What are sprouts?
Sprouts are lovely food due to their high nutritional value. Natural sprouts are suitable for a healthy body, preventing many diseases and disorders. It ensures blood purification and strengthens the immune system. In Naturopathy, sprouts are medicine because they preserve and promote health properties. Sprouts are known for excellent benefits, such as weight loss and hair loss. Sprouts are associated with the fantastic health benefits of sprouting.
Sprouts are known as health rejuvenators and mood freshers. Sprouts are rich in fibre, protein, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes; that’s why they are known as miracle food.
Meaning of sprouts
These are germinated seeds of legumes or grains full of rejuvenating and health-promoting qualities. All legume sprouts are packed with adequate protein and calcium.
Use of sprouts for salads
Salads are a good appetiser. When salads are prepared by using sprouts, the nutritional value of salads increases manifolds. For different types of recipes, nodes are used along with tomatoes, onions, broccoli, radish, etc. Anyone can eat sprouts. Sprouts are vital for patients and disease-prone people. Adding cucumber, tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves, lemon, onion, etc., increases its taste and nutritional value. If a healthy person takes sprouts regularly, he prevents himself from many diseases.
How to make sprouts-Sprouting
Sprout seeds are put in jars or wet clothes with four times water. After soaking water throughout the night, please keep it in a clean cloth in the morning. Frequent sprinkles of water should be done in summer to retain moisture. It is easy to make sprouts in summer than in winter. Growing sprouts is easy and cost-effective so that everyone can prepare them.
Types of sprouts
Seeds of Alfalfa, Sunflower, Soybean, Gram, Soybean, Wheat, Moth, Moong, Lobia, Methi, etc., can be used for sprouts. Split peas, Kidney beans, Black beans, Pinto beans, and Garbanzo beans are also used as sprouted seeds. Wheat sprout germination is prone to fungus, so they should be exposed to sunlight in the morning.
Importance of sprouts
Three bad habits, Wrong eating habits, Wrong living habits, and Wrong thinking habits, along with junk and fast foods, are the harbinger of acidity and hyper-acidity. It is more prominent in urban culture, leading to lifestyle-related disorders such as obesity. Sprouts are the surest answer to maintaining the balance between acidity and alkalinity. Sprouts, one of the best natural foods, greatly help counter acidity.
Sprouts benefits for weight loss
Following a high-fibre diet is a wise step to reduce your weight. Sprouts are fibre-rich, have adequate nutrients, enzymes, protein, and micro-nutrients, and are also low in calories. So obese people should regularly use sprouts in their diet as it helps to fill their stomachs and reduces the feeling of hunger. Therefore, projections play a prominent role in weight loss.
Sprouts benefit hair loss.
Brussel Sprouts are rich in many nutrients, such as Vitamin E, Potassium, and Iron, which are effective for hair growth. Alfalfa sprouts are beneficial for the all-round development of hair growth as it is endowed with sufficient amounts of vitamins such as Vitamin A, B2, B5, and K. Alfalfa sprouts also contain other nutrients such as folic acid, zinc, copper and magnesium, which are suitable for hair. More or less, all types of nodes have plenty of protein which is good for hair growth as more than 75 % of hair is constituted of protein. All these forms of sprouts with enriched nutrients are helpful in the prevention of hair loss.
10 excellent benefits of sprouts
- Sprouts develop immunity against various diseases.
- Sprouts contain antioxidants that contend with free radicals and are a panacea for many diseases.
- Excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- The Starch in Sprouts converts into glucose, fructose, and maltose, thereby enhancing digestibility and thus make it a superb food.
- Quite helpful in getting rid of addictions because these are suited to drug-addicted people.
- Nutrient percentage of Vitamin C, Iron, Riboflavin, Niacin, and Phosphorous increase after sprouting.
- With curative powers, Fenugreek (Dana methi) treats Diabetes Mellitus and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Gram sprouts increase vigour and vitality.
- These are rejuvenating foods.
- Sprouts are fresh and entirely living food. They are easily digestible, assimilated easily, and provide quick energy.
How to maintain the nutritional value of sprouts
- Chemical seeds should not be used for sprouts.
- Sprouts should be washed before eating.
- Sprouts are easily infected with fungus, so safety measures should be taken care of.
- Eating sprouts kept for an extended period is not advisable.
- Stale, stunk and dull sprouts should not be used.
- Cooking of Sprouts should be discouraged as they lose nutritional value.
- Cooking, frying, and roasting sprouts are not up to the nutrition mark.
- Steam sprouts may be given to aged people for easy digestion.
- Moong bean is rich in vitamins A, E, and C.
Moong (lentil) sprouts recipe has ample protein and calcium. One can take each cup of sprouted moong, chopped tomatoes, and chopped cucumber for ingredients. Coriander, Red Chilli, and black salt may also be used. It is advisable to wash all the ingredients before making the recipe.
How to cook sprouts?
It is always advisable to eat raw sprouts. Eating raw sprouts means taking lots of nutrients at a time. Cooking sprouts loses nutritional value. Therefore, cooking, frying, and roasting sprouts should be discouraged. However, the nodes may be steamed and ground for aged people to make it paste.
5 commonly used sprouts
- Moong Bean: Moong bean is probably the most accessible seed to sprout. It has a fresh flavour and adds taste to other foods. It is rich in vitamins A, E, and C.
- Fenugreek (Dana methi) for Diabetes: The flavour of Fenugreek is somewhat spicy and slightly bitter. Fenugreek sprouts are known for curative powers. Such sprouts are used in curing Diabetes Mellitus and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Gram (Chana) for Vigour and Vitality: Since ancient times, gram sprouts have been used. Grams sprouts are known for enhancing vigour and vitality. It also fulfils the requirements of vitamins and minerals in the body.
- Brussel Sprouts for Hair: Brussel Sprouts are endowed with Vitamins and Minerals. It is also suitable for hair.
- Alfalfa sprouts for Shining Hair: Alfalfa sprouts are plenty of vitamins and minerals. You should regularly take Alfalfa sprouts if you want glowing and shining hair.