What are Magaz seeds?
Magaz seeds contain protein, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. They are known for many surprising health benefits; they are used in making sweet dishes, sherbet, curries, and other popular health drinks. In the era of modernisation, very few people know about the uses, nutritional facts, and medicinal values of Magaz seeds. One can quickly get Magaz seeds from watermelon, pumpkin, cucumber, etc. I was also unaware of its advantages. Once, I visited my friend’s house on Eid, a day celebrated after the fast of the holy month of Ramadan, where I was served a sweet dish containing Magaz seeds as integral components. The word also had coconut, khoya, ghee, benefitssugar, and almonds. My friend’s mother told me it is beneficial for frail people and pregnant women. If somebody wants to eat Magaz seeds only, they should be chewed properly before swallowing.
10 Wonder benefits of Magaz seeds
Magaz seeds are known for multiple and surprising health benefits. It is full of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Magaz seeds for weight gain: Good news for those who want to gain weight. It is suggested that such persons should take a special dish comprised of Magaz seeds. The seed contains fatty acids, calories, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Method: When a special dish consisting of dry coconut, ghee, almond, Khoya (a milk product), and Magaz seeds is made, it is incredibly delicious, and using the same regularly helps remove weakness and weight gain.
- Magaz seeds for hair: The seeds contain plenty of protein, which is helpful for your hair health, hair growth, hair shining, and controlling hair loss. Proteins like lysine, arginine, and glutamic acid are abundant in Magaz, which are suitable for your hair health. Method: Its oil is easily absorbed in the scalp region, thereby helpful in strengthening the hair follicles. Its seed also contains copper, which helps stimulate the pigment melanin agent to prevent greying of hair. The plenty of fatty acid keeps you hydrated and firm.
- Magaz seeds for healthy skin: Magaz seeds are full of fatty acids like oleic acid and linoleum acid, which help to make your skin glow. Method: Magaz seeds oils act against dry, dull, and acne skin and prevent the clogging of skin pores, thus making your skin refreshing and rejuvenating. Its oil keeps your skin hydrating and moisturising; therefore, it is good for making baby oil. The antioxidants and fatty acid oils make your skin glowing, fairer, and smooth since they provide numerous benefits to make your skin vibrant and young. It is helpful in the prevention of skin ageing problems.
- Magaz seeds for sexual health: Such sources have an amino acid named arginine, which boosts your sexual power. The presence of lycopene in the seeds is good for sperm formation.
- Magaz seeds for diabetes treatment: The sources are good in curing diabetes by lowering the sugar in the blood. Method: Take 2 tbsp of Magaz seeds and boil it in 1 litre of water for 1 hour. Strain it and drink it the same as tea.
- Magaz seeds for kidney stones: Its tea is a diuretic and helps with infiltration of the kidney, kidney stones, infection in the urinary tract, and overall kidney health.
- Magaz seeds for cardiac health: It is an essential source of some amino acids our body can’t form. The critical amino acids are arginine, tryptophan, glutamic acids, and lysine. Arginine is good for the heart. The presence of Omega fatty acids reduces the chances of cardiac complications. It is also associated with magnesium, which ensures the proper functioning of the heart.
- Magaz seeds cure Marasmus and Kwashiorkor: Since Magaz seeds are associated with some of the vital protein components, they are good in preventing protein deficiency diseases like Marasmus and Kwashiorkor.
- Magaz seeds are a good source of vitamin B-complex: They fulfil some of the essential requirements of vitamin B as it has niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid.
- Nutritional values of Magaz seeds: The seeds are rich in fatty acids, protein, vitamins, and minerals. It is rich in vitamin B like niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid. The seeds are good sources of arginine, tryptophan, glutamic acids, and lysine. It contains magnesium, calcium, and copper too.
What is Char Magaz seeds?
Char Magaz seeds are composed of four: watermelon, pumpkin, cantaloupe, and almonds. Char Magaz seeds are quite popular in making sweet dishes, curries, and a type of cold drink in summer. It is also used as an intoxicant. It is full of fatty acids, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Magaz seeds recipe
Magaz recipe for a sweet dish
- Dry coconut: (2kg)-make thin pieces.
- Ghee: (1/2kg)
- Almond: (200gm)
- Khoya (a milk product): 1 kg
- Magaz seeds: 100 gram
- Water: 2 litre
- Sugar: 1/2kg
First, boil water and sugar. Put ghee and Khoya into it. After that, mix the rest of the ingredients and make it on low flame. It should be left in low flame for 2-3 hours so that everything gets mixed properly. Make it cool and eat a small quantity of the same.
Paneer Magaz recipe
- Paneer: (300g)
- Chopped onion: 1
- Red chilli powder: 1tbsp
- Tomato: 1
- Magaz seeds: 1 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
Side-effects of Magaz seeds
Magaz seeds tea shouldn’t be taken in excess quantity as it may drag you into a kidney infection and its associated problems.