Nondrugs tips for anxiety
Anxiety encompasses various forms of abnormal fears, which may take chronic forms. It is prone to intensify during stress and surrounded by symptoms like headaches, sweating, muscle tone, high BP, and tension. The problem of anxiety disorder can be solved through an alternative system of medicine or alternative medicine. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) like Yoga, Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Unani, Siddha, Acupuncture, Acupressure, Diet, etc. has enough potential and remedial measures in curing this disorder. Home remedies, prevention, and precautions are also important aspects of reducing it. Generalized anxiety disorders include phobia, social anxiety, social phobia, panic attack, and other various types of conditions.
Symptoms of anxiety
The signs and symptoms of its attack and panic disorder are given below:
- Unnecessary worry and tension
- Restiveness, Hyperactivity, and Aggression
- Muscle strain
- Headache, migraine, giddiness, and dizziness
- Excessive sweating
- Concentration problem
- Fatigue, exhaustion, and worn out
- Dryness in mouth
- Breathing shortness
- Heart rate fluctuation
- Fluctuation in body temperature
- Chest tightness and stomach-churning
- Bleach, rashes and flushed, sensitivity and numbness of the skin
- Indigestion and constipation
- Disturb vision and hearing
- Hormonal disorders
- Eyes itching
- Immobility in the back muscles and body muscles are bruised
- Longing for sweet, sugar and sweet products
- Experiencing cold or chilled
- Increased or decreased sex drive
- Weak legs, arms, and muscles
- Weight loss/weight gain
- Afraid what people think of you
- Fear of everything
- Fear of losing control, dying, etc.
- Heightened self-consciousness
- Burning, itchy, tight scalp
- Extreme pain in the neck, head, and face
- Jaw pain leads to toothache
- De-realization, de-orientation, and desensitization
- Temporary memory loss
Main causes of anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress
- Experiencing panic phobia
- Major personal loss
- Side effects of medication
- Withdrawal of alcohol or illicit drug
- Acute illness
- A stimulant may also induce it
- Over breathing release more carbon dioxide and take less oxygen
- Stress at work, school, college, personal relations, etc.
- Financial tension
- Stress due to natural disaster and physical abuse
- Brain chemical imbalance
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Excessive unrelenting worry
- Repressed libido, drowsiness, and imbalance
- Alcoholism, drugs abuse, and smoking
- Teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Continuous headache
- Digestion problem
- Cardiovascular complication
- Increases cholesterol level
- Hypertension and thicken blood vessels
- Suicidal tendency is high
- Fear of open space
- Loss of sexual drive
- Weaken of the immune system
Anxiety risk factors
- Persistent stress
- Serious illness
- Abnormalities in the pituitary gland that control stress
- Chronic health condition
- Childhood trauma
- Women have twice the risk than men
- More prevalent to children
- Family dynamics and psychological aspects
- Social aloofness and threatening environment
- Pre-existing emotional disorder
- Separation from parents at the early stage
Yoga for anxiety prevention
Anxiety is the outcome of continuous fear, unnecessary thoughts, tension, etc. Yoga helps to relax, and release tension, stress, strain, and the disorder. Yoga, a component of alternative medicine, plays a bigger role in relaxing the mood and effectively enabling mental health. In fact, Yoga poses helps to achieve overall mental health thereby control the problem and panic disorders. Yoga, Pranayama, and Meditation are beneficial in curing of it and panic attack. Yoga poses ensure balanced blood supply to the brain thereby ease the disorder and improves mood.
- Shavasana is highly useful for stress-related physical or mental tiredness. This is the yoga posture effective to reduce stress.
- Makarasana relieves physical and mental tiredness.
- Pranayama helps a more peaceful state of mind by reducing stress and negative thinking. This is beneficial for all types of anxiety disorders.
- Sheetli Pranayama plays a vital role in the curing of panic attack disorders by keeping the mind cool and calm.
- Sheetkari Pranayama minimized the impact of irritation, restlessness, and impatience.
- Nadi Sodhana Pranayama quite effective to calm the body.
- Meditation focuses on concentration and keeps your fears away. Meditation is effective to lower the level of anxiety.
- Forward and backward bending poses reduce the excessive condition.
- Yoga Nidra acts on the subconscious level to bring about a state of homeostasis in the body and mind.
- Asanas maintain a healthy nervous system.
Ayurveda for anxiety cure
Ayurveda is a vital component of AYUSH that can bring a balance between a healthy body and anxiety. Ayurveda cures it through simple natural treatment and Ayurvedic medicine and herbal medicine. Various Ayurvedic herbs are available to reduce the level of the disorder with ease. These days herbal tea for the condition is also being used.
- Drop basil leaves juice in the nostrils to soothe the brain and used as Ayurvedic treatment for it.
- The use of Ayurvedic herbs juice like Shankhushpi or Petha or Brahmi into the nasal show good results.
- Ashwagandha handles stress effectively.
- Bacopa alleviates mental stress and exhaustion.
- Clarocet is good who is suffering from it, depression and insomnia.
- Orange juice + honey is used as Ayurveda for the disorder as well as to lessen heartbeat.
- Grind almond + Milk + Saffron + Ginger + Nutmeg also helps in calming down.
- Whole-body massage reduces the gravity of it.
- For calming effect use tea of Tagar + Musta + 1 cup of warm water.
- Orange juice + Honey + Nutmeg powder is useful to relieve it as well as lessen heartbeat rate.
- Bath with Ginger + Baking soda helps to soothe the condition.
Homeopathic medicine for anxiety
- Ignatia amara, a product from the fruits of Strychnos ignatia, is quite effective for grief and used as a homeopathic treatment to ease panic disorders.
- Homeopathic medicine like Natrum muriaticum keeps away focus from negative feelings and insults.
- Aconite napelus is used when somebody is experiencing great shock, even fear of death.
- For interview/examination/test, use yellow jasmine.
- Staphysagria- for the emotional condition.
- Aconitum napellus is used in case of the immense gravity of the problem.
- Argentum nitricum is helpful to overcome anxiety before a big event like an interview, marriage, public speech, etc.
- Arsenicum album is given who is deeply concerned about their health and security.
- Calcarea carbonica is a remedy that starting fear due to illness and overworked.
- Gelsemium is suggested when somebody experiencing mental uneasiness weakness out of fear.
- The disorder develops out of extreme workload from the workplace, Kali phosphoricum is a suitable option.
- Lycopodium is recommended for mental stress and poor self-confidence.
- When the patient is surrounded by acute anxiety, Phosphorous is suggested.
Naturopathy treatment for anxiety
Anxiety may ruin the life of a person if effective remedial measures are not taken at the right time. Naturopathy treatments have a considerable positive impact on the disorder without any side effects. Naturopathic medicines are safe and secure to cope up with it. Natural therapies and nature cure treatment balance health and effectively treat phobia, panic disorders, etc. However, for serious problems, it is better to consult a naturopathy physician.
- Anti-anxiety diet in the form of multi-vitamin and minerals fight and eliminate anxiety. A diet like salads, fruits, soups, juices, sprout, green vegetables, and boiled vegetables ward off it.
- Diet and the disorder are interlinked as soothing natural diet like juices water, seasonal fruits, etc. helps to ease it.
- Hydrotherapy-Hot arm and foot bath, Mud bath, Neutral immersion bath, Cold spinal bath. Hydrotherapy lightens the condition, stress, and tension. It is a natural and simple way of relaxing and calming the mind.
- Acupuncture calms it and alleviates excessive worrying.
- Acupressure and reflexology calm down the level of it.
- Plantain leaf sunbath soothes the condition.
- Massage therapy eliminates tension and reduces stress.
- Aromatherapy with jasmine, rose, sandalwood oil to reduce it.
Simple home remedy for anxiety
There are many effective home remedies for anxiety disorders. These are the safe and easiest way to ease from fear, stress, and tension. People are using a homemade cure for disorders. Some of the important home remedies are given below:
- Do regular exercise provides relaxation to the body and mind thus minimized the scope of the disorders.
- Foods like orange blossom, cloves, balm, and lavender reduce the level of it and good natural remedy.
- Interaction with family and friends has calming and relaxing effects.
- A hot shower bath soothes the condition.
- A holiday tour with dear and near ones is one of the major aspects to reduce social anxiety.
- Ashwagandha is a well-known herbal to cure it.
- Give more attention to your sleeping.
- Food rich in calcium and amino acid has a calming effect.
- Do yoga
- Do massage
Diet for anxiety-relieving
Diet plays an important role to ease panic disorders, phobia, and other forms of anxiety disorders. A balanced diet and food rich in vitamin B-Complex are the best defense against such an attack. There are lots of foods or food products that exaggerate the condition. Prevention is also necessary to control it. As preventive measures, foods like fried, overcooked, and spiced foods should be avoided.
- A balanced diet that contains vegetables, fruits, vitamins, minerals, and whole grains is the best defense against such attacks.
- The foods that lack vitamin B complex increased the feelings of it.
- The eating process should be at a regular interval of time instead of thrice a day.
- Alcohol exaggerates the situation.
- Fresh juices and water relieve it.
- Diet enriched in saturated fat seems to ease it.
- Vitamin B1 foods (Asparagus, Soy milk, Barley, Oats, Wheat, Sunflower Seeds, etc.) are good during the disorder.
- Avocados, Yogurt, Milk, Mushrooms, etc. are friendlier foods as these strengthen our immune system.
- Vitamin B6 (Sweet potatoes, Avocados, Bananas, Mangoes, Sunflower Seeds, potatoes, etc.) helps to produce Serotonin that able t cope with the condition.
- Vitamin B12, Folic acid, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Alpha-Linolenic Acid, Biotin, Calcium, etc. are also friendlier foods.
- Increase the intake of starches as it has a calming effect.
- Foods like Milk, Bananas, Soy, contain tryptophan that shows a relaxing effect.
- Keep yourself away from chocolate, strong spices, sugar eggplant, and peppers.
Anxiety prevention & precautions
- Cut your spices as these foods stimulate your body and mind.
- Avoid acid-forming foods.
- Caffeine is responsible for mood swings.
- Food sensitivities may show adverse impact.
- Avoid fried or overcooked foods.
- Avoid spiced foods
- Avoid coffee, tea, cold drinks.
- Keep yourself away from smoking.
- Avoid Pan Masala, Gutka, tobacco, etc.
- Avoid unhealthy substances like alcohol, drug, and beverages.