Very few people like to eat the seeds of watermelon. , they are really into the red fleshy pulp of the fruit. But, after reading this article, you will give equal weightage to both the reddish, watery parts and its seeds. Besides other health benefits, it plays a vital role in your hair and skin.
How to eat watermelon seeds?
One can eat the watermelon seeds raw, sprouted, and roasted. In any form, it is tasted and without any side effects. While eating these seeds, you are advised to chew them properly elsewhere; the seeds will come out from the digestive tract intact.
Surprising Benefits of Watermelon Seeds
Watermelon seeds contain nutrients like protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. Some of the critical wonder benefits of eating watermelon seeds are described here.
- Watermelon seeds for hair: The seeds contain an adequate amount of protein, which is helpful for your hair health. The seeds contain iron, which helps to strengthen your hair and promote hair growth. It prevents your hair from becoming thin, dry, and dull. The seeds contain magnesium, which makes your hair strong and healthy. The roasted seeds contain copper that produces melanin, a pigment for hair colouring that should be checked. The essential amino acids prevent the breakage of your hair. Its oil helps to treat your itchy scalp as it quickly absorbs in your scalp region.
- Watermelon seeds for glowing skin: These seeds are abundant with fatty acids like oleic acid and linoleum acid, which are beneficial in making your skin healthy. The unsaturated fatty acids make your skin moisturised. The seed oil prevents drying, dullness, and acne on the skin. The presence of fatty acid makes your skin fairer and smooth. Applying its oil to your face is beneficial in treating acne, blemishes, wrinkles, and other skin-related problems. The presence of antioxidants ensures smooth skin, thereby delaying your ageing process.
- Watermelon for snacks: Why you are longing for pizza or chips as snacks. Roasted and dried watermelon seeds are used as snacks, soups, and sauces. However, one precaution may be taken: the roasted seeds should be chewed properly to absorb their nutrients better, or they will come from your digestive tract almost entirely intact. Watermelon seed sprouts can be taken after soaking them in water for a few days, followed by frying them in an oven. It will give flavour to the snacks. Its oil is also known as Kalahari or Ootanga oil because it is popular in West Africa, where people usually cook it.
- Watermelon seeds are good for calories: The bases contain calories and fatty acids. One cup of such seeds contains about 600 calories, almost three times the same quantity of brown rice. It is a good source of giving you energy at a low cost. Simultaneously, it is known for many essential beneficial fatty acids, i.e. oleic acid, linoleum acid, etc.
- Watermelon for sexual urge: Watermelon is natural Viagra because of its effective sexual urging properties. The seeds contain many critical amino acids like arginine, lysine, and glutamic acid. The presence of arginine amino acid boosts your sexual power and helps to urge your sexual desire. The lycopene in the seeds helps in the formation of sperm.
- Watermelon seeds for diabetes cure: Such sources are effective to a certain extent in lowering sugar levels in the blood, thus helpful to treat type 2 diabetes. To control sugar, one has to take tea of watermelon seeds. Magnesium regulates the metabolism of carbohydrates, which directly impact blood sugar levels.
- Watermelon seeds nutritional facts: On nutritional value, these seeds are loaded with many vital nutrients. The sources are protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. They have iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, and manganese on the mineral front. Many critical amino acids like arginine, lysine, tryptophan, and glumatic acid are present in it. It is also loaded with essential fatty acids such as oleic, linoleum, etc. On the vitamin side, It has a vitamin B complex.
- Watermelon seeds for your heart: Magnesium in watermelon ensures good heart functioning, regulates the metabolic process and maintains high blood pressure. Eating these seeds is also beneficial for cardiac function and hypertension. Arginine treats your coronary heart disease and also regulates blood pressure. Omega 6 fatty acid reduces blood pressure.
- Watermelon seeds for the nervous system are known for their vitamin B complex. It contains niacin, folate, thiamine, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. Of all these vitamins, Niacin is essential in maintaining the skin’s nervous system, digestive system, and beauty.
- Watermelon seeds use raw seeds because of their nutrient value. They can be used in salads, fried rice, soups, etc. It is used in sandwiches. It is used in making sweet dishes, especially during festivals. Tea is also quite popular and also has health benefits. It is also the parts of bread and cookies.