Definition of Naturopathy
Naturopathy is one of the essential drugless disciplines of an alternative system of medicine. Naturopathy doesn’t use drugs. In Naturopathy, Food is Medicine and considered nature as the greatest healer. In naturopathy, diseases are treated from a holistic point of view, as it is absent in other components of alternative medicine, where specific treatments are more common. Naturopathy has great health-promotive, disease-preventive drugs, curative, and preventive potential. Our diet should comprise 20 per cent acidic and 80 per cent alkaline foods to maintain good health.
Naturopathy medicine information
- The most vital difference between Naturopathy and other systems is that Naturopathy’s practices are based on the holistic dimension (the totality of factors responsible for the diseases). In contrast, other systems follow a specific approach.
- According to Naturopathy, the cause of all diseases is one-morbid matter; elimination of morbid matter from the body is the treatment.
- The primary factor of the disease is not the bacteria or viruses but the morbid matter. Bacteria and viruses are secondary factors.
- Naturopathy doesn’t use medicines. According to Naturopathy, Food is Medicine. In Naturopathy, the patient has been treated, not the disease.
- Naturopathy treats the body as a whole instead of treating each organ separately.
- Acute diseases are the self-healing effort of the body. Hence, they are our friends, not our enemies. Chronic diseases are the outcome of wrong treatment and suppression of acute diseases.
- Naturopathy treats physical, mental, social and spiritual all four aspects at the same time.
- Nature is the greatest healer. The body can prevent itself from disease and regain health if unhealthy.
- The Naturopath helps nature overcome disease by applying correct natural modalities and controlling the natural forces to work within safe limits.
- All diseases, their causes and treatment are one.
Naturopathy treatments through diet
In Naturopathy, Diet is one of the vital components of managing diseases. Food is rich in vitamin–B complex, and Vitamin C helps the body recover from stressful situations. Carbohydrates contain the neurotransmitter serotonin, produce a soothing effect, and increase well-being. According to naturopathy, all the foods should be taken in fresh forms. Naturopathic Diets are divided into three parts.
Eliminative Diet: Juices and soups come under an increased elimination diet. Examples of eliminative diets are lemon juice, citric fruits, tender coconut water, vegetable soups, buttermilk and wheat grass juices.
Soothing Diet: The best example of a mild diet is fruits, salads, steamed vegetables, sprouts, chutney, etc.
Constructive Diet: Diets such as wholesome flour, unpolished rice, little pulses, sprouts, curds, etc come under this group.
Fasting: A miracle medicine
Fasting means abstinence from food. As per naturopathy, one should initially take a small duration fast and gradually increase its time spell. One should have breakfast with juice, vegetable juice, soups, and fruits. But the best and the safest way of fasting is line juice fasting. Before fasting, the bowel should be emptied. Fasting helps to excrete accumulated poisons, toxins and waste materials. Dead cells are removed, and new cell formation is speeded up. Fasting provides rest to the different organs of the body, especially the digestive and assimilative ones. Fasting treats disorders like indigestion, constipation, gas formation, obesity, asthma, high blood pressure, and digestive disorders. Rest is advised during fasting.
Mud therapy cures headache.
Mud therapy is one of the necessary treatment modalities. The mud used in mud therapy is from 3 to 4 ft depth of the ground without contamination. Mud pack local application has many health benefits. Mud provides cooling when applied over the body due to moisture retention. When soil is applied to the abdomen, it eases indigestion. Headache can be lowered down by mud pack to head. Using a mudpack over the eyes is helpful in cases like conjunctivitis, eyeball haemorrhages, itching, allergy, and errors of refraction like short slight and long slight. It is instrumental in glaucoma, where it helps to reduce eyeball tension. Mud to face improves skin complexion, removes pimples, and opens pores. The effects of mud are refreshing, invigorating and vital. Before applying mud, it should be dried, powdered and sieved to remove the unwanted particles.
Wonder benefits of Hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy means the treatment of diseases through water. Water forms-solid, liquid, vapour, and steam are used to manage diseases and disorders. As a healing agent, water opens up the pores and makes the body light and fresh. Hydrotherapy enhances blood circulation. Drinking water helps eliminate uric acid, urea, salts, excessive sugar, and many other blood and food chemicals that are waste products. Colon Hydrotherapy is extensively used to detoxify and flush out the faecal matter from the colon. Colon Hydrotherapy helps wash out the faecal matter, bacteria, undigested food, and other waste products from the dietary clean.
Unknown benefits of massage for joint pain
Massage is one of the essential treatment modalities used to improve blood circulation and strengthen body organs; massaging with oil is very useful and has therapeutic benefits. The lubricants used in massage are mustard, sesame, coconut, olive, and aroma. Massage exercises include touch, stroking, friction, kneading, vibration, percussion and joint movements. When massage is performed with an electric massager, it is called Vibro massage. The process of massaging activates the entire body’s organs. It benefits high and low blood pressure, joint disorders, paralysis, depression, weakness, indigestion and obesity.
Naturopathy disease information
With the help of some diagnostic tools, naturopathy physicians can know or recognise diseases. One of the methods is Iris-Diagnostic, where the eye’s iris is analysed. Iris is the centre to tell the nature of various body parts. The right side is represented on the left iris and vice-versa. Changes in the iris constitution colour and the markings can provide explanations for diseases. Facial Diagnosis, which accounts for the body’s form, carriage, colour and movements, helps physicians to diagnose physical appearance, presence of toxins and other impurities and waste products in the body that indirectly gives an idea about diseases.
List of 23 naturopathy treatments
- Mud pack, Mud Application, Mud bath
- Hip Bath
- Spinal bath, Spinal Spray bath
- Immersion Bath, Friction bath
- Footbath, Arm bath
- Steam bath
- Sauna Bath
- Sun Bath
- Green Leaves Sun Bath
- Hot and Cold Fomentation
- Wet Sheet pack, Chest pack, Abdomen Pack, Trunk Pack
- Knee Pack, Neck Pack, Wet Girdle pack
- Enema-Warm Water, Buttermilk, tender coconut water,
- Circular Jet Bath
- Colon Irrigation
- Deluxe hydro massage
- Hot and Cold water Douches, Effusion
- Whirlpool Bath
- Magnet Therapy
- Colour Therapy
- Physiotherapy Treatments-Exercise Therapy, Electro-Therapy