Meaning of vertigo
Vertigo can be defined as a feeling of dizziness. A person feels that things are moving around him or the person is rotating around himself. Such a medical condition is termed vertigo or dizziness.
Unani for dizziness and vertigo
Some of the effective formulations of Unani for dizziness and vertigo are given below.
- Mix 4 grams of Khashkhash, coriander, and pulp of binola seeds. Could you grind it with 100 ml of water and strain it? It is suggested to take it daily in the morning.
- Vertigo or dizziness may be treated by using honey and mehndi seeds. Prepare fine mehndi powder (4 grams) and mix the same with honey (10 grams). Use the same sauce twice daily.
- Amla jam and silver leaves are also good for curing dizziness. Take one piece each of amla jam and silver leaf. Eat amla jam wrapped in silver leaf daily before breakfast.
- A mix of tamarind and sugar is also suggested for vertigo. Soak the tamarind pulp in 150 ml of water. Please keep it for one hour, followed by straining the same. Now add 5 grams of sugar. It is suggested to take it twice daily.
- Taking powdered aerosol (500mg) before bed is beneficial for vertigo.
- Medicines like Kushta Marjan, Kushta Khubsul-Hadeed, and Itrifal Kishneezi also treat dizziness.
- Anoosdaroo lolvi (3 gm) twice daily with Sharbat Vard is effective in the case of vertigo.
- Herbs like Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Pitpapda (Fumaria officinalis), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Yavasa (Alhagi pseudalbagi), Sarva (Hemidesmus indicus) are suitable for healing of vertigo.
- Vertigo can be prevented by taking a mix of salt (in small quantities), black pepper, lemon juice, and a glass of warm water.
- Dizziness symptoms can be minimised by mixing ground almonds and warm milk.
- Regular taking of ginger tea is also helpful in combating vertigo.
- The symptoms can be combated by taking yogurt and strawberries.
- The mix of gooseberry (1 tsp), coriander seeds (1 tsp), and water (1 glass). Could you keep it overnight? Now strain and add a little sugar before drinking, which helps reduce the symptoms of vertigo.
- Soak the mix of wheat grain (2tsp), poppy seed (1tsp), almonds (8 in nos.), and watermelon seeds (8 in nos.). We have now prepared a paste. Now, heat it and mix ghee (1tsp) and cloves (2 in nos.). Could you cool it and take the same with milk?
- Ginkgo biloba is effective in curing vertigo. The use of Ginkgo biloba powder along with water is helpful in the treatment of dizziness.
Top 10 tips to prevent vertigo
- It is recommended that one should sit immediately after feeling dizzy.
- Take plenty of green vegetables and fruits
- Avoid taking more salt.
- Skip using sugar.
- Junk food should be avoided.
- Do pranayama (breathing Yoga)
- Taking alcohol should be avoided.
- Try to sleep without a pillow
- Do exercise daily
- Coconut water is beneficial
- Inner ear inflammation
- Fluid changes in the inner year
- Ear infection
- Problems with vision
- Head injury
- Heart problems
- Brain tumours
- Thyroid disorder
- Problems related to brain
- Irregular blood flow in the brain
- Little headedness
- Ear sensation
- Problem with walking