What is the meaning of cancer?
Cancer is a disease where the cells grow in an uncontrolled way. There is no such proper division in the cells. The prevention, management, and treatment of cancer through Ayurveda has some positive results. However, the use of Ayurveda medicines for cancer treatment needs more research. Though, it has been found in some clinical research that the use of selective medicines or therapies viz. Yoga, Meditation and relaxation techniques of Ayurveda helps to ease the symptoms of cancer.
Also Read: Cancer causing foods
- The appearance of round, immobile, fast-growing, and unripe swelling is a diagnostic feature of cancer.
- Swelling with cutting, rough, and bladder-like appearance.
- Swelling with a hot burning sensation.
Best 30 Ayurveda medicines for cancer treatment
- Abrus precarious: Isolated proteinus extract from seeds having anti-cancerous properties.
- Allium sativum: Show marked anti-cancerous activity on rabbits.
- Albizzia lebbeck: Its alcoholic extract of roots possesses anti-cancer activity against mice
- Aloe vera: It stimulates the production of T-4 lymphocytes thereby helps in reduction in Karposi sarcoma.
- Anacardium occidentale: Its alcoholic extracts having anti-cancer activity against Heptoma of mice.
- Annona Squamosa: The alcoholic extract of its aerial parts is having anti-cancer activity.
- Asparagus racemosus: It root alcoholic extract possess anti-cancer activity in human epidermoid carcinoma of the nasopharynx.
- Baliospermum montanum: Ester derivatives in root show anti-cancerous activity
- Aristolochia indica: Alcohol extract of its root showing anti-cancerous property against adeno-carcinoma in mice.
- Bacopa monniera: The entire plant is having anti-cancerous activity.
- Bahunia racemosa: Barks alcoholic extract possess anti-cancer activity.
- Euphorbia hirta: Alcoholic extract of the entire plant possessed with anti-cancer activity.
- Indigofera mysorensis: Its extract having anti-cancerous activity against lymphocytic leukemia in mice.
- Ixora undulata: The entire plant is effective for cancer in mice.
- Jatropha glandulifera: Ethanolic extract of the aerial plants works well for cancer in mice.
- Vinca rosea: Its anti-cancer may be used for the cancer of the breast, cervix, kidney, lung, ovary, etc.
- Vernonia species: the alkaloid vernolepin having anti-cancerous features.
- Tylophora asthmatica: Tolyphorin and tolyphorinin are the alkaloids related to the plant and having anti-cancerous features.
- Nigella sativa: Ethanolic extract of seeds show anti-cancer properties.
- Phyllanthus fraternus: Whole plant show anti-cancer activity in mouse.
- Ocimum sanctum: Its leaf juice has controlled cancer of the skin and liver.
- Piper betel: Betel leaf extract is also associate with anti-tumor features.
- Plumbago rosea: is used for oral anti-cancer activity.
- The alcoholic extract of leaves, bark, roots, and aerial parts of the following ayurvedic herbs and plants are also having anti-cancerous characteristics.
- Azadirachta indica
- Berberies aristata
- Bergenia ligulata
- Boswellia serrata
- Calotropis gigantea
- Cedrus deodara, Centella asciatica, Corchorous aestuans, Curcuma longa, Datura metel, Erythrina Suberosa, Heliotropium indicum, Inuula Cappa, Jasmonium dispersum, Manilkara hexandra, Melia azadaracha, Michelia kisopa, Moringa oleifera, Nerium Indicum, Picrorrhiza kurroa, Pisum sativum, Plumbago zeylanica,