Acidity and hyperacidity cause
Many reasons and factors account for acidity and hyperacidity. Acidity reflux disease causes excess secretion of acid in the stomach. The long interval between two eating times may be the reason for acidity. Acid reflux leads to heartburn and acid indigestion, where acid may be observed in the oesophagus region, which leaks from the stomach. Some of the essential causes of acidity and heartburn are as follows:
- More secretion of hydrochloric acid (HCL)
- Eating fried and spicy food items
- Eating spicy and sour foodstuffs
- Excessive use of beverages
- Stress and tension
- More thrust upon fermented foods
- Sedentary life and reduce physical exercises like Yoga, jogging, etc.
- The habit of skipping breakfast/lunch/dinner
- Negative emotion and thinking
- Aging also adds to acidity due to improper digestive system working.
Also Read: Top 10 Health & Medicinal Benefits of Ajwain
What are the causes of Gastritis?
There are many reasons for gas formation in the stomach. Some of the critical factors are being enumerated:
- Swallowing of air
- Swallowing of air is more common during eating fast, smoking, taking carbonated drinks, chewing gums, etc.
- Bacterial acts on certain foods
- Undigested carbohydrates such as sugars, starches, and fibre in the stomach and small intestine.
- Gas-causing foods are beans, onions, broccoli, cabbages, pears, sodas, milk and milk products, bread, cereals, salad dressings, sorbitol, spicy foods, etc.
- Drinking through a straw
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy.
Medicinal properties of Ajwain
The entire Ajwain plant is very beneficial for health and medicinal aspects. Ajwain seeds, fruits, leaves, and oil are used for medicinal purposes. The Sanskrit name of the plant agnivardhana implies stimulation of the digestive fire. Charaka categorises it as deepaniya (stimulates digestive fire). Ajowan has many Ayurvedic properties. From an Ayurvedic point of view, it has the following medicinal values.
- Taste: Pungent, bitter
- Post digestive effect: Pungent
- Potency: Hot
- Attributes: light, sharp, buttery
- Dosha: Kapha and Vata alleviated
- Actions: digestant, vermicidal, antispasmodic
Carom seeds for gas treatment
- Mix 1 tsp of ajwain seed powder and 1 tsp of dried ginger powder. Add a pinch of black salt. Take 1 tsp of this mixture with a cup of warm water to alleviate flatulence, abdominal colic, indigestion, and diarrhoea.
- To relieve flatulence, ½ tsp of seed oil works well.
- Carom seeds are good for gastritis. Ajwain dried ginger and black salt mixture helps treat gas, flatulence, and indigestion.
- Ajwain is a natural home remedy to treat flatulence. Soaked 3 tsp of ajwain in lime juice. Dry it and mix a powder using black salt. The mixture may be taken 1 tsp twice daily to prevent gas problems.
- Taking 1 tsp of carom seeds with black salt is an effective home remedy for curing gas or gastritis.
- Carom seeds are whole of thymol, which helps to secrete gastric juices, thus helpful in digestion. Ajwain is a natural home remedy for curing gas, flatulence, and indigestion.
- Boil half a litre of water with 3 to 4 tsp of carom seeds. Continue to boil it unless it becomes half. Strain the mixture and drink a half cup of it. It is helpful for gastritis problems.
- When taken in moderation, • These Bishop seeds (Ajwain) are helpful for indigestion, flatulence, and gastritis.
- Having flatulence and indigestion problems, taking 1 tsp of ajwain and lukewarm water for 7 to 10 days is suggested.
- Carom seed extraction is a perfect home remedy against flatulence.
Carom seeds for acidity cure
- Taking 1 tsp of carom seeds and a pinch of black salt is a good home remedy to treat acidity and hyperacidity.
- Carom seeds act as an antacid. Ajwain is full of anti-acidic properties. When the combination of carom seeds, black salt, and lukewarm water takes 10 to 15 days, it is an effective home remedy to cure acidity and hyperacidity.
- Boil the carom seeds in water. Strain the mixture and drink it to ease acidity and indigestion.
- The acid reflux problem can be cured using carom seeds, cumin seeds, and ginger powder. It is good in the treatment of acidity and acid reflux.
- The strained boil mixture of carom and cumin seeds is good in curing acidity because thymol in ajwain combats acidity.
- Carom seeds are an excellent anti-acid agent and natural antacid. It is beneficial for the stomach and relieves the mucous membrane of the stomach from acidity and hyperacidity.
Where are Carom Seeds grown?
Ajwain, or the celery seeds, are cultivated mainly in eastern India. The carum copticum’s Latin name is particularly abundant in and around Indore city and Andhra Pradesh. Ajwain also grows in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Egypt. It grows as a 1 to 3 feet tall shrub with fusiform roots. The fruit is oval in shape and greyish-brown in colour. It is about 2 cm long and compressed.