Meaning of vertigo
Vertigo can be defined as feeling of dizziness. A person feels that things are moving around him or the person rotating around himself. Such medical condition is termed as vertigo or dizziness.
Unani for dizziness and vertigo
Some of the effective formulations of unani for dizziness and vertigo are given below.
- Take the mix of 4 gram each of Khashkhash, coriander and pulp of binola seeds. Now, grind it with 100 ml of water and strain the same. It is suggested to take it daily in the morning.
- Vertigo or dizziness may be treated by using honey and mehndi seeds. Prepare fine powder of mehndi (4gram) and mix the same with honey (10gram). Use the same as sauce twice daily.
- Amla jam and silver leaves are also good to cure dizziness. Take one piece each of amla jam and silver leaf. Eat amla jam wrapping in sliver leaf daily before breakfast.
- The mix of tamarind and sugar is also suggested for vertigo. Soak the tamarind pulp in 150 ml of water. Keep it for one hour followed by straining the same. Now add 5 gram of sugar. It is suggested to take it twice daily.
- Taking powdered asrol (500mg) before going to bed is beneficial for vertigo.
- Medicines like Kushta marjan, Kushta Khubsul-hadeed and Itrifal Kishneezi are also good in treating of dizziness.
- Anoosdaroo lolvi (3 gm) twice everyday with Sharbat Vard is effective in case of vertigo.
- Herbs like Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Pitpapda (Fumaria officinalis), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Yavasa (Alhagi pseudalbagi), Sarva (Hemidesmus indicus) are good for healing of vertigo.
- Vertigo can be prevented by taking the mix of salt (in small quantity), black pepper and lemon juice along with a glass of warm water.
- Dizziness symptoms can be minimized by taking the mix of grind almond and warm milk.
- Regular taking of ginger tea is also helpful in combating of vertigo.
- The symptoms can be combat by taking yogurt and strawberries.
- The mix of gooseberry (1tsp), coriander seeds (1tsp) and water (1 glass). Keep it overnight. Now strain and add little amount of sugar before drinking, helpful in reducing the symptoms of vertigo.
- Soak the mix of wheat grain (2tsp), poppy seed (1tsp), almonds (8 in nos.),watermelon seeds (8 in nos.). Now prepared a paste. Now, heat it and mix ghee (1tsp) and cloves (2 in nos.). Cool it and take the same with milk.
- Ginkgo biloba is effective in curing of vertigo. The use of Ginkgo biloba powder along with water is helpful in the treatment of dizziness.
Image courtesy: Pixabay.com
Top 10 tips to prevent vertigo
- It is recommended that one should sit immediately after feeling dizzy.
- Take plenty of green vegetables and fruits
- Avoid taking more salt.
- Skip using sugar.
- Junk food should be avoided.
- Do pranayama (breathing Yoga)
- Taking alcohol should be avoided.
- Try to seep without pillow
- Do exercise daily
- Coconut water is beneficial
- Inner ear inflammation
- Fluid changes in inner year
- Ear infection
- Problems in vision
- Head injury
- Heart problems
- Brain tumors
- Thyroid disorder
- Problems related with brain
- Irregular blood flow in brain
- Little headedness
- Ear sensation
- Problem in walking