What is the meaning of fasting?
Fasting is defined as a self-restraint from all kinds of food or food products. During fasting, toxic level is reduced remarkably, cell functions enhanced and recovery rate become faster. So, fasting is a wonder healer and restorer of health. Properly conducted fasting can unravel the body’s inherent healing potentialities. Many evidenced based research are available on the health benefits of fasting.
In the initial stage, cleansing process is in fast pace, so the body experiences depression, headache, pain etc. But after this stage, the brain started getting fresh blood thereby mental power of brain increased.
Stages of fasting
- In the first stage of fasting, the cleansing process is greatly enhanced by eliminating waste products from the body. Foul breathing is common here as residue matter releases from the body.
- In the second stage, cleansing of mucous, unwanted substances and dry cells are common.
- At the third stage, cleansing happened at the cellular level.
Is fasting good for the body?
- Digestion needs energy that can be diverted for other purposes like self-healing and self-repairing.
- Dead and damage cells & tissues, toxin released thereby help to strengthen the immune system.
- Detoxifying and purifying process of digestive system keep the diseases at bay.
Benefits of intermittent fasting work
- Extended fasting helps in getting rid of dead cell & tissues.
- Intermittent fasting releases toxin from all organs, especially digestive system thus enhances the efficiency of various digestive organs.
- Fasting is the simplest and the easiest ways to control diseases. Therefore try to do intermittent fasting as and when get time.
- Fasting plays major role in the treatment of diseases and has the power to reverse the diseased condition near to normalcy.
- Cells and tissues formation and bone healing get maximized during fasting.
What are the surprising benefits of fasting
- During intermittent fasting, the body cleanses itself from various wastes and toxins thereby help in the process of detoxification that leads to healing.
- As the toxic material leaves the body, the system mechanism develops to think clearly.
- Fasting breaks up the dead & disease cells excluding the healthy cells and tissues. Thus, thorough, cleansing happen at all levels.
- Intermittent fasting rejuvenates digestion and elimination, and peristaltic action is quickened.
- Energy, vitality, and vigor of the body increased depending on the duration of fast.
- Self-regulating and a self-healing mechanism of the body remarkable increase.
- Nervous system and sensory organs started functioning correctly.
- Chronic diseases like asthma, arthritis, osteo & Rheumatoid, gout, hypercholesterolemia, migraine, hypertension, spondylitis, hypothyroidism, indigestion, obesity, etc. are benefited directly or indirectly by doing fasting on regular basis.
- Skin sensitiveness enhanced.
- Breathing improved.
- It is a rejuvenating and life-extending process.
- It helps to achieve healthy weight loss.
What are the fasting diets
- The best, safest and most effective method of fasting is lime juice fasting as it helps to remove the toxin. Juices provide sufficient energy to the body.
- Drink all-vegetable or all-fruit juices; never combine fruits & vegetables to prepare the juice combination.
- It is better to make juice from fresh vegetables or fruits. It is best if you filter or strain the juices as it remove excess fiber and give the digestive system a full rest. For losing weight, dilute the juices with water.
How fasting is beneficial for diseases
Cellular digestion and defecation are the essence of good health. When cells get choked by toxins known as “Cellular Constipation” and gives rise to diseases. Hence, fasting is essential to deal with acute and chronic diseases. Fasting, especially juice fasting is beneficial in case of following diseases and conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disorders
- Skin infections
- Liver disorders
- Abdominal / stomach pain etc.
Best ways of doing fasting
- Ideally people should fast once or twice a year just to deal with toxins and emotional build up.
- The duration of fasting may range from three to ten days.
- In long fasting, one can go up to 30 to 40 days. But it depends upon the individual capacity.
- The duration of the fast should also depend upon the age of the patient and the nature of the disease.
How to do fasting?
The main rules to break fast are: do not overeat, eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly and take several days for the gradual change to the normal diet. Safest way to break the fast is with fresh fruit juices / juicy fruits. Immediate feasting after fasting is not advised.
The ideal time to break the fast:-
- Hunger returns
- The tongue coating clears up & becomes pink in colour (this is its natural color).
- Breath becomes odorless and there is a clean taste in the mouth
- Pulse becomes normal
- Temperature becomes normal
- Urine becomes odorless
- Eyes becomes clear
- Respiratory rate becomes normal
- Strenuous mental activities like business, official work, etc. should be avoided.
- Traveling, excess talking; watching T.V etc. is to be avoided.
- Fasting is not advised in severe weakness, old age and pregnancy.
- For epilepsy, T.B, ulcers, malnutrition and deficiency disorders, it should be skipped.
- Fluids should be taken in abundant quantity.
- Physical rest and mental relaxation is utmost important as the body releases poisons and toxic waste material.
- Since toxin release from cells, organ and glands, so enema is advised to facilitate elimination.
- Fresh juice should be taken.
- Canned or frozen juices should be skipped.
How to do weight loss through fasting
Doing intermittent fasting will help in weight loss and fat burning. Practicing fasting on scientific basis helps in overcoming obesity, consequently cure many diseases and disorders. To achieve weight loss through fasting, one has to do long duration fast at least for 20 or 30 days after following the scientific technique. The food intake needs to be followed very cautiously with special focus on herbal juices along with natural and seasonal foods. One should make a time frame to take foods or juice after the consultation of a dietitian. The breaking of fast should be done through juice and avoid taking fried and spicy food after fast.