Acidity and hyperacidity cause
There are many reasons and factors that accounted for acidity and hyperacidity. Acidity reflux disease causes excess secretion of acid in the stomach. The long interval between two eating times may be the reason for acidity. Acid reflux leads to heartburn and acid indigestion where acid may be observed in the esophagus region, which leaked from the stomach. Some of the important causes of acidity and heartburn are as follow:
- More secretion of hydrochloric acid (HCL)
- Eating fried and spicy food items
- Eating of pungent and sour foodstuffs
- Excessive use of beverages
- Stress and tension
- More thrust upon fermented foods
- Sedentary life and reduce physical exercises like Yoga, jogging, etc.
- The habit of skipping breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Negative emotion and thinking
- Aging also adds to acidity due to improper working of the digestive system.
Also Read: Top 10 Health & Medicinal Benefits of Ajwain
What are the causes of Gastritis?
There are many reasons for gas formation in the stomach. Some of the important factors are being enumerated:
- Swallowing of air
- Swallowing of air is more common during eating fast, smoking, taking carbonated drinks, chewing gums, etc.
- Bacterial acts on certain foods
- Undigested carbohydrates such as sugars, starches, and fiber in the stomach and small intestine.
- Gas causing foods are beans, onions, broccoli, cabbages, pears, sodas, milk and milk products, bread, cereals, salads dressing, sorbitols, spicy foods, etc.
- Drinking through a straw
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy.
Medicinal properties of Ajwain
The entire Ajwain plant is very beneficial for health and medicinal aspects. Ajwain seeds, fruits, leaves, and oil are used for medicinal purposes. Sanskrit name of the plant agnivardhana implies stimulation of the digestive fire. Charaka categorizes it as deepaniya (stimulates digestive fire). Ajowan has many ayurvedic properties. From an ayurvedic point of view, it has the following medicinal values.
- Taste: Pungent, bitter
- Post digestive effect: Pungent
- Potency: Hot
- Attributes: light, sharp, unctuous
- Dosha: Kapha and Vata alleviated
- Actions: digestant, vermicidal, antispasmodic
Carom seeds are good for gas
- Mix 1 tsp of ajwain seed powder and 1 tsp of dried ginger powder. Add a pinch of black salt. Take 1 tsp of this mixture with a cup of warm water to alleviate flatulence, abdominal colic, indigestion, and diarrhea.
- To relieve flatulence, ½ tsp of seed oil works well.
- Carom seeds are good for gastritis. The mixture of ajwain dried ginger and black salt is helpful in treating gas, flatulence, and indigestion.
- Ajwain is a natural home remedy to treat flatulence. Soaked 3 tsp of ajwain in lime juice. Dry it and mix a powder using black salt. The mixture may be taken 1 tsp twice a day to prevent gas problems.
- Taking 1 tsp of carom seeds with a little amount of black salt is an effective home remedy in the curing of gas or gastritis.
- Carom seeds are full of thymol which helps to secrete gastric juices thus helpful in digestion. Ajwain acts as a natural home remedy in curing gas, flatulence, and indigestion.
- Boil half a litre of water with 3 to 4 tsp of carom seeds. Continue to boil it unless it becomes half. Strain the mixture and drink a half cup of it. It is helpful for gastritis problems.
- These Bishop seeds (Ajwain) are helpful for indigestion, flatulence, and gastritis when taken in moderation.
- Having flatulence and indigestion problems, it is suggested to take 1 tsp of ajwain along with lukewarm water for 7 to 10 days.
- Carom seeds extraction is a very good home remedy against flatulence.
Carom seeds for acidity cure
- Taking 1 tsp of carom seeds along with a pinch of black salt is a good home remedy to treat acidity and hyperacidity.
- Carom seeds act as an antacid. Ajwain is full of anti-acidic properties. When the combination of carom seeds, black salt, and lukewarm water is taken for 10 to 15 days, it is an effective home remedy to cure acidity and hyperacidity.
- Boil the carom seeds in water. Strain the mixture and drink it to ease acidity and indigestion.
- The problem of acid reflux can be cured by taking the mixture of carom seeds, cumin seeds along with ginger powder. It is good in the treatment of acidity and acid reflux.
- The strained boil mixture of carom and cumin seeds is good in curing acidity because the presence of thymol in ajwain combats acidity.
- Carom seeds are a good anti-acid agent and natural antacid. It is beneficial for the stomach and gives relief to the mucous membrane of the stomach from acidity and hyperacidity.
Where Carom Seeds are grown?
Ajwain or the clery seeds are largely cultivated in the eastern part of India. The carum copticum, its Latin name is particularly abundant in and around Indore city and Andhra Pradesh. Ajwain also grows in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Egypt. It grows as a shrub, 1 to 3 feet in height, whose roots are fusiform. The fruit is ovoid in shape and grayish-brown in color. It is about 2 cm long and compressed.