Many of us know the phrase ‘We are what we eat’, which clearly indicates the very essence of a healthy body and mind. To have glowing skin and shining hair, one should take those balanced and nutritious diets, which are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. These may be present in healthy fat, proteins, and fresh fruits, leafy and green vegetable. These diets help to keep your skin well-nourished, hydrated, and young, thus help in a glowing complexion. These foods also make your hair silky and shining.
List of diets for gorgeous skin and silky hair
- Apple: Apple is very important for your healthy skin and silky smooth hair. Apple is the storehouse of many important vitamins and minerals, which boost collagen and tightens the skin. The minerals and antioxidants treat and control skin problems like inflammation, itching, cracked skin, pimples, acne, and wrinkles, lessen under-eye circles, pigmentation and boost healthy hair. Application of apple juice over the scalp followed by washing it after a few minutes is good in dandruff prevention. Raw apple juice contains enough amount of vitamin C, which keeps your ligaments, tendons, and skin healthy by producing collagen.
- Avocado: Avocado is one of the few fruits for pretty skin and anti-aging. Avocado makes your skin soft, smooth, and glowing due to the presence of enough amounts of vitamin A, E, and antioxidants. The monounsaturated fat makes give your skin a natural glow. It’s moisturizing and rejuvenating your skin. Avocado is used as facial makeup, skincare, and hair conditioners.
- Banana: Banana is full of potassium, biotin, manganese, and vitamin C. These nutrients and antioxidants develop your skin elasticity and prevent aging. Banana is also being used in homemade face and hair masks too.
- Grapes: Grapes are known for an adequate amount of phytochemicals and phytonutrients. These biochemicals are good for regenerating rehydrating the skin. Anti-oxidants like flavonoids and resveratrol control free radicals of the body thus help in the healing of the skin.
- Orange: Orange is an adequate source of anti-oxidants, vitamin C, beta carotene, folic acid, phosphates, iodides, iron, phytonutrients, and flavonoids, thus an effective agent to combat pimples, wrinkles, acne, blackheads, and blemishes. Applied the paste of orange juice, oatmeal, and honey over the face and leave it for 20 minutes then wash it. It is good for skin glowing and skin rejuvenation. Orange peel powder and milk are also used to make skin beautiful and instant radiance. Since oranges are having an adequate quantity of vitamin C when orange juice rubs on the face, helps in the gentleness of skin. It also acts as a toner and natural bleach. It is suggested that a person should develop a habit to have an orange a day to look at oneself younger and younger.
- Papaya: Papaya is the storehouse of nutrients and antioxidants like carotene, vitamin C, flavonoids, vitamin B, folate, and pantothenic acid. The presence of alpha-hydroxy acids in papaya gives the face a fairer complexion when the peel is rubbed on the face and left for 5 minutes. When the mix of papaya and milk is applied over the face, it helps to remove acne, blackheads, blemishes, and pimples due to the hydration of the skin. The wrinkle problem of the skin can be solved by nutrients and antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and carotenoids present in papaya. Papaya is good for healthy hair. Shampoos, where papaya is used as important ingredients, are helpful in the prevention of dandruff. Papain in papaya removes the dead cells and provides skin a gorgeous touch.
- Strawberry: Strawberry is endowed with a high level of vitamin C and manganese. Vitamin C helps in the formation of collagen thus improves skin’s elasticity and resilience. Ellagic acid prevents collagen breaking and helps to maintain a younger look to the skin thereby keep wrinkles at bay. The ellagic acid of the fruit is also a UV protector
- Blueberry: Blueberry plays a vital role in combating aging-related problems. It acts as an anti-aging star by discouraging acne, pimples, wrinkles, and black spots. It happens due to the presence of antioxidants like anthocyanin and vitamin C. The presence of flavonoids is also good for gorgeous skin.
- Peaches: Peaches are good for glowing and healthy hair. Peaches have a good amount of vitamin C and Potassium help to regenerate skin tissue and improve skin complexion. It also removes wrinkles and pimples from the skin.
- Raspberry: Raspberry is effective against wrinkles, pimples, acne, and blemishes. Vitamin C helps to reduce wrinkles, age spots, and skin discoloration. Raspberry is also used for facial masks. A natural facial mask of raspberry protects the skin from sun rays. Red raspberry leaves are used to treat skin rashes.