Unani for cough
Unani Medicine treatment for cough, cold, sore throat, coryza, and fever is known since ancient times. Unani medicine also fights flu, chronic bronchitis, asthma, whooping cough, catarrh, and many respiratory congestion. In terms of Unani, cough or saul is the waste products from the lungs, which has to be expelled out from the lungs or the body. The expelling of irritating substance is happened due to contraction and relaxation of chest muscles and diaphragm. These medicines are quite effective to combat the common cold and above all without any side effects.
Top Unani medicine for cough and cold
- Joshanda: Joshanda drug, the mixture of Unani medicinal herbs is quite effective against cough, cold, fever, sore throat, chronic bronchitis, asthma, and whooping cough. Joshanda is prominently used as a Unani cough syrup.
- Joshina: Joshina is an important herbal medicine for cough, cold and sore throat. It is regarded as one of the best herbal medicines to cure cough and cold.
- Saduri syrup: Hamdard Saduri cough syrup is an herbal Unani product, known to cure whooping cough, acute bronchitis, cold, and other respiratory congestions and problems. It acts as a bronchodilator, cough suppressant, expectorant, and decongestant.
- Khaksi (Sisymbrium irio): It acts as an expectorant or expelling out phlegm.
- Unnab (Zizyphus vulgaris): It is a well known Unani medicine to treat cough. It is also used to make cough syrup.
- Baabui Tulasi (Ocimum basilicum): It has many anti-microbial properties such as aromatic, antiseptic, carminative, anti-helminthic, and anti-inflammatory. It is recommended in treating catarrh, asthma, and allergic conditions.
- Laooq e Sapistan: It is also known as Laooq e Khyarshambar. It is effective in cough, cold and respiratory congestions. It should be taken 2 tsp 3 times a day.
- Dar Filfil (Piper longum): It is used to combat bronchial asthma and infection of the throat.
- Zanjabeel (Zingiber officinale): Besides brain and digestion, this Unani medicine is effective coryza, fever, bronchial asthma, and cough.
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra): It is good to combat cough, cold and bronchial asthma.
- Gaozaban (Onosma ): The mix of 4g of Gaozaban leaves (Onosma), 6gm of seeds of Khatmi (Althaea), 10 numbers of fruits of Sipistan (Cordia), 4gm of root of Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza), and 5 numbers of Unnab (Ziziphus). Boil all the ingredients in 250 ml water until it reduced to half, strained, and add a little amount of sugar. It may be twice daily to combat cough and cold.
- Adrak (Zinger): Take Adrak juice (12 ml) and honey (12 g). Mix it well and use thrice a day to control cough and cold.
- Kakra singi and Balaila: Take the powder of Kakra singhi (Pistacia) Balaila (Terminalia) and now add the juice of Adrak and it small pill. To cure cough and cold, it can be taken thrice a day.
- Laung: The mix of laung (Syzygium) and betel leaf may be taken twice a day to relieve cough, cold, and catarrh.
- Sonth: Take the powder of Kakra singhi, mixed with equal parts of powder of Sonth (dried root of Zingiber officinale). Now, take 5g of this powder thrice a day.
- Extreme cold and hot weather.
- Hypersensitivity to foreign bodies e.g. dust, pollen grain
- Infection- Influenza virus and para influenza virus, bacteria – Streptococcal Pneumonia.
- Accumulation of excessive phlegm in the respiratory system
Symptoms of cough and cold
- Airflow obstruction
- Take utmost rest
- It is better to stay inside.
- Do yoga, especially breathing yoga-like Kapalbhati, Suryabhedi Pranayama, Bhastrika Pranayama
- Doing regular exercise is also good.
- Use digestible food items
- Do lung exercises, especially breathing yoga-pranayama
- Take foods having hot temperament
- Drink boiled and hot water
- Take wheat, green gram, and old rice
- The use of garlic, turmeric, ginger, and black pepper should be encouraged.
- Goat milk, honey, lukewarm water, fruits like Amala and Draksha are beneficial.
- Steam inhalation
- Avoid using cold foods
- Avoid over-crowded area
- Avoid exposure to cold
- Stop smoking
- Avoid dairy products
- Keep away from sweets, day sleep, and sea foods.
- Well balanced, nutritious, easily digestible diet.
- The use of hair spray, deodorant, and paint should be prohibited.
- Cough suppressants should be discouraged.
- Intake of cold water and citrus fruits should be avoided.
3 thoughts on “15 Best Unani Medicine for Cough, Cold and Sore Throat”
My name is Mr Bob M. Mohapi in Lesotho – Southern Africa. I am having a small/medium Health Shop dealing mean,y with natural products with health benefits, i have read a lot about Unani remedies and would like to know how do i get to purchase the products for my fellow Countrymen since our Country is very cold and people are suffering from; Arthrist, Asthma, Bronchatist, Hyfever etc.., Your help in this regard will be highly appreciated. I thank you.
You can purchase directly from India. So many companies are providing this type of medicine
My son is suffering dry coughing, since long,no other medical got effective,I am going to try this