and physical health benefits
19. Namaz has multiple many health and fitness benefits. Some of the important physical health benefits are as follow:
- Namaz is one of the important means of health, happiness, and harmony.
- Offering regular Namaz keeps one fit and healthy by burning extra calories thereby losing weight. Namaz is one of the effective ways of weight loss as well as to control obesity.
- Namaz stretches your muscles and helps to provide a toned body.
- It is good to overcome arthritis as Namaz is good to enhance the flexibility of the body and reduces stiffness.
- Namaz is a good source to balance the Anabolic and Catabolic biochemical processes of the body.
- Namaz is good for the heart, brain, above all for the entire body.
- Standing posture in Namaz (Qiya’m) ensures proper blood flow in the lower portion of the body. It is also good for strengthening the leg muscles.
Health benefits of Ruk’u
20. The forward bending position of Namaz (Ruk’u) is good for your lower vertebral column. It helps to ease your back pain as per Yogic philosophy. Doing Ruku properly helps to control backache and vertebral column related diseases. Namaz Ruku is effective in developing flexibility to the shoulder, elbow wrist, knees, and ankle regions. Ruku exerts abdominal pressure thereby eases constipation and peristaltic movements. During Ruku, the kidney experiences a sort of massage thus helpful to kidney problems.
Health benefits of Sajdah
21. During Sajdah, one sits in Vajrasana, a very important yoga pose from a health point of view. Vajrasana strengthens the thigh and calf muscles. It is good for digestion and keeps your spine firm and erect. Sajdah is very beneficial in the proper functioning of the brain, lungs, body muscles, joints, and entire vertebral column. Sajdah helps to maintain smooth blood to the brain region and also stimulates the master gland pituitary gland as well as the pineal gland. Sajdah reduces the chances of brain hemorrhage and headache due to smooth blood flow to the head region. While performing Sajdah, the toes are experiencing acupressure which is good for better health of the body, especially for body pains.
Health benefits of Salaam (Neck Yoga)
22. Salam is an excellent form of neck and upper vertebra exercise. Namaz’s Salam is the Griva-Sakti-vikasaka (Strengthening the Neck) of Yogic Sukshma Vyayama, which is helpful in loosening the neck joints and also helps to relax the shoulder and upper back muscles. Salam helps to refresh all the nerves that pass through the neck, thus good in case of headache and contend migraine.
45 thoughts on “22 Amazing Health Benefits of Namaz (Salat): Namaz-e-Tawbah”
it is right
Very good.Thats why more stress is given for namaz in Islam.So to say it is for our good health.
thanks that was realy helpful.used it for islamic stdies homework.
Namaaz is also good for eyesight, especially if you focus on the place where you make sajdah.When making sajdah, remember to keep your eyes open. Don’t let your eyes wander from the spot where you are going to make sajdah. That is the key.
Namaz helps the most when you keep your thoughts clean and keep your carnal desires in check. Namaz alone doesn’t do it, I believe- it is being in a healthy environment where you’re surrounded by good/practicing people who also say their prayers. Otherwise, continuity of Namaz might be interrupted and the benefits not fully realised!
Thank for your comment. Found this very helpful and beneficial
Yes very true.. namaaz is beneficial for our health.. we pray to allah for our good health.. these words recieve by our subconcious mind and our subconcious mind and body starts acting upon it. Our believe in allah increases as our happiness increases.. and during namaaz we stands on our feet placed together that increases our coordination and balance.. over all good for health and happiness. As by social gathering depression decreases and we become happy..
Namaz is very effective exercise should be brought to notice of all human in the universe
There must be much more benefits of nimaz.. Its upto us to explore.
Correctly said COME FOR NAMAZ COME FOR SUCCESS
Wow! So true!
1.namaz deen ka sutoon hai
2. namaz aakhon ki thadak hai
Prayers R invisible but they make impossible things possible… don’t Miss Namaaz
It was really helpful for my school work. Thank you
It was really useful and helpful.thanks so much for this interesting information
namaz indeed gives peace and beauty to one’s soul…
Ap sab se guzarish h ke merelie dua kare ke maim aik acha namazi bnjao.acha namzi ka ye mtlb ke perta ho per per sumia ki kamo ki waja se ziada bhter nahi perpaha ho
Very true Namaz is a pilar of Islam
Read Quran and perform 5 times Namaz with consistency, Allah SWT likes the deed which is performed consistently even if it is small
Alhamdulillahi Rabil Aalameen
“May the blessings of Allah be on our Deen, life, children, family and wealth.”
May we all be blessed with perfect Namaaz and all other of the 5 pillars of Islam. Ameen.
Namaz is the way to jannat.
great write up
I say one thing that please don’t miss namaz .namaz is very useful to us
namaz muhammad pbuh ji thandak aur rahat hai.isliye namaz qayam karo.
Salat is the best among all acts of worship. If it is accepted by the Almighty Allah, other acts of worship are also accepted. And, if prayers are not accepted, other acts are also not accepted.
thanks for sharing
That was rlly helpful for scwl work thxz!!
yeah, it is good
Salam in namaz balance thyroid glands. standing after shajdah pressing on fingers of toes it benefit for sinus, eyes, ear and cerebrum. during wudu cleaning back of ear, its point of sinus and keep away from sinus. Masah cleaning back neck with hand keep away from Alzheimer.
Thanks for shering
the extraordinary benefits of prayer, which is why their religious leaders have a high degree of health because they never forget prayer,
Namaz is the path through which we can connect to Allah Talah.
indeed,salaat,limited by time,is obligatoryto every believer(An-Nisaa). so It also teaches us ‘time management’
We also break psychological time running in our mind with namaaz.and we feel stress-free
We get benefits in everything Allah the Almighty commanded us to do
After the departures of Prophet Mohmmad (PBUH) and his true followers, the prestigious messages of Islam for benefit of humankind not being spreaded by present muslims. Islam is the latest religion on this earth. There are bundles of benefits we get by following Namaz. So it is the duty of every muslim to do five times Namaz and request other fellow beings to do so. But alas! to-days muslim left namaz and became Zuma muslim, Ramdan muslim.
Thanks for sharing the details.